Rochester mayor to announce 6th round pick

Steve O

48 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Leteashia(no clue if I spelled that right) astashio (no idea if I spelled that right either) is a better choice than lovely Warren 

The Judge was relieved to hear that 1919 season was 1 year before Prohibition.  And then she ruled to reinstate beer sales after half time!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Interesting yet I'm not from that area.

Could she have played any part in making Training Camp so successful there?

She played zero part in all of that. It was before her time in office. 

Just now, frostbitmic said:

No ... Hate to say it but I think Russ Brandon deserves the credit for training camp at SJF.

This. 

4 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

She's a terrible Mayor, who's basically racially divided the city of Rochester. Yeah, what an excellent choice. Would rather have Russ Brandon announce it

image.jpeg.3b6028ddad4b99438c48118ba1a0db86.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

They played their last game 94 years ago.  Might be tough to track down founders/players relatives who would have any meaningful connection to that team....

Pretty sure Mortimer "8 Toes" Pratchett fullback during the '24 season is alive and frozen under the face off circle at the old War Memorial.  Thaw out his bones!!

35 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Pretty sure Mortimer "8 Toes" Pratchett fullback during the '24 season is alive and frozen under the face off circle at the old War Memorial.  Thaw out his bones!!

And put him on the Bills RB roster.  He would be a great mentor for Gore and especially for McCoy.

8 hours ago, Steve O said:

As part of the NFL's 100th anniversary celebration, the league is recognizing "Original Towns." Lovely Warren will take the stage along with a player or NFL alumni to announce the 6th round pick. Article in this morning's D&C. The Rochester Jeffersons were one of the 14 original NFL teams in 1920 and played from 1920-1925. Guess this is one of those cases where I'll need to respect the office if not the person.

Terrible mayor. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Terrible mayor. 

Thus the reason I'll try and respect the office. Doesn't sound like many on the thread are willing to make that concession, which I totally understand. 

8 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

I want football and politics separate.  Get enough politics in other areas of life.

She's a mayor doing some ceremonial nonsense. It's only political if you choose to view such trivialities through that prism.