Rochester mayor to announce 6th round pick

Steve O

1 hour ago, Yobogoya! said:

Puke. 

Couldn't they have tracked down someone related to whoever owned/played on that team? What the hell does our crappy mayor in 2019 have to do with a team from a hundred years ago?

I know nothing about Rochester politics, but that aside, this is a tremendous point and a very sadly lost opportunity to recognize one of the founders of the League.

Shame.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I know nothing about Rochester politics, but that aside, this is a tremendous point and a very sadly lost opportunity to recognize one of the founders of the League.

Shame.

They played their last game 94 years ago.  Might be tough to track down founders/players relatives who would have any meaningful connection to that team....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

They played their last game 94 years ago.  Might be tough to track down founders/players relatives who would have any meaningful connection to that team....

I absolutely hear ya, WEO.  I was commenting on the post, but was more so thinking about a child or grandchild of the owner or a child or grandchild of someone associated with the team.

As you stated that still may even be hard, but I should have clarified that in my post.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Romie said:

I hope it's a white guy, just to get her racist blood boiling.

well there's the foundation of a juicy new thread....who should the bills pick at the spot unlovely announces? that'd be awesome.

please dear God let him be a trump supporter so we can watch an epic meltdown.....lol

Edited by billsredneck1

8 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

They should have Rochester native and former Bears kicker Bob Thomas announce the pick (if he can get time off from his day job as Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_R._Thomas

A former Chicago Bear announcing a Bills pick, serioulsy?  Just because he is from Rochester?  

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

When did that happen?  When we had that terror threat?

Correction ... this past New Year's Eve. 

Space time continuum alters at age 67.

It was officially cancelled for high winds, but she originally mealy mouthed & cancelled it 2 weeks before until 2 Rochester residents (Om and Swadesh Popli ) offered to pay for it.

I'll vote at least once for anyone from any party that goes against her.

48 minutes ago, Dat said:

I hope she stumbles on her words and i hear something i can claim is a racial slur so I can get her fired like she did to the local weatherman.

for those who do not know....this actually happened. one of the most racist things i've ever seen happen. it was pathetic.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Hopefully we trade our 6th and 7th round picks 

This would be awesome- especially if we could wait till day three and trade them that day- i no longer live in Rochester area but no one i speak with likes her at all and several voted for her originally.