GMFB - Weekly (almost daily) Love - WC #1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I’ve been slacking 

Who is the 2nd guy who talks about Josh Allen?  He attributes his "hot takes" to Steve Tasker (!!!!)

"What do we expect from Josh Allen and the offense in this game?"

"We don't really know.  We've had a whole season to wait and there's no clear answer.  He gets very excited, very emotional (JJ Watt coming at him)...his head could start spinning"

Shame on you, Steve Tasker, if that's really what you said to GMFB.

? Why does Daboll say "he's very level-headed"?

I dunno, I think it has a lot more to do with the offensive line.  If they give him time like he had in Dallas, he'll be fine.  If they start getting pushed back into his lap like they did in the Eagles, Ravens and NE games, he'll struggle.  But whaddo I know

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who is the 2nd guy who talks about Josh Allen?  He attributes his "hot takes" to Steve Tasker (!!!!)

"We don't really know.  We've had a whole season to wait and there's no clear answer.  He gets very excited, very emotional (JJ Watt coming at him)...his head could start spinning"

I dunno, I think it has a lot more to do with the offensive line.  If they give him time like he had in Dallas, he'll be fine.  If they start getting pushed back into his lap like they did in the Eagles, Ravens and NE games, he'll struggle.  But whaddo I know

325ea6d3b2f3ec5056c01f854f8c5352_bigger.Peter SchragerVerified account @PSchrags

0sOfnQXm_bigger.jpgKyle BrandtVerified account @KyleBrandt

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You are talking about Kyle Brandt. He is a weekly guest on the John Murphy show with Tasker (maybe multiple times a week) and a HUGE Bills fan.  He used to be part of the XR4TI crew on the Jim Rome Show and was the guy you had to call in and talk to if you wanted to get on the air.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

You are talking about Kyle Brandt. He is a weekly guest on the John Murphy show with Tasker (maybe multiple times a week) and a HUGE Bills fan.  He used to be part of the XR4TI crew on the Jim Rome Show and was the guy you had to call in and talk to if you wanted to get on the air.

Just one second matter  

Kyle 's shown "fandom" but he's ready to throw the team under the buss at the loss of a fumble. 

3 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

General comment: thanks to posters for the GMFB vids... I don't have NFL Network so much appreciated.

I'm glad to be able to share 

15 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Just one second matter  

Kyle 's shown "fandom" but he's ready to throw the team under the buss at the loss of a fumble. 

I'm glad to be able to share 

No, he is a pretty huge fan, dude randomly tore his Achilles while wearing a Bills TShirt a few years ago:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/25/buffalo-bills-good-morning-football-kyle-brandt/

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

No, he is a pretty huge fan, dude randomly tore his Achilles while wearing a Bills TShirt a few years ago:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/25/buffalo-bills-good-morning-football-kyle-brandt/

Lets agree to disagree. 

I've seen him praise the Bills effusively one minute and in the next tweet say the other team is better and disses the Bills 

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Lets agree to disagree. 

I've seen him praise the Bills effusively one minute and in the next tweet say the other team is better and disses the Bills 

He is in the national media, so he has to do that to some degree, but listening to him on the John Murphy Show you can tell he really loves this team.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Lets agree to disagree. 

So no different than your average poster on TBD game threads. 

Hell I know I've been guilty of it. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Lets agree to disagree. 

I have seen him do that too. But so what? Saying another team is better or pointing out weaknesses does not mean he doesn't like the Bills or doesn't want them to do well. Nor does it mean he is insincere when he talks about their strengths and what he likes about them.

Everyone on this board does that. I've been a die-hard fan for 45 years and I can definitely list several teams that I think are better than the Bills right now, as any thinking person could. Doesn't mean I don't root for them. Doesn't mean that I don't think they can take any of those "better" teams down if their considerable strengths are on full display. And it's just an assessment. I could be wrong. Maybe the Bills are secretly the best team in football? Lord I hope that's true.

Anyway, I think Kyle will feel genuine joy if the Bills go on a good run in the playoffs. But he will also try to be honest about what he sees, and he will also take joy in other teams/games/moments. He's an NFL commentator after all, not a Bills commentator. I think he's been the best thing on the Murph and Tasker show all year.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He is in the national media, so he has to do that to some degree, but listening to him on the John Murphy Show you can tell he really loves this team.

On the Murphy Show it is ALL about the Bills

On GMFB it is different. 

I see GMFB and not the John Murphy Show.   AGAIN I am not saying he hasn't been a fan. Hell its part of the reason I started this thread (OK it was all about Kay, but I digress) 

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So no different than your average poster on TBD game threads. 

Hell I know I've been guilty of it. 

I hear that ? .. I heard that   lol  

6 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

I have seen him do that too. But so what? Saying another team is better or pointing out weaknesses does not mean he doesn't like the Bills or doesn't want them to do well. Nor does it mean he is insincere when he talks about their strengths and what he likes about them.

Everyone on this board does that. I've been a die-hard fan for 45 years and I can definitely list several teams that I think are better than the Bills right now, as any thinking person could. Doesn't mean I don't root for them. Doesn't mean that I don't think they can take any of those "better" teams down if their considerable strengths are on full display. And it's just an assessment. I could be wrong. Maybe the Bills are secretly the best team in football? Lord I hope that's true.

Anyway, I think Kyle will feel genuine joy if the Bills go on a good run in the playoffs. But he will also try to be honest about what he sees, and he will also take joy in other teams/games/moments. He's an NFL commentator after all, not a Bills commentator. I think he's been the best thing on the Murph and Tasker show all year.

Please read upstream.  Hell, read the entire thread.  It clarifies my stance. 

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

just look at the last page Kyle went from the Bills will win to the Pats will win. 

You're going to break the wheel! 

to 

A pick 6 by Pats*** it's over . 

Bad example. The break the wheel rant (which was beautiful) was not a prediction. It was an exhortation. A prayer. He says "I hope you do." He says, "Say it with me." I think it was 80% sincere and 20% (good) theater. I'll take that ratio.