Joe B: 2019 NFL Mock Draft No. 2

8 hours ago, wppete said:

Don’t like it. Want to stay at #9 get Oliver or Gary

I agree.  There is no way I'm passing up on a premium edge rusher, WR, OT, CB, or QB (which we don't need) or a DT, who can do it all for a TE.  1st round is about premium positions and premium talent and when you have both in one player you take that guy.  Hockenson is a premium talent that's not at a premium position.  Oliver is both.  Take Oliver at 9 if he makes it that far.  

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-2019-nfl-mock-draft-no-2

I'd be totally fine with these picks, if they happened.

15) bil-mark-1-rgb_1488858415418_56401400_ver1.0_60_45.jpg (from WAS) - TE TJ Hockenson, Iowa

40) bil-mark-1-rgb_1488858415418_56401400_ver1.0_60_45.jpg - DT Jerry Tillery, Notre Dame

46) bil-mark-1-rgb_1488858415418_56401400_ver1.0_60_45.jpg (from WAS) - OT Tytus Howard, Alabama State

I would plan a parade. TE, DT and LT of the future on the first two days is excellent. Three of my favorite guys in the Draft.

8 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

^^^

This. I like Hockenson but I'm taking Oliver over him every day and twice on Sunday.

Image result for why can't we have both gif

Draft Oliver at 9, then use 40 and some additional draft capital to move back up into the late 1st if Hock is still available. It's not like we need to use all 10 picks, we've already signed 42 guys in FA. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Image result for why can't we have both gif

Draft Oliver at 9, then use 40 and some additional draft capital to move back up into the late 1st if Hock is still available. It's not like we need to use all 10 picks, we've already signed 42 guys in FA. 

Nice thought and I agree that they will not make all 10 of those picks but I believe that Hockenson will be gone no later than the mid-teens. Moving back into the 1st Round that high would be too costly, IMO.

I'd be all for this draft, but I have seen a few where we trade back to 12 - 15ish and stock pile more picks.  If we traded back and got more picks, I think at that point the chances of us going back up into the 1st round or high 2nd round would greatly increase.  There isn't a chance we keep 10 rookies on our roster next season, let alone the 11 we would get from this trade.

Just going off of Joe B's draft board, why not go back up into the 25 - 31 range and get a T/G that might be available like Risner or a WR like Hakeem Butler or a Edge like Jaylon Ferguson.  

• Like (+1) 1

Tillery was actually more productive in college from the standpoint of sacks than Ed Oliver and Quinton Williams.  There was some question about his attitude.  Supposedly, he didn't always get along with Notre Dame Coach, Brian Kelly.

7 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Tillery is a freight train reminds me of Fletcher Cox .

The only pk I didn't like was the Howard pk I believe u can get him in the 3rd.  I'd rather take Andy Isabella or trade up for Jachai Polite  . Imagine we pull that off

Hock

Tillery 

Polite 

What u draft!

Polite is garbage.  Please no

I really hope they do not take a TE in the first. TE is a position they needs time to develope. Get a project guy later. 

I think they go D first because McDermott will not miss on the pick with his talent evaluation. Beane will check the player out on the personality side with coaches teammates etc.  I think McDermott will get better at understanding his O needs. 

37 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Polite is garbage.  Please no

Got to see Polite live vs Vanderbilt.  Didn't even notice he was on the field.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they are taking Devin White. If he is gone, I could see them working a trade down with the Patriots, who then take Hockenson. 

Actually I would not be surprised by this at all.  Gronk has pretty much been the centerpiece of their passing attack since his rookie season.  While they still have Edleman, it'll be tough on them without Gronk or someone to that calibur unless they take a premium wide out.  The issue however, is that I don't think Brady's arm is good enough to take advantage of perimeter mismatches anymore so they would do better to have a guy that can stretch and put pressure on the seams.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i think hock will be gone by 15.  obviously assuming oliver wasn't there at 9....but at

15   montez sweat

40. i'm ok with tillery here.(harry and jerry = scary?) however, i think by draft time his other issues (party habits) and such will be dragged through social media and i was hoping rd 3

maybe even 4 but anyway....

46. i don't know. i might have to go with bf88 on the polite pick.  these 3 picks could send our defense over the top. i don't know what to make of the bills fa te signings.

jake fisher to block? tyler kroft? ( who sticks for sure) jason croom? meh, but kinda hard to see him getting cut.  they won't keep 4. just how important is drafting a high round te a priority to the fo?

one thing i do know is that they'll do something i would never have thought of.

Yep, a lot of mocks have him gone by then.  While I like the idea of trading back, I think the drop off in what's considered top level talent occurs as you get past 10. It will of course depend on how many QBs go ahead of the Bills.

19 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Actually I would not be surprised by this at all.  Gronk has pretty much been the centerpiece of their passing attack since his rookie season.  While they still have Edleman, it'll be tough on them without Gronk or someone to that calibur unless they take a premium wide out.  The issue however, is that I don't think Brady's arm is good enough to take advantage of perimeter mismatches anymore so they would do better to have a guy that can stretch and put pressure on the seams.

I think 8 is the spot as well, because they have connections in those front offices. And that could be why the Bills might try to hide their interest in Hockenson. 

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Tillery was actually more productive in college from the standpoint of sacks than Ed Oliver and Quinton Williams.  There was some question about his attitude.  Supposedly, he didn't always get along with Notre Dame Coach, Brian Kelly.

That just makes me like him more. Brian Kelly is a mark!