Miami trading Robert Quinn to Dallas

51 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Was listening to Flores on NFL radio yesterday and he said they were not tanking.  It was hilarious.

He seems like he will flame out like other ex Pats DCs.

tenor.gif?itemid=9612213

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

The Patriots traded a 2nd round pick for an unknown? 

Not really moronic if you are looking to rebuild the roster and shed salary like the Dolphins. 

You made it seem like it was impossible for the Bills to make that trade but I just gave you an example of that same team trading a good player within the division.... to the ***** Patriots of all teams.

In 2007. And yes, Welker was an unknown. He had a 60 catch 600 yard season and was a good return man. He was also a restricted free agent.

Of course there are dumb examples out there, but the general rule is that division rival do not trade with each other often. Is this news to you? Do you have some more decade old examples?

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Ok. I got it.

The Bills has absolutely no shot trading for Quinn because the Dolphins play in the same division and obviously it's really dumb even though that same team did it years earlier to the most dominant team in the NFL.

It's set in stone. Thanks for the inside info.??

Glad I could clear that up for you ?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

?

Make it a 5th and Dolphins make that trade to us. 

?

Welker from Miami to NE.

That's only because the Cheaters were going to sign Welker, who was a 2nd round tender RFA, to an offer sheet with more money than the Dols wanted to give him, and a poison pill. 

3 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

A 6th seems pretty damn cheap.

Am I wrong?

I agree with you, actually.

He's only 28 years old and he produced 6.5 sacks last year. Not a world beater or anything, but definitely a valuable piece for a defense.

I'm surprised they couldn't get at least a 5th for him. 

Unless I'm in a salary cap pinch or there's behind the scenes stuff we're not aware of, I wouldn't trade a player of Quinn's caliber for a measly 6th round pick. What are the odds that the player you're going to get that late in the draft is even HALF as good as Quinn?

Weird move by the Phins. 

Edited by Logic
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills would have easily met that compensation. Maybe the Fins dont want to trade Quinn within the AFCE. Although, what difference does it make if you are tanking?

Still quite young at 28 - has a few years left. Wonder why he agreed to a 1-year deal.

Nicely done Fins. Acquired him for a 4th rounder (+swap of 6th rounders) and then traded him away for a future 6th rounder.

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Close.  He had 19 in 2013 but looking at the rest of his career, that was an anomaly. 

Yeah I looked up the rest of his sack totals after that and you’re right. Wonder what happened because clearly the potential is there

1 hour ago, CDogg20 said:

Yeah I looked up the rest of his sack totals after that and you’re right. Wonder what happened because clearly the potential is there

Not sure.  He might have peaked early. 

Where this actually effects us is Ansah.

saints were pushing for Quinn and I think had Ansah on the back burner. I suspect their interest will go up a bit now and it’s a bit less likely he comes to buffalo but we will see how it plays out