Extending current players: Poyer/Hughes?

Who should be extended in 2019?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills extend with new contracts?

Much like the situation with Lawson, Beane is not too concerned with Hughes and a potential new contract moving forward.

"Jerry is a guy that we like and respect," Beane said. "He's kind of a veteran now that Kyle is gone. He's probably the elder statesman of our [defensive line], so Jerry's a guy we like. That', more than likely, something that probably after the draft. Right now, our 100-percent focus is pretty much there."

Looks like Hughes gets an extension after the draft.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills should be looking at extensions for some of their current players in addition to FA acquisitions. Right now there are only two who are eligible and arguably deserving. They have the space to do it. Many believe Poyer has out performed his current contract he sighed when he came here in 2017. Neither player was signed by Beane, but McD was here when Poyer was signed.

Poyer will be 28 next month. He’s 2 years into a 4 year 13 mill deal. 6 mill gtd. UFA 2021. I could see him hold out for a bigger deal. That’s peanuts for a decent starting safety. 

Hughes  is 30 but still arguably the best player on the Bills defense and appears to take care of himself. Unless the Bills pick up Shaq’s 5th year option, they would have no DEs under contract for next year if they let Hughes play it out. Going into last year of his deal. 5 yr/45 mill with 22 mill gtd. 

Which players do you think should he extended? 

...BOTH....they're proven, integral parts in this defense and keepers......continuity in keeping your own good ones makes sense to me.....and we have the $$$ available.....

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...BOTH....they're proven, integral parts in this defense and keepers......continuity in keeping your own good ones makes sense to me.....and we have the $$$ available.....

If Poyer is anywhere near $10 million a season...buh bye