Play Ball ⚾⚾

CowgirlsFan

Another great day at the ballpark, watching my A's beat the Red Sox again. 

I'm not sure why more teams (teams like the A's) don't do what the A's have done w/ their tickets plans. They did away w/ all season tickets this season and started a new plan: A's Access. The plan has several game options. I bought a 10 game ticket package, but can go to each and every game I don't have tickets for, for free - if I want to hang out in the outfield bar (the Treehouse) area, there are seats. With the plan, you get 50% all food, drink (beer and mixed drinks included), 25% off merchandise and only $10 parking. If I want to buy tickets to other games, they're 25% off. I normally only go to a handful of games a year, but I've already been to two on this homestand, without using any from my 10 game allotment, at no extra cost to me. Great way to get people into the park and spend money. 

image.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

I'm not sure why more teams (teams like the A's) don't do what the A's have done w/ their tickets plans. They did away w/ all season tickets this season and started a new plan: A's Access. The plan has several game options. I bought a 10 game ticket package, but can go to each and every game I don't have tickets for, for free - if I want to hang out in the outfield bar (the Treehouse) area, there are seats. With the plan, you get 50% all food, drink (beer and mixed drinks included), 25% off merchandise and only $10 parking. If I want to buy tickets to other games, they're 25% off. I normally only go to a handful of games a year, but I've already been to two on this homestand, without using any from my 10 game allotment, at no extra cost to me. Great way to get people into the park and spend money. 

image.jpeg

That sounds great, and a great way to get more people to the game. I went to a bunch of A's games in the early 90s when I lived in Berkeley. Just took BART and got super cheap seats. Had a good time.

• Like (+1) 1

Two friends who moved there simply refuse to even consider going to A’s games, safety reasons. 

—————

four times already the Jays have allowed a no-hitter to be carried against them into the 6th inning....

Edited by row_33

6 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

image.jpeg

Mets have a new subscription plan. For $39/month you can go to any game you want, standing room only. But you better have a plan to get there cheaply, parking is probably around $25.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

image.jpeg

Going to see your A's tonight for the Astros opener. This is the shirt my wife made me. 

But I've seen more and more teams go down to more reasonable concession prices. It makes sense. They're finally starting to realize that because of the price, most people= do their eating and alcohol consumption pregame. Either tailgating, or bars/restaurants near the stadium. I think @Gugny once said, if you're walking into the Ralph hungry and/or sober, you're doing it wrong.  

TakeItBack.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Going to see your A's tonight for the Astros opener. This is the shirt my wife made me. 

But I've seen more and more teams go down to more reasonable concession prices. It makes sense. They're finally starting to realize that because of the price, most people= do their eating and alcohol consumption pregame. Either tailgating, or bars/restaurants near the stadium. I think @Gugny once said, if you're walking into the Ralph hungry and/or sober, you're doing it wrong.  

"If you walk into the stadium hungry, then you're tailgating with the wrong people."

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Red Sox keep playing like this and many baseball fans will die laughing....

Speaking of the AL East...I saw Pillar was dealt.Hands down..one of the best defensive players to ever play in Buffalo.Some of his bizarre grabs are unforgettable and are still talked about.At least the Jays sent him back home.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Speaking of the AL East...I saw Pillar was dealt.Hands down..one of the best defensive players to ever play in Buffalo.Some of his bizarre grabs are unforgettable and are still talked about.At least the Jays sent him back home.

He had a good run during strong seasons here, his welcome was long worn out. He didn’t deserve the love or the hate he got here.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:36 AM, Chandler#81 said:

You know what’s sadder? A blinded by Hate wannabe who refuses to recognize the current 24 straight winning seasons and counting. 2nd All-Time to -wait for it .. the Yankees of the 1920’s. Fairly certain the red sux were Dead Last 7 of those 24 seasons. But Hey! Keep trying boston.. You’ve got spunk!

Most sports fans have no idea just how dominant the Yankees have been.     Even in the 80's when they didn't win a WS they had the best record in baseball for the decade.    24 straight winning seasons is just insane.    Everybody else has "those" years where it's just a disaster.   Not the Yankees.    Unfortunately the Mike Axisa is shutting down the amazing site river ave blues website to focus on his job at CBS........that dude is unbelievable with Yankees news and analysis.

