Miami trading Robert Quinn to Dallas

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What’s up with Demarcus Lawrence? He still holding out on that shoulder surgery that has 3-4 month rehab 

Sounds like he’s waiting on a “real offer” from Dallas as opposed to the offer dallas gave him (around 17 mill a year iirc).

considering holding out all year.  Could be interesting.  He’s a monster and I’d love to land him.  Might throw our salary cap out the window, but he and Jerry going forward would be legit 

This Draft is rife with DE / EDGE and DT talent and to trade for a player, unless the ask is minimal, does NOT make sense when the Draft is stacked in favor of a position of need. IMHO, you trade for a player when you can't get the level of player you want in FA or the Draft, like maybe LB for this Draft but you don't give away picks in a year when you'll have so many good to great ones to choose from that are younger, more team friendly contracts, and still have their premium years ahead of them. 

The exception would be a QB, but all other positions IMO, should start with this philosophy. 

58 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Didn’t Robert Quinn have 20 sacks one year? Nice piece to that defense. Glad to see him outta Miami

Close.  He had 19 in 2013 but looking at the rest of his career, that was an anomaly. 

50 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

This Draft is rife with DE / EDGE and DT talent and to trade for a player, unless the ask is minimal, does NOT make sense when the Draft is stacked in favor of a position of need. IMHO, you trade for a player when you can't get the level of player you want in FA or the Draft, like maybe LB for this Draft but you don't give away picks in a year when you'll have so many good to great ones to choose from that are younger, more team friendly contracts, and still have their premium years ahead of them. 

The exception would be a QB, but all other positions IMO, should start with this philosophy. 

Cowboys don’t have a first rounder. 

I have to think Dallas doesn’t make this move if they’re signing Lawrence long term. They are so hurt against the cap going forward I can’t see trading for a high priced rusher who is maybe half as good as Lawrence. Doesn’t Quinn have a nice contract in Miami? 

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Get as much talent out of Miami as possible. I hope their rebuild takes a long, long time.

They are either going for Tua next year or Lawrence the following year. Should be quite an interesting AFC East in a couple years (especially if Pats trade for Rosen)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

This would've been a move I'd like to see the Bills make.

They would want to trade him out of conference, which they did, not to a division rival.