Which RB are we spending an early round pick on?

Pete

59 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

None. Shady is the RB in 2019 and 2020. He will be extended before season starts when they see hiw good he looks behind new and improved line.  There is no need go draft a rb this year.

Good Lord, I hope Beane does not believe this.  McCoy was absolutely awful in 2018.  I'm sure he'll get a chance to prove otherwise this year, but it looks to me like he is done.  I can't foresee any circumstance in which he's on the roster in 2020.   

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

I see no scenario where we draft a RB in "early" rounds.  We're all excited about the free agent acquisitions and we should be.  However we're still void of disruptive top end talent and we need this draft to get that.  

I also can't imagine any correlation between Ivory's release and that means early RB.  If anything Gore seems to suggest we'll groom a mid round pick or once we've built the team a bit more, look at one in the draft next year. 

agree WL......and I'm hesitant about the Love kid.....seems to be sliding based on injuries, size and durability questions......not sure he's worth the risk in the 3rd or >........sure we gambled on Thurmal in the 2nd coming off a knee injury (STILL chuckle about Barry Sanders being his "backup" at OSU) and hit a grand slam....BUT.......

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I want a RB who can pick up the blitz, run a wheel route, or score from anywhere.  Give me a RB who checks all 3

Mike Weber from ohio st. Fits that bill might not have pure home run speed though. We should be able to get him in the 3rd -4th round.

Edited by ChattanoogaBills

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

Me personally, I would like Benny Snell in the 4th round.

He is a downhill runner that this offense needs.

I like him as well. No nonsense between the tackles type runner with good patience. Uses his blockers exceptionally well.

If the Bills keep most of, if not all, of their picks, they will almost certainly draft a RB at some point.

And I also think the UDFA pool of RB's is going to be deep this year.

The Bills brought 4 UDFA's last year who they like and can play (Foster, Love, Wallace, Boettger). That is unheard of.

So, maybe they can also find an UDFA RB who can play.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Releasing Ivory leads me to believe that the Bills will use a high draft pick on RB.  That RB will help out Josh, and probably be the 3rd down back. My guess is Beane will wait and see which player slides to 9, if a high grade player is not available, he will trade down.  And after trade down, all bets are off on first pick, and that very well could be RB.  Could our first pick be Devin Singletary or Josh Jacobs?  Where do you see the Bills drafting a RB?  Whom?

Not Singletary with his 4.7 40.  Note that I didn’t say he can’t play, but he is small, not fast and played at a low level of competition.  I can’t see how he could go before the 3rd and he may be available later.  Again, it’s not that I don’t like him because I do, but his lack of size, speed and low level of competition likely pushes his draft stock down.

6 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Why all the love for Love?  He's small and injury prone.  I'd go elsewhere.

Love reminds me of Onterrio Smith in the sense that he was really productive in the PAC 12 but doesn't project well as an NFL RB. He'll probably get overdrafted. I would hate to see the Bills as the team that reaches for a guy who likely won't cut it in the NFL. He's a big college name who's best days will almost certainly be at Stanford.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I love using one of our many day 2 and 3 picks on Bryce Love.  We would get him on sale, because his injury.  And he will be ready by the playoffs to provide a boost

Many day 3 picks.  They only have 2 picks on day 2 - 1 each in 2nd and 3rd.

28 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Why all the love for Love?  He's small and injury prone.  I'd go elsewhere.

I'm going to with people have heard of him. Plus he was productive when healthy.

Gotta take someone with a future. Only RB on our roster signed past this year is Ford from our PS last year*.  That said, I don’t want a premium pick spent on one. 

*Oh, right. He played late in the season when McCoy got hurt. 

Edited by BarleyNY

5 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

The best answer is that we don't... 

CJ Spiller

Marshawn Lynch

Willis Mcgahee

Travis Henry

Antowain Smith

Lather, rinse, repeat, and finish 7-9

None of them had a good QB. Just saying