Schiano steps down at Pats D Coord

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Possible. Certainly the case that the last actual Pats DC was Romeo Crennell. Since then whether it was Mangini or Pees or Patricia or even Flores.... it was really Belichick. 

Exactly.  He's the best DC in the NFL for many years now.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe this was all part of BBs master plan? Hire him to come in for a short time then leave, making it look like he quit on them (for a good reason so he can still look good) and now the Pat's can use this as motivation next season to win again. They can rally around the fact that a coach quit on them after just taking the job and use it to motivate, like how they used not being a favorite for like the first time in over 15 years in a game was able to motivate them by believing everyone thought they were done.......

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Man, he really pulled a fast one on old Krafty...

I hope this doesn’t rub the owner the wrong way... 

Surely he isn’t just yanking his chain...

you certainly nailed that 

Is the pulled pork sammich special(aka The Bob Kraft ) at the diner still on Friday's

Family matters and religious beliefs ..... 

20 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

“I have informed Mr. Kraft and Coach Belichick that I am stepping down from my position at the Patriots,” Schiano said. “This is not the result of any one event, but rather a realization that I need to spend more time on my faith and family. I don’t want to look back years from now and wish I had done things differently. Therefore, I am taking time away from the game to recalibrate my priorities.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/28/greg-schiano-resigns-as-patriots-defensive-coordinator/

I bet he got a tug as well...or gave one (not that there is anything wrong with that)

He found out he has to give Kraft massages.  He originally thought his contract said messages

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Rapaport: a "family situation described to me as private."

Sickness or a family crisis of some kind. Hope it works out OK for him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000001024659/Rapoport-explains-why-Schiano-is-leaving-Pats-role

My initial thought ... and still what I believe ... is that Schiano, himself, was caught doing something inappropriate - and that this has nothing to do with Handy Krafty.