My hate is for the Red Sox, I watch the Yankees as my only keen interest in the game as the Jays are (still) pitiful.

On a Yankees day off, like today, I'll probably watch the Cubs/Brewers game tonight.

Is Front Row Amy still at the games?

image.png.33c5f89eb16768010e442d1470b7bde8.png

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

He had a good run during strong seasons here, his welcome was long worn out. He didn’t deserve the love or the hate he got here.

Strongly disagree, his welcome was only worn out by the ones who believed that the Jay's have to deal away anyone over 25 and not named Guerrero. Pillar was one of the better defensive CFers in the game, his hitting though wasnt good most of the time.

The Jay's dealt him away because he wasnt one of the guys Shapiro/Atkins brought in, all the more evident by them immediately handing Grichuck a 52 million dollar deal hours later and replacing Pillars roster spot by trading for Socrates Brito who's only assett is speed and has hit much worse then Pillar and osnt great in the field.

37 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Strongly disagree, his welcome was only worn out by the ones who believed that the Jay's have to deal away anyone over 25 and not named Guerrero. Pillar was one of the better defensive CFers in the game, his hitting though wasnt good most of the time.

The Jay's dealt him away because he wasnt one of the guys Shapiro/Atkins brought in, all the more evident by them immediately handing Grichuck a 52 million dollar deal hours later and replacing Pillars roster spot by trading for Socrates Brito who's only assett is speed and has hit much worse then Pillar and osnt great in the field.

i hope you get 10 cents on the dollar following the Jays to this level of interest...  :D

On 3/28/2019 at 8:45 AM, Steptide said:

I absolutely hate baseball. I have friends that are die hard baseball fans, even my dad is, but I just don't know how people sit through baseball games. They are so slow and boring. I actually find it kind of interesting how many of my female friends like baseball. 

As most of the folks in this thread already know, the Dodgers are the greatest team in MLB history, but to help you gain a better appreciation for the game, I thought I'd include this clip- it involves the greatest moment in the history of the game, called by the greatest announcer in the history of the game... if this doesn't help ya understand it, I just don't know what will.  )

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

As most of the folks in this thread already know, the Dodgers are the greatest team in MLB history, but to help you gain a better appreciation for the game, I thought I'd include this clip- it involves the greatest moment in the history of the game, called by the greatest announcer in the history of the game... if this doesn't help ya understand it, I just don't know what will.  )

Scully is the play by play gold standard, Great announcer, 101% class act. 

Stinking '88 Brooklyn L.A. Dodgers never should have made it past my Mets let alone the A's.  Mets and A's were better, Dodgers beat them both.  Don't get me started on the Scioscia HR or Mickey freakin' Hatcher. It's what makes sports great.. Here's Kirk  Gibson making a great catch in the NLCS.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Stinking '88 Brooklyn L.A. Dodgers never should have made it past my Mets let alone the A's.  Mets and A's were better, Dodgers beat them both.  Don't get me started on the Scioscia HR or Mickey freakin' Hatcher. It's what makes sports great.. Here's Kirk  Gibson making a great catch in the NLCS.

You see, Steptide, this is what I'm talking about- people may 'cheer' for these 'other teams', but in their hearts they know the Dodgers are the best, most willing AND humble organization in baseball. 

And this is why baseball is such a great game.  

22 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

You are dang right- that Mets team was all border HOF, and the Dodgers had no right getting through them.  I think I still hate David Cone haha

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

You see, Steptide, this is what I'm talking about- people may 'cheer' for these 'other teams', but in their hearts they know the Dodgers are the best, most willing AND humble organization in baseball. 

And this is why baseball is such a great game.  

I appreciate your love of baseball and the Dodgers...but no and yes.

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

You are dang right- that Mets team was all border HOF, and the Dodgers had no right getting through them.  I think I still hate David Cone haha

Magical year for the Dodgers. They beat the best in both leagues with many great moments along the way.