Which RB are we spending an early round pick on?

Pete

Releasing Ivory leads me to believe that the Bills will use a high draft pick on RB.  That RB will help out Josh, and probably be the 3rd down back. My guess is Beane will wait and see which player slides to 9, if a high grade player is not available, he will trade down.  And after trade down, all bets are off on first pick, and that very well could be RB.  Could our first pick be Devin Singletary or Josh Jacobs?  Where do you see the Bills drafting a RB?  Whom?

• Like (+1) 1

If by early you mean rounds 1 or 2, I'm not taking a RB. If you say Miles Sanders in the 3rd, I could live with that. If you say Rodney Anderson in the 4th or 5th, I can live with that too. I'm not spending a day one pick on a RB. Not gonna happen

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

If by early you mean rounds 1 or 2, I'm not taking a RB. If you say Miles Sanders in the 3rd, I could live with that. If you say Rodney Anderson in the 4th or 5th, I can live with that too. I'm not spending a day one pick on a RB. Not gonna happen

Again, if we trade back, I could see it being a possibility if there's a good talent on board. Look at Michel. 1st rd. pick for the Pats. The dude's a beast, and the reason the Pats moved the chains when Brady turned into Father Time at the end of the season. 

Just now, Clyde Smith said:

Justice Hill or Bryce Love in later rounds.

I love using one of our many day 2 and 3 picks on Bryce Love.  We would get him on sale, because his injury.  And he will be ready by the playoffs to provide a boost

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'd love to see Bryce Love on this team.  He wil slip to at least the 3rd round.  I'd hold off and take a chance on catching him in round 4.  He's coming off knee surgery so if he's not ready to start the season. that's OK because he can soak up alot of knowledge from Gore and Shady.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I see no scenario where we draft a RB in "early" rounds.  We're all excited about the free agent acquisitions and we should be.  However we're still void of disruptive top end talent and we need this draft to get that.  

I also can't imagine any correlation between Ivory's release and that means early RB.  If anything Gore seems to suggest we'll groom a mid round pick or once we've built the team a bit more, look at one in the draft next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Releasing Ivory leads me to believe that the Bills will use a high draft pick on RB.  That RB will help out Josh, and probably be the 3rd down back. My guess is Beane will wait and see which player slides to 9, if a high grade player is not available, he will trade down.  And after trade down, all bets are off on first pick, and that very well could be RB.  Could our first pick be Devin Singletary or Josh Jacobs?  Where do you see the Bills drafting a RB?  Whom?

I dont think there is much chance we will take a RB in round 1.  I agree, all bets are off, but I just don't see any scenario where BPA on Beane's board with be a RB in the first round.  So much DL, WR, TE, OL talent there when we trade down that I just don't see it.  Especially after Jacobs ran so slow.  Now had Jacobs ran fast, then I think it may have had a bit more possibility.

But I do think we will take a guy in the first 4 rounds with rounds 3 or 4 being the most likely.  I think Love, Henderson, Snell, Singletary, etc are all in play there.  

If Jacobs slips to the 2nd round though, then maybe Beane goes for RB earlier and takes him.  But I think there are some other players in the 2nd that will be higher on the board like Ximines, Irv/Fant, Simmons, Tillery, several WR's, Risner and other OL guys that would make more sense with then us coming back and getting a RB with one of our next 3 picks overs round 3 and 4.  

TBH, I would be pretty surprised to see a RB taken before round 3.  I wont be upset, just think this draft is deep in RB in rounds 3, 4, and even 5 this year.  And just don't see enough separation in them to point at one and say he is a must get guy in rounds 1 or 2.

• Like (+1) 6

12 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Again, if we trade back, I could see it being a possibility if there's a good talent on board. Look at Michel. 1st rd. pick for the Pats. The dude's a beast, and the reason the Pats moved the chains when Brady turned into Father Time at the end of the season. 

Phillip Lindsay moved an awful lot of chains too. 

21 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Why this year? If one they like isn't there, maybe they go with Shady and Gore and draft one next year.

Continually.  Shady is 31 and in last year of contract.  Gore is 35 on a 1 year deal.  It would behoove to Bills to add a future #1 RB now, and give them a year to grow with Josh(and learn from Shady and Gore).  IMO the Bills select RB no later than round 3.  If Oliver, Wilkins, Gary, Bosa, Allen, White, Hock are gone by 9, I am almost certain Bills trade down.  And if Josh Jacobs of Singletary are available after trade down, I would not be surprised if first pick was RB.

Edited by Pete

46 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Me personally, I would like Benny Snell in the 4th round.

He is a downhill runner that this offense needs.

A lot of the mocks I've run simulations on have Snell going 4th or 5th. We have the ammo. He was very productive, and besides being solid in the run, he was an excellent screen / receiving threat. I'm down with this.

23 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Why this year? If one they like isn't there, maybe they go with Shady and Gore and draft one next year.

The team has gone too long without drafting a RB.  IIRC, the last RB taken was Jonathan Williams.  I can almost guarantee Beane will draft at least one this year.