Unpopular Take. The Bills should trade for Rosen

Hmmmm...a QB needy team that drafted its future franchise in Rosen 12months ago is getting ready to drop him like a hot potato as they’d rather start from scratch in the draft again than see more of him...yeah, I’d like to spend one of our high draft picks to pick him up...because why again? Sorry, I lost the logic while repeating it back.:doh:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

The basic argument that Rosen can be had for cheap has merit. However, if that was the only criterion, why shouldnt Arizona keep him as insurance instead of trading him for pennies on the dollar? The obvious reason he can be had for cheap is that there can only be one Queen Bee to a hive!!

You cant have the cake and eat it too mate. Either say that Rosen is a good backup in which case Arizona should keep him rather than trade him to the Bills for peanuts. Or say, there can only be one King and that is why Arizona is going to let him go for cheap which means that the Bills (with Allen as the unquestioned king) should not acquire him even if he can be had for cheap.

The flip side is that as a day two trade he’s not the king that a top half of round 1 pick is.

Depending on the definition of cheap- he makes sense for just about any team as a flyer (given even moderate scheme fit). Even if mediocre he’s a relatively average back up on an affordable contract

it won’t happen here, but it’s not the level of crazy some are portraying 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Is this the Savior Edwards/Peterman guy? Just revamping his schtick after like 10 long, boring years?

No...I'm Zerovoltz from KC.  I'm not Jeffismagic.   I don't actually post here that much.  I do my actual TROLLING over at Orangemane.com.  I enjoy giving Broncos fans crap....I LIKE you folks here.  Over there I troll away..they let me join their fantasy leauges.....I drafted Mahomes..won their money...have made and won some other bets with them...and generally just give them crap.  https://www.orangemane.com/forum/orange-mane-discussion/orange-mane-central-discussion/20009-  

My name is Gary.  I am originally from KC, but live in the DFW area of texas now.  My wife is pretty easy on the eyes.  Here is a picture of me and Poncho Billa at the 2018 Draft down here (Jerry Dome)  and here is my facebook page....  https://www.facebook.com/gary.hamilton.714

MeandPoncho.jpg

5 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

No...I'm Zerovoltz from KC.  I'm not Jeffismagic.   I don't actually post here that much.  I do my actual TROLLING over at Orangemane.com.  I enjoy giving Broncos fans crap....I LIKE you folks here.  Over there I troll away..they let me join their fantasy leauges.....I drafted Mahomes..won their money...have made and won some other bets with them...and generally just give them crap.  https://www.orangemane.com/forum/orange-mane-discussion/orange-mane-central-discussion/20009-  

My name is Gary.  I am originally from KC, but live in the DFW area of texas now.  My wife is pretty easy on the eyes.  Here is a picture of me and Poncho Billa at the 2018 Draft down here (Jerry Dome)  and here is my facebook page....  https://www.facebook.com/gary.hamilton.714

MeandPoncho.jpg

Ok sorry. I live in Denver and consider Broncos fans the juggalos of the NFL, so you're cool with me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think we're a season away from making this type of move. The part you haven't really considered is what message a trade like this sends not only to Allen but the rest of the team. Right now Allen is the guy that Bills are building around. There's a common goal of seeing him improve in his role and become a franchise guy. Trading for Rosen would shake the faith. You bring up Steve Walsh but that was 30 years ago. People are different now. Smarter. These kids see through the BS. If you send the message that you're giving up on one of your main building blocks before he's proven unworthy you risk cracking the foundation of the culture if you're trying to build.  

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I think we're a season away from making this type of move. The part you haven't really considered is what message a trade like this sends not only to Allen but the rest of the team. Right now Allen is the guy that Bills are building around. There's a common goal of seeing him improve in his role and become a franchise guy. Trading for Rosen would shake the faith. You bring up Steve Walsh but that was 30 years ago. People are different now. Smarter. These kids see through the BS. If you send the message that you're giving up on one of your main building blocks before he's proven unworthy you risk cracking the foundation of the culture if you're trying to build.  

I did address this in the thread...and I can agree there is some validity to this....my coutner point is that Aikman probalby didn't think it was cool for Jimmy to bring in Walsh.  Aikman didn't complain or whine about it...he competed and won.  I'd like to think that Allen, who is a professional athlete being handsomely paid...would also compete...If Allen folded up into the fetal position because Rosen arrived on the scene then Allen was never your guy to begin with probably.  

58 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I did address this in the thread...and I can agree there is some validity to this....my coutner point is that Aikman probalby didn't think it was cool for Jimmy to bring in Walsh.  Aikman didn't complain or whine about it...he competed and won.  I'd like to think that Allen, who is a professional athlete being handsomely paid...would also compete...If Allen folded up into the fetal position because Rosen arrived on the scene then Allen was never your guy to begin with probably.  

Words. Maybe stop typing them and actually THINK about what your brain is trying to tell your fingers. 

Words like supplemental draft. And second round pick.