Rochester mayor to announce 6th round pick

Steve O

As part of the NFL's 100th anniversary celebration, the league is recognizing "Original Towns." Lovely Warren will take the stage along with a player or NFL alumni to announce the 6th round pick. Article in this morning's D&C. The Rochester Jeffersons were one of the 14 original NFL teams in 1920 and played from 1920-1925. Guess this is one of those cases where I'll need to respect the office if not the person.

she's just awful.  when i heard this my skin crawled.  i don't like her as the mayor of my city, and i don't want her to have anything to do with my team.

10 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

She's a terrible Mayor, who's basically racially divided the city of Rochester. Yeah, what an excellent choice. Would rather have Russ Brandon announce it

and she's done it to promote her own career.

Edited by teef
poop grammar.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Anybody remember when Roger Staubach got booed in Dallas when the Cowboys made their pick thinking "Roger -" initially meant Roger Goodell? 

It was awesome. Cowboys fans booed Roger Staubach

9 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I want football and politics separate.  Get enough politics in other areas of life.

Pegula going for Brownie points I guess.

I didn't know your mayor was so unpopular.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

46 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I want football and politics separate.  Get enough politics in other areas of life.

There was a time when having a Mayor do something like this wasn't mixing politics and sports. The mayor was just a representative of the city.  

She is such a polarizing figure though. It just can't be done with her. 

59 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Puke. 

Couldn't they have tracked down someone related to whoever owned/played on that team? What the hell does our crappy mayor in 2019 have to do with a team from a hundred years ago?

LOL....