Unpopular Take. The Bills should trade for Rosen

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Aikman is irrelevant.  Johnson essentially screwed the pooch by giving up the #1 pick in the 1990 draft pick for a QB who was still available after 336 picks in 1989.   The chances of Walsh "hitting" anything besides an opposing DB in the hands were infinitesimal.

Even under the rookie pay scale, a first round QB goes for at least $5 or $6 million a year, which is the going rate for a backup QB who can win a few games for a team (like Tannehill).  Nobody knows if Rosen can develop half as well as Tannehill.

The Bills have way too many needs to waste a second round pick on a backup QB. 

Johnson's move was an utter fail in 1989.  The Bills attempting to recreate it (at least in your mind) by trading a 2nd rounder for Rosen in 2019 is simply too stupid to merit any consideration.

Yeah, that's the dumbest part of this whole thing.  It didn't work then so...let's do it again!

But it's essentially happening 30 years later...to Rosen. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think this is the worst idea ever as having 2 guys compete is rarely a bad idea however....

With this line of thinking, shouldn't the Cardinals hold on to him, draft Murray and do the same thing?  I don't know why they are in such a rush to trade him, and think that is a bad sign for their confidence in him to be the guy.  

I think for now though the Bills need to use all of their resources to build up the team around Allen and see what he has.  That second round pick could be a wr or te that would help the Bills be more competitive than a backup qb.  If Rosen turns out to be a franchise guy then the Bills missed an opportunity but they had their choice of the two and made it last year.  Nothing from the season showed that was a mistake so I don't see why they would waffle on that decision now.

15 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

.....In 1989, Jimmy Johnson, having just drafted Troy Aikman, 1/1, used what ended up being his 1990 first round draft pick in the 1989 Supplemental draft on QB Steve Walsh from the U.  Some of you may remember Walsh was a big time college QB at the time.  Johnson, when asked why he had done this said that QB was too important to get wrong.  He needed to make sure he had one.  No one really remembers much about it because Aikman won that competition, went on to win 3 Super Bowls...and Walsh was traded to the Saints for draft picks.  ....keep that in mind....

As much as many of you have cherry picked the stats to pieces and conjured up every possible scenario to hide the blight of Josh Allens horrendous 52% completion PCT....the fact is, as exciting and athlietic as he is...Josh Allen is still a major question mark to everyone outside western New York (yes Bills fans...where you see a an ascending future MVP QB, the rest of the country sees a gifted athlete who isn't a good thrower)  

Rosen is cheap.  He can be had for a 2nd round draft pick.

While the Bills certainly still have plenty of spots to fill and could use that 2nd to do that....what if you had Rosen on hand in case Josh Allen can't get that Comp % up above 55?  What if you had the next blue chip prospect already on your roster and under contract if it turns out you've rebuilt the roster, have all this young talent ready to go, and your QB turns out to be a bust?  You wouldn't need to rebuild again...you'd have Rosen ready to go.

You might argure making such a move would damage Allens confidence.  Maybe it would...but Aikman handled Johnson drafting Walsh, manned up and won that battle.  If Allen has the fortitude he's said to posses around here...he'd compete.  

If Allen did turn out to be what you all are hoping for, Rosen would remain something of an unknown blue chip prospect that had value and could be traded for something useful next year.  

If the object of having a pro football team is to WIN...then getting QB right is worth making this kind of move.  That's why Jimmy did it.  Just something to think about....these kind of situations don't come around often.

ShockingLivelyHound-size_restricted.gif

15 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

.....In 1989, Jimmy Johnson, having just drafted Troy Aikman, 1/1, used what ended up being his 1990 first round draft pick in the 1989 Supplemental draft on QB Steve Walsh from the U.  Some of you may remember Walsh was a big time college QB at the time.  Johnson, when asked why he had done this said that QB was too important to get wrong.  He needed to make sure he had one.  No one really remembers much about it because Aikman won that competition, went on to win 3 Super Bowls...and Walsh was traded to the Saints for draft picks.  ....keep that in mind....

