Joe B: 2019 NFL Mock Draft No. 2

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-2019-nfl-mock-draft-no-2

I'd be totally fine with these picks, if they happened.

15) bil-mark-1-rgb_1488858415418_56401400_ver1.0_60_45.jpg (from WAS) - TE TJ Hockenson, Iowa

40) bil-mark-1-rgb_1488858415418_56401400_ver1.0_60_45.jpg - DT Jerry Tillery, Notre Dame

46) bil-mark-1-rgb_1488858415418_56401400_ver1.0_60_45.jpg (from WAS) - OT Tytus Howard, Alabama State

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, wppete said:

Don’t like it. Want to stay at #9 get Oliver or Gary

While Oliver is my #1 Gary is my #937.  If Gary is our first pick, I’ll be very sad. Even if in the 2nd rd.  I feel he’ll be overdrafted and overpaid his entire career.

I’d be happy with that haul.  I want Hockenson, but can’t take him at 9 over Oliver.  Doesn’t make sense.    I haven’t waTched much tape on tillery yet.  Didn’t look like a DT at the combine.  Tall and rangy.  

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Decent draft....I like Hockenson a lot and would be happy if this is the direction the Bills went...but the top 10 is defense loaded and it would be tough to not take Oliver, White, Sweat or even trade up if one of the big 3 drop to 5 or 6 range.

^^^

This. I like Hockenson but I'm taking Oliver over him every day and twice on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 3

I like the trade down, especially getting the extra 2nd.

But trading down and then passing on Dillard, is something we will probably regret.

Howard is pretty raw and I get that you're looking to the future, but I don't think he's quite the athlete some think he is. His shuttle and 3 cone the 2 things I think are important for an OL..were really pretty slow. Dillard is more polished AND has better tools. I think with Howard, you stand a good chance of looking again in 2 years, after he doesn't pan out. With Dillard, you have a better chance of a quality pass blocker, move Dawkins to the inside and you've improved 2 positions with one pick.

I'd reverse the 1st and third picks.

Dillard instead of Hockenson with the 1st pick. With the 46th pick, take Jace Sternberger out of A and M. He's not the blocker that Hockenson is, but as a receiver, if he's not his equal, he's pretty close.

I'd be OK with Tillery as a DT, he came on last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

While Oliver is my #1 Gary is my #937.  If Gary is our first pick, I’ll be very sad. Even if in the 2nd rd.  I feel he’ll be overdrafted and overpaid his entire career.

I’d be happy with that haul.  I want Hockenson, but can’t take him at 9 over Oliver.  Doesn’t make sense.    I haven’t waTched much tape on tillery yet.  Didn’t look like a DT at the combine.  Tall and rangy.  

Tillery is a freight train reminds me of Fletcher Cox .

The only pk I didn't like was the Howard pk I believe u can get him in the 3rd.  I'd rather take Andy Isabella or trade up for Jachai Polite  . Imagine we pull that off

Hock

Tillery 

Polite 

What u draft!

i think hock will be gone by 15.  obviously assuming oliver wasn't there at 9....but at

15   montez sweat

40. i'm ok with tillery here.(harry and jerry = scary?) however, i think by draft time his other issues (party habits) and such will be dragged through social media and i was hoping rd 3

maybe even 4 but anyway....

46. i don't know. i might have to go with bf88 on the polite pick.  these 3 picks could send our defense over the top. i don't know what to make of the bills fa te signings.

jake fisher to block? tyler kroft? ( who sticks for sure) jason croom? meh, but kinda hard to see him getting cut.  they won't keep 4. just how important is drafting a high round te a priority to the fo?

one thing i do know is that they'll do something i would never have thought of.

Edited by billsredneck1

If we traded back to Washington, I would trade back up to Cindy, sending a 3rd and select Ed Oliver(den is taking Lock).  We would have two 2s, three 4s, two 5s, 6, two 7s

Edited by Pete