New Stadium Talk as of owner’s meetings

Lot's of "Friday Night" posts.

I think those of us in the new stadium crowd understand that NEF is "historic" for Bills fans. It's not some landmark that out of towners are gonna demand to see.

Based on the nostalgia angle, no team would ever build a new stadium. I get it. People love the stadium and have incredible memories in OP. But the benefit of a new stadium in Buffalo would outweigh nostalgia. Even minor things like the altered skyline would be a good thing for the city. I have no doubt that Pegs WILL build a new stadium, so it's probably best to get on board.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Wtf is your issue? I don't want a domed stadium downtown. You do. You fasley accuse me of being 24( I wish). Who cares? Go away

K pal

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

In the meantime, if you need me to load your smoker, grill and a few coolers in my vehicle, just let me know.  I got you, bro.

Rofl

54 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

K Mr Ags

I think I’ll stay 

• Haha (+1) 1

I do not ever see a downtown stadium to be doable

Too much traffic , congestion , not enough outlets

Leave it in the burbs

16 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

My dad could beat up your dad 

I doubt that my dad was a biker! ? Lmaooo

The ultimate pissing contest!

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I do not ever see a downtown stadium to be doable

Too much traffic , congestion , not enough outlets

Leave it in the burbs

I doubt that my dad was a biker! ? Lmaooo

The ultimate pissing contest!

How do other bigger cities with downtown stadiums do it? And you do know that there are backups leaving Orchard Park too?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I have thought for a long time that in order to get government money to help build whatever Pegula is going to do, it would need to be for a multi-use domed venue in Buffalo somewhere.  Rehabbing New Era just won't provide enough tax revenue to justify the investment.  If they build a new stadium downtown it will spur additional economic investment in the area and generate more revenue for everyone.

Whether that is the best solution from a fan experience or a Bill's tradition point of view I think is irrelevant.  If investors (including government) are going to pony up 100's of millions of dollars, they are going to expect some serious return on their investment.  Adding on to New Era stadium in Orchard Park that will be used 10 times a year with no surrounding economic development was never going to be the answer.

At the end of the day, there is simply more money to be made with a new downtown, domed, multi-use stadium.  Not saying it's good or bad, it's just the way it is.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How do other bigger cities with downtown stadiums do it?

They have better grid systems I would suppose

Buffalo was designed with a European street system by the elicott brothers, with a radical street system unlike most cities in America

It was designed to be accessed easily through park systems and walking and biking etc a beautifully designed city

But not for traffic

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Buffalo doesn't need to add itself to a list that includes San Diego, Saint Louis and Oakland

Yes Saint Louis who built the stadium for the team and then they left when the team found a sweetheart deal..

I think the Pegulas are committed to Buffalo but up to a point ... If they install a new downtown stadium with PSLs and restrictions on tailgating like the baby sit lot it is possible that sales will go down a lot with most of those buying official ticket sellers who sell to opposing fans.  With ticket sales and merchandise sales down how long past lease escape clause will they stay?

This is as realistic as the pie in the sky scenarios some are calling downtown stadium. "Try it you may like it. Mikey likes it".

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I have thought for a long time that in order to get government money to help build whatever Pegula is going to do, it would need to be for a multi-use domed venue in Buffalo somewhere.  Rehabbing New Era just won't provide enough tax revenue to justify the investment.  If they build a new stadium downtown it will spur additional economic investment in the area and generate more revenue for everyone.

Whether that is the best solution from a fan experience or a Bill's tradition point of view I think is irrelevant.  If investors (including government) are going to pony up 100's of millions of dollars, they are going to expect some serious return on their investment.  Adding on to New Era stadium in Orchard Park that will be used 10 times a year with no surrounding economic development was never going to be the answer.

At the end of the day, there is simply more money to be made with a new downtown, domed, multi-use stadium.  Not saying it's good or bad, it's just the way it is.

How much funding does Buffalo provide now?

Erie County does funding and IF stadium is moved downtown Erie County will not be pitching in much.

The problem here many of the suburb tax payers do not see funding Buffalo as a priority.

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Watch the west side, A in the know poster said it b4 he was banned because he knew the location

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes Saint Louis who built the stadium for the team and then they left when the team found a sweetheart deal..

I think the Pegulas are committed to Buffalo but up to a point ... If they install a new downtown stadium with PSLs and restrictions on tailgating like the baby sit lot it is possible that sales will go down a lot with most of those buying official ticket sellers who sell to opposing fans.  With ticket sales and merchandise sales down how long past lease escape clause will they stay?

This is as realistic as the pie in the sky scenarios some are calling downtown stadium. "Try it you may like it. Mikey likes it".

Pegulas are multi billionaires that love sports and particularly love sports in Buffalo. Traditional logic doesn’t apply. And as Bills fans, we’re very fortunate for that. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well this is an anti-stadium take...

Let's keep old stuff because....

Folks it's time to move on from Rich/Ralph/New Era.

As a Rochestarian, I say grab the money.

Rochester is a 1+ million metro that can not attract major acts because of it's antiquated arena.

The War  Memorial/ Blue Cross arena is cooked as a major attraction location.

As jealous as I would be to see a new $1b arena in Buffalo, I want the Buffalo Bills to have the best facilities possible.

21 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

How much funding does Buffalo provide now?

Erie County does funding and IF stadium is moved downtown Erie County will not be pitching in much.

The problem here many of the suburb tax payers do not see funding Buffalo as a priority.

I just don't see anyone, or any combination or entities, dropping $500 MM plus on a venue that will be used at most 12 times a year.  I just don't think it's feasible.

Time will tell.

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

My dad could beat up your dad 

What's your dad's weight class? I think my dad could take yours.

He's a young 60.

1 minute ago, mrags said:

K pal

I've been in and out this thread. What the hell did you do? 

How does stadium talk evolve into scumbaggery lol?