UB Nate Oats leaving to go to Alabama

Reed83HOF

3 hours ago, Gordio said:

Gonzaga was a cute story actually well over two decades ago.  & I get it, you got to start somewhere, but....they are a national power & have been for the past 15 years.  I can't ever see UB getting to that point.  

Get out of the MAC would be a start. Find a way into one one of the High Major's; A10 or Big East and see where that takes them. They've already lost one of their commitments due to Oats leaving, another wavering. 

17 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

Get out of the MAC would be a start. Find a way into one one of the High Major's; A10 or Big East and see where that takes them. They've already lost one of their commitments due to Oats leaving, another wavering. 

If you are suggesting that UB would have more success by moving out of the MAC and into A10 or Big East and would be as or more competitive - head slap.

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBud said:

If you are suggesting that UB would have more success by moving out of the MAC and into A10 or Big East and would be as or more competitive - head slap.

They can't join the A-10 or Big East, even if they drop football. Those conferences are all small private schools. UB is a major state university. It's pretty much AAC or nothing.

Meanwhile the rats are jumping ship...

1 hour ago, 707BillsFan said:

They've already lost one of their commitments due to Oats leaving, another wavering. 

That happens everywhere.      It happened when Hurley left, and Nate was able to overcome it....

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/aurora-beacon-news/sports/ct-abn-basketball-nate-navigato-st-0426-20150424-story.html

https://www.ubbullrun.com/2015/4/24/8465005/buffalo-points-guard-shannon-evans-will-transfer-to-bobby-hurley-at

As I said, Nate was able to overcome it....

https://big4talk.wordpress.com/2015/05/08/cj-massinburg-set-for-official-visit-to-buffalo/

Edited by Lurker

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Dre Allen a highly touted recruit has now asked for his release from UB.  The Bulls lived the dream. Now they are just going back to being another mid major school like all the rest

He is hardly a highly touted recruit

He is a 2* JUCO player who is nationally unranked... they will live 

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They can't join the A-10 or Big East, even if they drop football. Those conferences are all small private schools. UB is a major state university. It's pretty much AAC or nothing.

UMass, Rhody, VCU and George Mason would beg to differ 

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

None are FBS football schools. We just built a indoor football facility. Do we turn it into an indoor flea market?

UMass is.............You  might as well do that - because you seem to like to move the goal posts!  ?

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

AAC is the spot that they need to get to. 

And, I think UMass will eventually go there, too. 

8 minutes ago, bbb said:

UMass is.............You  might as well do that - because you seem to like to move the goal posts!  ?

UMass and UB would be reasonable replacements for Houston and UCF. I mean you really can't replace those school's media markets (they're huge)  but UMass and Buffalo offer the largest markets that will be floating around, looking to move up.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

33 minutes ago, bbb said:

UMass has been crap for a long time.  Which is excellent.....I ***** hate them almost as much as Temple.

Go Rhody!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

UMass and UB would be reasonable replacements for Houston and UCF. I mean you really can't replace those school's media markets (they're huge)  but UMass and Buffalo offer the largest markets that will be floating around, looking to move up.

Are Houston and UCF rumored to be moving?

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

hey @PromoTheRobot, you need to get involved here.  

Yeaaaaaaah...my donation level and the Murchie's is very similar. Only 4-5 zeros difference.

6 hours ago, bbb said:

Are Houston and UCF rumored to be moving?

A while back there were rumblings that the next Big 12 expansion would target Houston for sure, and maybe UCF.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Houston and UCF? Maybe. But who else? And UB beat Temple in Football last year. 

Memphis, SMU, Cincinnati,South Florida, Tulane. Basketball you can add Witchita State, Temple 

2 hours ago, noacls said:

Memphis, SMU, Cincinnati,South Florida, Tulane. Basketball you can add Witchita State, Temple 

I'm betting you've never seen UB play this year. They were a deep, deep team. They didn't win 34 games playing cupcakes.

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm betting you've never seen UB play this year. They were a deep, deep team. They didn't win 34 games playing cupcakes.

Wrong I watched them quite a bit.. I was talking  more about football. However there is no way UB basketball is competing with top tier AAC basketball squads. Everytime they face length and athleticism it does not turn out well.