Schiano steps down at Pats D Coord

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

My initial thought ... and still what I believe ... is that Schiano, himself, was caught doing something inappropriate - and that this has nothing to do with Handy Krafty.

Possible, I guess. Seems likely to me that it might be a family member with a serious illness or drug or serious psychiatric issue.

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

My initial thought ... and still what I believe ... is that Schiano, himself, was caught doing something inappropriate - and that this has nothing to do with Handy Krafty.

Based on what? Just a hunch? That's a pretty big assumption.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/28/2019 at 1:30 PM, Reed83HOF said:

“I have informed Mr. Kraft and Coach Belichick that I am stepping down from my position at the Patriots,” Schiano said. “This is not the result of any one event, but rather a realization that I need to spend more time on my faith and family. I don’t want to look back years from now and wish I had done things differently. Therefore, I am taking time away from the game to recalibrate my priorities.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/28/greg-schiano-resigns-as-patriots-defensive-coordinator/

I bet he got a tug as well...or gave one (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Yeah, when someone references "Faith and Family" I'm immediately skeptical

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Based on what? Just a hunch? That's a pretty big assumption.

100% hunch.  I just feel like I've heard similar statements in the past from people who've been caught cheating on their wives.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

100% hunch.  I just feel like I've heard similar statements in the past from people who've been caught cheating on their wives.

My hunch is that it’s a blanket statement that he’s hoping won’t be challenged, but he’s decided he doesn’t want to be tied up in an NFL season that could go through Feb when college jobs open in November and they need to start recruiting ASAFP. Again, he wants to be a college HC again, that’s his goal. The alternative would be urban takes another job in November or earlier and hires him as DC which he would 100%

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mannc said:

And the best OC

And one of the best GMs. It's sick, really. What he does for the offense is find OL that can block for his scheme and Brady, and he consistently does it. Guys that wouldn't and often don't do well on other teams. Then he does that for WR and RBs, too. Especially RB. Granted, Brady is the one that makes them great with his ridiculous accuracy and decision making overall. But Bellichick finds these guys. And then the game planning, which he is ridiculous at, too. Both offense and defense. There has never never anyone like him and I hate the guy. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/28/2019 at 4:28 PM, Stevie Ray said:

wow, that didnt last long.

knows they cant win without Gronk, ;)

On 3/28/2019 at 4:30 PM, Reed83HOF said:

“I have informed Mr. Kraft and Coach Belichick that I am stepping down from my position at the Patriots,” Schiano said. “This is not the result of any one event, but rather a realization that I need to spend more time on my faith and family. I don’t want to look back years from now and wish I had done things differently. Therefore, I am taking time away from the game to recalibrate my priorities.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/28/greg-schiano-resigns-as-patriots-defensive-coordinator/

I bet he got a tug as well...or gave one (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Until he gets bored and wants back in.