Schiano steps down at Pats D Coord

4 hours ago, BmarvB said:

Maybe BB will act as his own D Coordinator

Hmmm.  Maybe he's planning on being a player coach too.  Head Coach, Defensive Coordinator and Tight End!  Don't laugh.  This could work.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Spot on.  As a fellow Buckeye, we both saw what an awful coach he was the past few years.  He would have cost them at least one game.

Urban prob just told him Clay Helton is out by week 3 and he’s got a spot on staff with his name on it for someone who will mismanage blue chip talent 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, klos63 said:

''spending more time on my faith and family' - code words for 'i did something very wrong'

My first thought when I heard the 'faith' mention was that he had a moral problem working for Kraft. 

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

My first thought when I heard the 'faith' mention was that he had a moral problem working for Kraft. 

I feel like something could be coming down and he doesn’t want it to be a reflection on belichick or the pats so he’s stepping away. it’s interesting timing with the Zach Smith podcast dropping in May, announced last night. I don’t know if/why Schiano would be on his “list” but it’s being brought up a lot today as a possibility. His twin sons are freshman at Amherst this fall too, playing football. Just odd. 

10 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I don't recall Schiano being of the most high character either, unless he 'found God' recently and sits in judgement.  If he indeed has moral concerns, how does he feel about his players engaging in premarital sex?  With or without the 'massage'!

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Please, you really wonder if someone quit a high paying job because the CEO got a tug job?

Well....if he found in the fine print of his job description......

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Are they going to give the Title to Mayo? He just signed on to be a part of the defensive staff and if BB runs the defence, and they like young guys in the position, maybe they make him the DC?

I suppose that’s possible - but has the guy ever even coached before? I know it’s BB’s scheme but seems like his guys do have some responsibility, the last 2 got hired as HCs

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Who in that organization hasn't given either Brady and Kraft or Belicheck a tugger...

Wilfork was Grimace as was his wife... Also Romeo Crennel. Also Patricia looks like a bearded Grimace

We had Charlie Weis pegged as the Grimace back when he was walking the Giants sideline behind Parcells.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I suppose that’s possible - but has the guy ever even coached before? I know it’s BB’s scheme but seems like his guys do have some responsibility, the last 2 got hired as HCs

I dont think he has, but he was talked about having a very high football IQ

And what a better way for BB to stroke his ego by giving an inexperienced former player the DC title, when it does well (because BB is actually the guy in charge) he will look like an even smarter genius for finding this 'diamond in the rough'..........

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I dont think he has, but he was talked about having a very high football IQ

And what a better way for BB to stroke his ego by giving an inexperienced former player the DC title, when it does well (because BB is actually the guy in charge) he will look like an even smarter genius for finding this 'diamond in the rough'..........

Whatever they do, i hope it implodes 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like something could be coming down and he doesn’t want it to be a reflection on belichick or the pats so he’s stepping away. it’s interesting timing with the Zach Smith podcast dropping in May, announced last night. I don’t know if/why Schiano would be on his “list” but it’s being brought up a lot today as a possibility. His twin sons are freshman at Amherst this fall too, playing football. Just odd. 

I just looked up what the Zach Smith podcast was and wow! He is bitter as all hell.

And also pretty douchey. 

Wonder if i’ll make his podcast hitlist for typing this?  lol 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Chinks in the patriot armour finally?

They dont appear to be having a great offseason

Not at all. I'm not buying the whole 49 year old android Brady and Belicheat is all you need argument. Things seems to be falling apart rather quickly.

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

DC's in name only.  Maybe Shiano got more uncomfortable with this concept.

Possible. Certainly the case that the last actual Pats DC was Romeo Crennell. Since then whether it was Mangini or Pees or Patricia or even Flores.... it was really Belichick. 

14 hours ago, klos63 said:

''spending more time on my faith and family' - code words for 'i did something very wrong'

Yeah, I had a similar thought.  I understand wanting to spend time with family but what does "spend more time on my faith" even mean?  He wants to sit around reading the Bible?  Sounds like a canned statement meant to garner empathy.

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Rapaport: a "family situation described to me as private."

Sickness or a family crisis of some kind. Hope it works out OK for him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000001024659/Rapoport-explains-why-Schiano-is-leaving-Pats-role

Yep. Schiano's family all started having stigmata appear on their foreheads. Mark of the Cheats. Schiano returned to his faith to try and get the dark marks to disappear from his loved ones. It's a private, family situation.