Unpopular Take. The Bills should trade for Rosen

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Going to leave JUST ONE legitimate thought in this thread: if you seriously think the Chiefs are good enough personnel-wise, at present, to spend a 2nd on a backup because 'he's cheaper' than what you've got now in Henne...after losing Houston, Berry, and Ford from that already paper soft defense...you're in for a very sad 2019.

...it doesn't matter that he is CHEAPER...that's just a fact that goes with it....at this point...he still is considered by many to have high end POTENTIAL.  That is the point.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Going to leave JUST ONE legitimate thought in this thread: if you seriously think the Chiefs are good enough personnel-wise, at present, to spend a 2nd on a backup because 'he's cheaper' than what you've got now in Henne...after losing Houston, Berry, and Ford from that already paper soft defense...you're in for a very sad 2019.

That was my point exactly.  It was ignored, tho...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

...it doesn't matter that he is CHEAPER...that's just a fact that goes with it....at this point...he still is considered by many to have high end POTENTIAL.  That is the point.

Many?  Which 'many'?  Who out there still thinks he has high end potential after last season?

Just now, Logic said:

It is so weird to me that you continue to stick around and talk Bills football. Isn't there a good Chiefs forum somewhere?

And for your one created thread in the past several months, you chose to make a topic featuring the above bolded lines. I mean...sticking around just to troll us about our quarterback?

It seems like once the Bills traded down with the Chiefs, allowing KC to take Mahomes, you gained this vested interest in the Bills and seeing how the trade turned out for both teams. Now that the hay is in the barn and we see that Mahomes is an elite talent, you continue to want to stick around and...gloat? Chime in every now and again about how the QB WE ended up with stinks? Point out in new and different ways that the Chiefs won the trade? What do you want from us?!

I just really don't understand why you're here.

No.  There isn't. (many KC fans are extreme homers...and aren't capable of inteligent or civil discourse.)

Yes. I came here after the trade....gloat?  eh...probably some....troll....sure...but I've really enjoyed this place...lots of knowledgable passionate fans...I participate in some of the non QB threads here.  I am ROOTING for Allen.  I want the Bills to have overcome the metrics nerds and for Allen to succeed.  I like him....he's fun to watch.  He seems like a great kid.  It's been interesting to observe and discuss with many of you....

Just now, The Red King said:

Many?  Which 'many'?  Who out there still thinks he has high end potential after last season?

The Cardinals will get a 2nd for him....lots of teams still think he does.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GoBills808 said:

How's this for an unpopular take- Mahomes will never have a season like the one he just had again.

You'd probalby be right....it's only been done 3 times ever....wouldn't be likely he'll top 50 TD again.  Brady and Manning only had one 50 TD season in their careers....would be unrealistic to expect Mahomes to do it again...ever.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

No.  There isn't. (many KC fans are extreme homers...and aren't capable of inteligent or civil discourse.)

Yes. I came here after the trade....gloat?  eh...probably some....troll....sure...but I've really enjoyed this place...lots of knowledgable passionate fans...I participate in some of the non QB threads here.  I am ROOTING for Allen.  I want the Bills to have overcome the metrics nerds and for Allen to succeed.  I like him....he's fun to watch.  He seems like a great kid.  It's been interesting to observe and discuss with many of you....

The Cardinals will get a 2nd for him....lots of teams still think he does.

"Lot", "Many"...I heard three teams are interested in him.  Three incredibly desperate teams.  That is not "lot" or "many".

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

It is so weird to me that you continue to stick around and talk Bills football. Isn't there a good Chiefs forum somewhere?

And for your one created thread in the past several months, you chose to make a topic featuring the above bolded lines. I mean...sticking around just to troll us about our quarterback?

It seems like once the Bills traded down with the Chiefs, allowing KC to take Mahomes, you gained this vested interest in the Bills and seeing how the trade turned out for both teams. Now that the hay is in the barn and we see that Mahomes is an elite talent, you continue to want to stick around and...gloat? Chime in every now and again about how the QB WE ended up with stinks? Point out in new and different ways that the Chiefs won the trade? What do you want from us?!

I just really don't understand why you're here.

He was 100 percent correct about Mahomes.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

What's your point? Isn't this a Bills message board?

No, it’s a Bills board populated by Bills fans knowledgeable about the NFL and who become smarter by engaging with other Bills fans (and occasionally fans from other teams) who enjoy discussing the larger context of the NFL. If this board became a straight-up Bills board I’d flee ASAFP.

Edited by dave mcbride

1 hour ago, Zerovotlz said:

.....In 1989, Jimmy Johnson, having just drafted Troy Aikman, 1/1, used what ended up being his 1990 first round draft pick in the 1989 Supplemental draft on QB Steve Walsh from the U.  Some of you may remember Walsh was a big time college QB at the time.  Johnson, when asked why he had done this said that QB was too important to get wrong.  He needed to make sure he had one.  No one really remembers much about it because Aikman won that competition, went on to win 3 Super Bowls...and Walsh was traded to the Saints for draft picks.  ....keep that in mind....

As much as many of you have cherry picked the stats to pieces and conjured up every possible scenario to hide the blight of Josh Allens horrendous 52% completion PCT....the fact is, as exciting and athlietic as he is...Josh Allen is still a major question mark to everyone outside western New York (yes Bills fans...where you see a an ascending future MVP QB, the rest of the country sees a gifted athlete who isn't a good thrower)  

Rosen is cheap.  He can be had for a 2nd round draft pick.

While the Bills certainly still have plenty of spots to fill and could use that 2nd to do that....what if you had Rosen on hand in case Josh Allen can't get that Comp % up above 55?  What if you had the next blue chip prospect already on your roster and under contract if it turns out you've rebuilt the roster, have all this young talent ready to go, and your QB turns out to be a bust?  You wouldn't need to rebuild again...you'd have Rosen ready to go.

You might argure making such a move would damage Allens confidence.  Maybe it would...but Aikman handled Johnson drafting Walsh, manned up and won that battle.  If Allen has the fortitude he's said to posses around here...he'd compete.  

If Allen did turn out to be what you all are hoping for, Rosen would remain something of an unknown blue chip prospect that had value and could be traded for something useful next year.  

If the object of having a pro football team is to WIN...then getting QB right is worth making this kind of move.  That's why Jimmy did it.  Just something to think about....these kind of situations don't come around often.

The basic argument that Rosen can be had for cheap has merit. However, if that was the only criterion, why shouldnt Arizona keep him as insurance instead of trading him for pennies on the dollar? The obvious reason he can be had for cheap is that there can only be one Queen Bee to a hive!!

You cant have the cake and eat it too mate. Either say that Rosen is a good backup in which case Arizona should keep him rather than trade him to the Bills for peanuts. Or say, there can only be one King and that is why Arizona is going to let him go for cheap which means that the Bills (with Allen as the unquestioned king) should not acquire him even if he can be had for cheap.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

The basic argument that Rosen can be had for cheap has merit. However, if that was the only criterion, why shouldnt Arizona keep him as insurance instead of trading him for pennies on the dollar? The obvious reason he can be had for cheap is that there can only be one Queen Bee to a hive!!

You cant have the cake and eat it too mate. Either say that Rosen is a good backup in which case Arizona should keep him rather than trade him to the Bills for peanuts. Or say, there can only be one King and that is why Arizona is going to let him go for cheap which means that the Bills (with Allen as the unquestioned king) should not acquire him even if he can be had for cheap.

Best point so far in my opinion!