Eagles trade for RB Jordan Howard

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He didn’t really fit their scheme. And like the Robert Quinn trade, the reason they didn’t get much is that’s his value. 

Obviously that’s his value. But man Howard is a good back and his contract is probably up next year so that’s probably it too

19 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Obviously that’s his value. But man Howard is a good back and his contract is probably up next year so that’s probably it too

Yep it’s a 1 year rental for 2 mill - they gave up a 5th/6th next year which is probably his round value plus the fact he’s probably leaving (but, comp pick)

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I'm not saying never trade in the division... but I think the Bears will regret this one. 

Different division but they do play each other this year 

And to think we were able to sign Senorise Perry as a free agent, probably for not much more than veteran minimum.  (I actually like it - a special teams ace with the speed to do some damage as a RB if he can get into the open.)

The key thing to mention is the fact that he'll soon be due for a new, expensive contract.

Paying big money for running backs is going the way of the dinosaurs. And yes, I'm aware that the Bills currently pay a lot to their running backs. I expect that to change next season.

Fantastic trade for the Eagles. Howard is still only 24 years old and they desperately needed a RB. 

The Bears however got fleeced, it feels like they just basically gave him away. Never heard of him being a bother in the locker room so it makes me wonder why?