Which RB are we spending an early round pick on?

Pete

6 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

A lot of the mocks I've run simulations on have Snell going 4th or 5th. We have the ammo. He was very productive, and besides being solid in the run, he was an excellent screen / receiving threat. I'm down with this.

Snell, yeah!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Buffalo does need a RB, but not necessarily in the early rounds.

Alex Barnes, Kansas State (disclaimer I am a KSU homer).

Dude is a powerful running back that can catch out of the backfield.

Can probably get him in the 5-7 rounds.

13 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

A lot of the mocks I've run simulations on have Snell going 4th or 5th. We have the ammo. He was very productive, and besides being solid in the run, he was an excellent screen / receiving threat. I'm down with this.

Man I like Snell too.  He had a huge amount of carries at KY.  Used in and is great at pass protection.  Really not used in KY passing game as only 29 receptions in 3 years. 

Per scouting reports real questions if he can separate in passing game in pros and beat second level in running game given limited physical skills (bad 40 time, vertical at combine).  Not an overly explosive player.

See him being a late round (6 or 7) pickup at this point with bad combine and receiving skills being questioned.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/benny-snell

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, freddyjj said:

Man I like Snell too.  He had a huge amount of carries at KY.  Used in and is great at pass protection.  Really not used in KY passing game as only 29 receptions in 3 years. 

Per scouting reports real questions if he can separate in passing game in pros and beat second level in running game given limited physical skills (bad 40 time, vertical at combine).  Not an overly explosive player.

See him being a late round (6 or 7) pickup at this point with bad combine and receiving skills being questioned.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/benny-snell

I want a RB who can pick up the blitz, run a wheel route, or score from anywhere.  Give me a RB who checks all 3

I think there are going to be a lot of quality running backs and wide receivers available from the 4th or 5th round on. There will be a rush to take interior O linemen and edge rushers because there just arent that many of them. That will push categories that have numbers, like WR and RB, back. RB has been devalued some too and, other than Jacobs from Alabama, I dont see a big push for any of the rest.

Very respectfully to all I've believed for the last few years that you draft your starting RB when you need a new starting RB, because the thing is you don't have to groom a RB like you do with QB, WR, TE, or OL.

If you get one in the later rounds and they take over the job, great.

However, right now I am fine with Shady and Gore.  I think combined they should be able to get 1,600-1,760 rushing yards for the season which should be fine (throw in another 400 + for Allen which is not unreasonable).  If the combination of the two, and then somebody you get in the 4 round or beyond, doesn't work, then you have a priority to get a RB next year.

I just don't believe you have to get the kid ready.   

54 minutes ago, VirginiaMike said:

I'd love to see Bryce Love on this team.  He wil slip to at least the 3rd round.  I'd hold off and take a chance on catching him in round 4.  He's coming off knee surgery so if he's not ready to start the season. that's OK because he can soak up alot of knowledge from Gore and Shady.

I'd grab him in there third. He might be still available in the 4th but I be afraid to risk it. 

None. Shady is the RB in 2019 and 2020. He will be extended before season starts when they see hiw good he looks behind new and improved line.  There is no need go draft a rb this year. They need multiple defensive lineman, a TE or two, a LB or two, and probably still a WR.

I would go so far as saying I would rather they take a QB in the mid rounds before a RB.

If the line is significantly improved and Shady continues to regress (as some on this board believe ) then they can draft a RB early in 2020. RB is the easiest position to succeed instantly. 

I would change my mind and add a RB in the mid rounds if the get rid of DeMarco. They would then need to add a RB to carry at least 4.

I'm hoping for Wes Hills out of Slippery Rock in the 5th. 6' 2" , 218 with 40 times clocked between 4.4 and 4.5.

I do not love the idea of taking a RB anytime before the 3rd round this year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000001013545/Wes-Hills-cuts-back-for-impressive-20-yard-run

Edited by DisplacedBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

I do not love the idea of taking a RB anytime before the 3rd round this year.

Agreed.  They can develop a guy knowing that next year they will need a new Thunder/Lightning duo.  Will grab the missing one higher next year my guess