Unpopular Take. The Bills should trade for Rosen

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I have two things to say:

1.  For what seems the millionth time if he had two less drops a game or two less throwaways he hits this supposedly magical 60%.  So once and for all drop that nonsense.

2.  You're a Chiefs fan.  Go play on their board.

For the millionth time....if EVERY QB in the NFL had 2 less drops a game, their pct would also be higher.  ....By this theory Josh Allen has had the unusual bad luck to have been around nothing but a bunch of butterfingers catching his passes since he was 12 apparently.

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

What makes Rosen a "Blue Chip"?  Yeah that Rosen 55% is blowing Allen out the water.  

You aren't getting my point.  I am NOT arguing that Rosen is better than Allen.  I am suggesting that he is a high potential guy to have on the roster in case Allen busts....or if Allen wins out and is great, then Rosen, still having not gotten much game action, will be considered to have potential and becomes a nice trade piece.  He is the rarest of QB insuarance policies...that is what I am tyring to say.  

4 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

For the millionth time....if EVERY QB in the NFL had 2 less drops a game, their pct would also be higher.  ....By this theory Josh Allen has had the unusual bad luck to have been around nothing but a bunch of butterfingers catching his passes since he was 12 apparently.

...he certainly did last season.  I remember Clay tripping over the goal line vs. Miami.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

You aren't getting my point.  I am NOT arguing that Rosen is better than Allen.  I am suggesting that he is a high potential guy to have on the roster in case Allen busts....or if Allen wins out and is great, then Rosen, still having not gotten much game action, will be considered to have potential and becomes a nice trade piece.  He is the rarest of QB insuarance policies...that is what I am tyring to say.  

What even makes Rosen better than Barkley, who is a much cheaper back-up?

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

...he certainly did last season.  I remember Clay tripping over the goal line vs. Miami.

Not to mention our #1 option for over half a year, KB, couldn’t even crack the roster in KC. He was a healthy scratch by the end of the season if I’m not mistaken. I also remember him promptly dropping a td from mahomes right in his hands the first or 2nd week he was there when they actually were still silly enough to let him play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

.....In 1989, Jimmy Johnson, having just drafted Troy Aikman, 1/1, used what ended up being his 1990 first round draft pick in the 1989 Supplemental draft on QB Steve Walsh from the U.  Some of you may remember Walsh was a big time college QB at the time.  Johnson, when asked why he had done this said that QB was too important to get wrong.  He needed to make sure he had one.  No one really remembers much about it because Aikman won that competition, went on to win 3 Super Bowls...and Walsh was traded to the Saints for draft picks.  ....keep that in mind....

As much as many of you have cherry picked the stats to pieces and conjured up every possible scenario to hide the blight of Josh Allens horrendous 52% completion PCT....the fact is, as exciting and athlietic as he is...Josh Allen is still a major question mark to everyone outside western New York (yes Bills fans...where you see a an ascending future MVP QB, the rest of the country sees a gifted athlete who isn't a good thrower)  

Rosen is cheap.  He can be had for a 2nd round draft pick.

While the Bills certainly still have plenty of spots to fill and could use that 2nd to do that....what if you had Rosen on hand in case Josh Allen can't get that Comp % up above 55?  What if you had the next blue chip prospect already on your roster and under contract if it turns out you've rebuilt the roster, have all this young talent ready to go, and your QB turns out to be a bust?  You wouldn't need to rebuild again...you'd have Rosen ready to go.

You might argure making such a move would damage Allens confidence.  Maybe it would...but Aikman handled Johnson drafting Walsh, manned up and won that battle.  If Allen has the fortitude he's said to posses around here...he'd compete.  

If Allen did turn out to be what you all are hoping for, Rosen would remain something of an unknown blue chip prospect that had value and could be traded for something useful next year.  

If the object of having a pro football team is to WIN...then getting QB right is worth making this kind of move.  That's why Jimmy did it.  Just something to think about....these kind of situations don't come around often.

Give it up dude.

I am NOT saying or implying that Rosen is better or that is who you should have drafted.  That isn't it.  The whole idea is to have someone who isn't a washed up journeyman, on the roster, as insuarance against Allen not developing.  

Walsh was drafted by Jimmy IN CASE Aikman couldn't cut it.  It was an unusual situation that allowed Jimmy Johnson to draft/aquire TWO first round rated QB and have them on his roster at the same time....in case one busted, he had another real chance at having a guy who could get it done.  

the Bills have that same rare chance if there were to aquire Rosen.  This is NOT about who is better!  It's about maximizing your odds.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

By the same logic, every team should trade for Rosen, in case their QB gets hurt or "busts".  The Chiefs should probably trade for Rosen, too, in case Mahomes season was a mirage.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I did have this thought myself.  But I am a bitter interneter and ai dont like the boy.

1 minute ago, 17years&waiting said:

By the same logic, every team should trade for Rosen, in case their QB gets hurt or "busts".  The Chiefs should probably trade for Rosen, too, in case Mahomes season was a mirage.

I'd be ALL for it!  Mahomes could bust an ankle or shoulder in a car wreck...Rosen is cheap and can be had for a 2nd.  I'd be ALL GOOD with KC doing this.

17 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

It doesn't matter what other QBs do.  You are talking about Allen and his completion percentage.  Another genius who doesn't understand proper use of stats.

• Like (+1) 1