As much as many of you have cherry picked the stats to pieces and conjured up every possible scenario to hide the blight of Josh Allens horrendous 52% completion PCT....the fact is, as exciting and athlietic as he is...Josh Allen is still a major question mark to everyone outside western New York (yes Bills fans...where you see a an ascending future MVP QB, the rest of the country sees a gifted athlete who isn't a good thrower)  

While the Bills certainly still have plenty of spots to fill and could use that 2nd to do that....what if you had Rosen on hand in case Josh Allen can't get that Comp % up above 55?  What if you had the next blue chip prospect already on your roster and under contract if it turns out you've rebuilt the roster, have all this young talent ready to go, and your QB turns out to be a bust?  You wouldn't need to rebuild again...you'd have Rosen ready to go.

You might argure making such a move would damage Allens confidence.  Maybe it would...but Aikman handled Johnson drafting Walsh, manned up and won that battle.  If Allen has the fortitude he's said to posses around here...he'd compete.  

If Allen did turn out to be what you all are hoping for, Rosen would remain something of an unknown blue chip prospect that had value and could be traded for something useful next year.  

If the object of having a pro football team is to WIN...then getting QB right is worth making this kind of move.  That's why Jimmy did it.  Just something to think about....these kind of situations don't come around often.

You'll have a lot of people saying, "no," and I wonder how many of them are the same "draft a QB every year until you have a Pro Bowl" QB folks.  Your idea is the same: get a QB this year, in fact, a top 10 draft QB, for a 2nd rounder.   I don't know if I like the idea, I may wait till next year and grab as much talent, so if Allen falters the next QB has a loaded lineup.  But your idea is not crazy as some have/will insinuate.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

I think a #2 QB is an important position on any team. I also think Barkley stinks and we’re dead if he has to play a few games. I also think Rosen will be pretty good if not very good. And it’s still a horrible idea. Rosen is not the kind of player happy to be on the bench. If he doesn’t play at all or much we won’t get a 3rd for him. The chances of us benefiting from it is far less than it becoming a disaster or loss.  

17 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

If by unpopular, you mean stupid, then yes.

17 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

You had me until towards the end and then I realized you were making a joke.  Why didn't you wait until April Fools day?

13 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

No...I'm Zerovoltz from KC.  I'm not Jeffismagic.   I don't actually post here that much.  I do my actual TROLLING over at Orangemane.com.  I enjoy giving Broncos fans crap....I LIKE you folks here.  Over there I troll away..they let me join their fantasy leauges.....I drafted Mahomes..won their money...have made and won some other bets with them...and generally just give them crap.  https://www.orangemane.com/forum/orange-mane-discussion/orange-mane-central-discussion/20009-  

My name is Gary.  I am originally from KC, but live in the DFW area of texas now.  My wife is pretty easy on the eyes.  Here is a picture of me and Poncho Billa at the 2018 Draft down here (Jerry Dome)  and here is my facebook page....  https://www.facebook.com/gary.hamilton.714

MeandPoncho.jpg

I was thinking you guys could trade us Mahommes for any ****ing thing you wanted.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

Um, NO!

The fact this thread has reached 8 pages has caused me to lose hope for society.  With each passing page, society as a whole becomes dumber by 5%.  

At 10 pages we will be approaching 3rd world country status.  

At 15 pages we will be the equivalent of "North Centinal Island".  

At 20 pages we will be the equivalent of the Terry Crews led USA in the movie "Idocracy".  

Lets see how dumb we get.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The fact this thread has reached 8 pages has caused me to lose hope for society.  With each passing page, society as a whole becomes dumber by 5%.  

At 20 pages we will be the equivalent of the Terry Crews led USA in the movie "Idocracy".  

We will reach 60 pages and be in California before it is closed by MOD.

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

....can't we declare a "state of emergency" and build a wall around it?.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2