Robert Foster love from PFF only 1 of 2 WRs on both Avg Depth of Target and Avg Yards per Target

Just now, RyanC883 said:

I can see Foster having a pro bow year.  Esp if thr line and running game improve.  And now je has Smoky and Beasly to draw attention from him. 

...BEST thing this youngster did was heed the McDermott warning......and good for him....brighter days ahead IMO......fast ones......

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I can see Foster having a pro bow year.  Esp if thr line and running game improve.  And now je has Smoky and Beasly to draw attention from him. 

I hope so. Im not sure why, but when people we say ' well we have Foster' that never really excited me. Maybe bc he was the 'best' of a bad bunch. Id like to see him be more than a 1 trick pony. Its a good trick, dont get me wrong, but he was essentially like a Goodwin (a burner who was faster) but he could catch (always felt that a ball was 50/50 even in Goodwins bucket). Maybe I was still a little down from early season errors. 

I dont dislike the guy and hope he excells at his role ESP of Brown happens to garner more attn outside and deep. I just am more hoping he can cement himself in a followup campagin than thinking Pro Bowl

Edited by gobills1212

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

I hope so. Im not sure why, but when people we say ' well we have Foster' that never really excited me. Maybe bc he was the 'best' of a bad bunch. Id like to see him be more than a 1 trick pony. Its a good trick, dont get me wrong, but he was essentially like a Goodwin (a burner who was faster) but he could catch (always felt that a ball was 50/50 even in Goodwins bucket). Maybe I was still a little down from early season errors. 

I dont dislike the guy and hope he excells at his role ESP of Brown happens to garner more attn outside and deep. I just am more hoping he can cement himself in a followup campagin than thinking Pro Bowl

He's not a 1-trick pony.  And he, like Josh, will have the benefit this year of being given starter's reps in the off-season and pre-season.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's not a 1-trick pony.  And he, like Josh, will have the benefit this year of being given starter's reps in the off-season and pre-season.

He may very well not be, but Im hoping (like allen) that the strides we got to watch him make over the course of long 'learning' season were the building blocks to the next level this coming season. Now that there are 'proven commodities' in the WR room (undoubtedly there will be varying opinions as to how 'proven' they be#yarr-hownisntherenopirateenoji??) Im very interested to see if he continues his ascension to be a genuine weapon or if he struggles to stay relevant and only gets deep balls on occasion as a 3rd or 4th option.  I hope its the former but we arent out of the woods yet IMO. 

Edited by gobills1212

It’s so funny to hear Murph on WGR saying the Bills need to draft a #1 WR to grow with JA...does he not realize that both Foster and Allen came into the league the same year, and are showing signs of developing into a dynamic duo? Poor Murph...

Edited by JaCrispy

28 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

He may very well not be, but Im hoping (like allen) that the strides we got to watch him make over the course of long 'learning' season were the building blocks to the next level this coming season. Now that there are 'proven commodities' in the WR room (undoubtedly there will be varying opinions as to how 'proven' they be#yarr-hownisntherenopirateenoji??) Im very interested to see if he continues his ascension to be a genuine weapon or if he struggles to stay relevant and only gets deep balls on occasion as a 3rd or 4th option.  I hope its the former but we arent out of the woods yet IMO. 

I see the Brown and Foster starting outside a 1a and 1b and Beasley in the slot.  Foster has the added advantage of being in the system for a year and having developed a chemistry with Josh so I don't think he'll struggle to stay relevant.

2 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

He was more than a one trick pony.  Watch the tape.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I see the Brown and Foster starting outside a 1a and 1b and Beasley in the slot.  Foster has the added advantage of being in the system for a year and having developed a chemistry with Josh so I don't think he'll struggle to stay relevant.

We will see - and thats part of the fun- theres no way to know. IMO just another aspect to a potentially reallt exciting year. Progress as a whole would be fun to watch and theyve finally been patient, have added the tools, and have taken steps where they could be a really good team on the rise. Personally, outside of a few pundits i dont think the Bills have been given a ton of credit. Other fans bases and some national as well still seem to think theyll be a doormat with a poor young qb. I think if all goes right this team could be a pleasant suprise. That said, Rex won himself an offseason too so we wont know until the bullets start flying how it shakes out. The Foster question is an excellent representation of the team as a whole imo. It could go really well, it could go bad, and it could be simply the next step to becoming a competitive football team.