Bills sign RB Senorise Perry

2 hours ago, wppete said:

After watching those highlights I’m actually pretty excited about this pick up. The kid can flat out fly. Does a good job of outrunning defenders, cutting, moving forward. 

Im actually thinking this kid is going to be more in their plans than we expected. 

3 hours ago, Trust The Process said:

Perry, 27, spent the past two seasons with the Miami Dolphins chiefly as a special teams performer. After finishing third on the Dolphins in special teams tackles in 2017, Perry led the team in special teams tackles last season and had a fumble recovery.

And there you have it.  More resources being dedicated to ST.

Wonder if they talked to Gore about him first.  Would actually surprise me if they didn't.

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Beat me on this one. 

Here is his Draft Profile. 

Strengths

Good acceleration. Flashes the ability to bounce outside and has long speed to pick up big gainers when he breaks free. Functional short receiver. Willing blocker and special-teams player with speed to contribute in the pros -- has experience covering and returning kicks. Helped himself at his pro day -- posted sub-4.4 40, 37-inch vertical jump and 6.89-second three-cone drill. Competitive, tough and hardworking.

Weaknesses

Lacks ideal bulk for the position. Average eyes and instincts. Lacks elusiveness to string moves together. Limited run strength -- not a powerful pile mover or robust tackle breaker. Average career production (shared carries). Needs to improve technique in pass protection. Could require extra reps to grasp complex concepts. 

Draft Projection

Priority free agent

Bottom Line

Fast, linear, one-cut perimeter slasher best-suited for a zone scheme. Never established himself as a feature back, though his speed and special-teams ability will give him a chance to compete for a roster spot.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/senorise-perry?id=2549938

Another CJ Spiller?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Does anyone recall the last time the Bills were this active in free agency? I feel like I'm playing Monopoly with someone who buys every property they land on.

Yeah. I thought they’d be lucky to land just a couple good FAs. Pleasantly surprised. 

This coaching staff has kept a 4th running back on the depth chart solely for special teams purposes each of the past two seasons. That's what Perry is. Shouldn't/won't stop the Bills from drafting a youngster or adding an UDFA come April.

5 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

It says something, by the way, that Perry has come to Buffalo.   It probably means the Bills learned some things about him from Gore, and it means that Perry likes having Gore as a teammate.  

I think that's a bit of a reach. I don't think teams were lined up offering him a contract.

4 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

The fact he's stuck around this long as a special team player says something. 

I do agree with this even though I previously disregarded him.

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Does anyone recall the last time the Bills were this active in free agency? I feel like I'm playing Monopoly with someone who buys every property they land on.

Yea under whaley and everyone hated that... 

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I think that's a bit of a reach. I don't think teams were lined up offering him a contract.

...don't think I'd be that quick to discount input (IF ANY) from a wily veteran like Gore....NOR...do I see McBeane taking the leap on a player's advice versus letting his staff do their due diligence as to whether the guy "fits"...staff is top notch IMO....