Play Ball ⚾⚾

CowgirlsFan

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Bawstin is off to an unusually strong start this century, but they have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go.

long way to what?

talking about the Reggie days is more useless now than those in the 1970s talking about Babe Ruth

The Leafs won a lot of Stanley Cups until the game shifted in 1968, as it has in baseball with the analytical revolution.

a Yankees fan talking like this is as sad as one with a jersey with the name on the back telling us it's Ruth or Mantle

21 hours ago, Pete said:

The Patriots of MLB........

21 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Friendly reminder from the greatest sports team on the Planet. Today’s 1st pitch will be a slider for a Strike. Mo Rivera doing the honors.

A09896FF-A1FE-4904-A1F8-E17F902EAB41.jpeg

Enjoy cheering for the Patriots of MLB......

20 hours ago, row_33 said:

oh gee, the geniuses are telling me that the dome will be closed today in Toronto

yup..... probably till mid-May at the earliest....

It's always closed to start the season, I dont understand why people are so shocked by this every year expecting it to be open for the start of the season.

The roof is a fabric like material, and with Toronto being in Canada, where winters can be harsh, the roof has to be closed and sealed over the winter months, usually starting from October until pretty much May when the weather is nicer.

35 minutes ago, row_33 said:

long way to what?

talking about the Reggie days is more useless now than those in the 1970s talking about Babe Ruth

The Leafs won a lot of Stanley Cups until the game shifted in 1968, as it has in baseball with the analytical revolution.

a Yankees fan talking like this is as sad as one with a jersey with the name on the back telling us it's Ruth or Mantle

You know what’s sadder? A blinded by Hate wannabe who refuses to recognize the current 24 straight winning seasons and counting. 2nd All-Time to -wait for it .. the Yankees of the 1920’s. Fairly certain the red sux were Dead Last 7 of those 24 seasons. But Hey! Keep trying boston.. You’ve got spunk!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Whoo--hoo!! I always enjoy the first week, when the Pirates are at least within striking distance of the division lead, and I can realistically daydream about postseason glory. Then the dog days of Summer come, and with them the inevitable push by the Cards or the Brewers, or recently, the Cubs, and all hope is lost. Talk about a drought, I had to endure not only the Bills for 17 years, but the Pirates for 20. Such is my sports life. Early taste of success to suck me in (early 90's for both), and then...nothing else until deep into my 30's.    

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Whoo--hoo!! I always enjoy the first week, when the Pirates are at least within striking distance of the division lead, and I can realistically daydream about postseason glory. Then the dog days of Summer come, and with them the inevitable push by the Cards or the Brewers, or recently, the Cubs, and all hope is lost. Talk about a drought, I had to endure not only the Bills for 17 years, but the Pirates for 20. Such is my sports life. Early taste of success to suck me in (early 90's for both), and then...nothing else until deep into my 30's.    

Not just going to limit things to the Majors, NHK.  I am looking forward to again taking my father-in-law to the second Bisons home stand where it is likely that Junior will be unleashed for his last time in Buffalo.

When we went last year it was a beautiful evening with 16,000 in attendance and he hit a home run.

I love the pastoral and lazy memories this game gives me.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Got the company tickets for Astros home opener on Friday. Four rows from right field. Working an extra hour every day this week so I can leave work early for the pregrame festivities.

Although being a college baseball fan as well, the season started about a month and a half ago for me. Lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Not just going to limit things to the Majors, NHK.  I am looking forward to again taking my father-in-law to the second Bisons home stand where it is likely that Junior will be unleashed for his last time in Buffalo.

When we went last year it was a beautiful evening with 16,000 in attendance and he hit a home run.

I love the pastoral and lazy memories this game gives me.

Donuts, I believe this is the dictionary definition for a “pastime.” Truly an enjoyable experience regardless of final outcome on a warm summer’s day. Cheers! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Got the company tickets for Astros home opener on Friday. Four rows from right field. Working an extra hour every day this week so I can leave work early for the pregrame festivities.

Although being a college baseball fan as well, the season started about a month and a half ago for me. Lol.

What school(s) do you have an interest in?

I can't get into it, MLB and cricket is enough for me.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

What school(s) do you have an interest in?

I can't get into it, MLB and cricket is enough for me.

University of Houston. I get into more than the Astros. Probably because the tickets are cheap. I pay $100 a year for season tickets. And there's only 31 games per year, granted stretched over only four months. But it's not an every night commitment. 

18 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

University of Houston. I get into more than the Astros. Probably because the tickets are cheap. I pay $100 a year for season tickets. And there's only 31 games per year, granted stretched over only four months. But it's not an every night commitment. 

It's good to have a non-MLB interest in the sport, I got to see a dozen or so games of the Arkansas Travelers 20 years ago, I think they were the Cards AA team, Ricky Ankiel made a brief appearance on his way to the bigs (the first time.)

On 3/29/2019 at 5:53 AM, eball said:

Nice to see Jake deGrom start back up where he left off.

Mets looking for the sweep on the road tomorrow with deGrom. Nice start to the season so far, I like the team energy. Go Mets!!

• Like (+1) 1