Eagles trade for RB Jordan Howard

4 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Fantastic trade for the Eagles. Howard is still only 24 years old and they desperately needed a RB. 

The Bears however got fleeced, it feels like they just basically gave him away. Never heard of him being a bother in the locker room so it makes me wonder why? 

Yeah, it does make you wonder why.  I thought it was because he was looking for a huge new deal, but he probably wouldn’t sit out to get it. 

21 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Fantastic trade for the Eagles. Howard is still only 24 years old and they desperately needed a RB. 

The Bears however got fleeced, it feels like they just basically gave him away. Never heard of him being a bother in the locker room so it makes me wonder why? 

He is OK, not great in the passing game.  It would seem that the Bears need his type of back to close out games.

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

He is OK, not great in the passing game.  It would seem that the Bears need his type of back to close out games.

Yeah his hands have always been iffy but he worked on that part of his game a lot to fit Nagys offense

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, it does make you wonder why.  I thought it was because he was looking for a huge new deal, but he probably wouldn’t sit out to get it. 

Is this the last year of his rookie deal? I think the Bears still could have used him especially since they have a legit sb contender instead of getting a 6th, possibly a 5th back. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Even though he is young I think he’s pretty average tbh. His YPC has dropped from 5.3 to 3.7 over three seasons. But nonetheless the eagles basically got him for nothing, good deal on their end. 

Yup, he's above average but not much more.   Easily replaceable, but still a good deal for Philly.

Bears must think they can do better in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Is this the last year of his rookie deal? I think the Bears still could have used him especially since they have a legit sb contender instead of getting a 6th, possibly a 5th back. 

Yeah, this is the last year of his rookie deal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Weird thing is that if he doesn’t fit Nagy’s offense, isn’t it pretty similar to Pederson’s where he’s going? They both came straight out of the Andy Reid OC role. 

To me - Pederson seems like a more well balanced and well rounded coach that can get play from a running back like Howard.  He has spanned and seen more schemes and can make adjustments to the scheme.

Nagy to me is more like Chan Gailey with the Bills - he has a specific offensive system and can’t adjust to other playing styles.  He wants that water bug, quick RB and did not know what to do with Howard.

They both came off the Reid tree, but Pederson was the healthier more mature branch in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep it’s a 1 year rental for 2 mill - they gave up a 5th/6th next year which is probably his round value plus the fact he’s probably leaving (but, comp pick)

Different division but they do play each other this year 

Major BrainFart, reporting for duty. 

11 hours ago, whatdrought said:

More or less than you’ll regret this post...?

Haha owning it, regretting it, and just hoping for some really competitive division bouts between the Seahawks and Jags this year...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, dneveu said:

1100 yard average, 8 TD average, and we'll say about 150-200 in the air.  And he's on a rookie contract in year 4. So he's incredibly cheap...

For a conditional 6th... Yeesh - why even trade him at that point?

In 2016 he had 252 carries for over 1300 yards, last year he had 250 carries for 900 yards and a 3.7 YPC. His YPC has dipped each season and it’s now well below the league average. Nagy decided those carries would be better used on someone else and gave Howard away for nothing. 

After watching way more Bears games than I’d like to admit, I agree with him. Howard looked pretty bad all of last season. Sluggish and not excited for contact.

With FA on the horizon I expect Howard to refocus and have a much better season in Philly. He has value in standard fantasy leagues. 

Edited by CommonCents

32 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

In 2016 he had 252 carries for over 1300 yards, last year he had 250 carries for 900 yards and a 3.7 YPC. His YPC has dipped each season and it’s now well below the league average. Nagy decided those carries would be better used on someone else and gave Howard away for nothing. 

After watching way more Bears games than I’d like to admit, I agree with him. Howard looked pretty bad all of last season. Sluggish and not excited for contact.

With FA on the horizon I expect Howard to refocus and have a much better season in Philly. He has value in standard fantasy leagues. 

Did you draft him last year? I did. :(

23 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He better up that 3.7 ypc

Three years in the league and his trend is not good.

2016-5.2ypc

2017-4.1ypc

2018-3.7ypc

That is a steep decline for a guy that is only 24 years old.

True.  But he's likely looking at his first 2 years as justification for a big new deal.

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

Yeah - he's still only 24.  I wonder what was done differently in years 1/2.  Sometimes those YPC stats get a little bloated with long rushes.  Look at Jay Ajayi year 2 - averaged 4.9 per carry.  How much of that was boosted from 3 200 yard games that all featured long runs.  

Long runs aren't always like - the RB made amazing moves.  Its often that the LB or safety did something dumb.  That bills defense in 2016... did a lot of dumb stuff ?.  

Edited by dneveu