New Stadium Talk as of owner’s meetings

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Ohhh yes it does. The Pegulas pay *nothing* for the current facility. They would have to amortize another $1.5 BILLION otherwise. Show me your numbers on how that benefits Buffalo fans, and the Pegulas

No they wouldn’t. They are looking at $500M (private) and we have $150M with naming rights alone. They can generate another $100M in PSL’s (easily). That’s leaves $250M private (without a concession deal). Call the concession deal another $100M. That leaves $150M. That stadium can EASILY yield an additional $25M a year. This is clear as day (which is why everyone is pushing it). 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

My guess is similar. Except I think the Pegulas along with help of anyone with money looking to get in on the ground floor (Rich, Golisano, Jacobs, Kelly group, Any other development group) they will fully fund the stadium and hotels/restaurants/shopping  in and around the stadium. 

I believe they will fund the stadium completely. Except with the expectation on the City, County, State, Fed, to fund and completely update the infrastructure in and around the city. 

Additional subway stops that go all the way to the airport, galleria mall area, UB North Campus, and a half a dozen others. Updated highways with multiple routes in and out of the city. Etc. 

Ain’t going to happen. No one else is doing that anymore (especially in similar markets). The Pegula’s are asking for half (and will get it). 

Sadly disappointing? Explain. Enlighten me regarding Kirby's omniscience

.......?

I do have a master’s degree in sports management and worked closely on a lease deal for an NBA team with the state and the league. I am not an idiot on the topic. ??‍♂️

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Sure. Change the subject. You are weak.

Sadly disappointing? Explain. Enlighten me regarding Kirby's omniscience

.......?

I don’t like pettiness, but that was offensive, ignorant and inappropriate. You asked, I answered, and now I’m done. 

BTW, did you ever work in the Bills FO? Kirby did. I’ll put my money on him over your emotions. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

$100m in PSL's in Buffalo? Really? Good luck with that.You're dreaming, Kirb.

$150M in naming rights? We don't need a new building for that....

What NBA team? Seriously?

C'mon........

Lucas Oil was $122M for 20 years (in like 2008). Hard Rock, more recently, was $250M for 18 years. It isn’t even remotely a stretch to think that the Bills could get $150M over 20 years. It’s probably conservative. 

$100M In PSL’s is what the Vikings did with, what I believe, will be a similar structure. We aren’t talking $100K PSL’s or whatever SF charged. They had like $500 PSL’s (and they weren’t on every seat).

Also, I haven’t even factored in the NFL loan program. I’m being conservative.

That is the problem with Americans these days. They will 'accept' most anything. - A defeatist attitude did not make this country great, but such an attitude seems to have become pervasive in many circles....

You should have coughed up ther $1.4 BILLION so you could have it your way. 

Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

More $$$$ for the 'Pegs' to amortize. Got it. This ain't NYC, Kirb.......

Look, I’m not trying to be rude but there is a reason that EVERYONE (outside of the state) wants this to happen. The league wants it for more money. The Pegulas want it for more money. The government isn’t on board because it will cost them $500M. Regardless, it’s coming and the groundwork is in place. 

The Bills NEED to close the non-shared revenue gap or risk getting left behind. If the TV deal ever hits a tipping point it is catastrophic to the Bills. They need to insulate themselves by closing this gap. They know that and the other owners do too.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

No emotions. Just facts, Aug. I know from the stupidity that you follow over at the cessPPPool, that you hate facts.....Sorry that you are so butthurt.......

What are the facts, exactly? All I see is emotion. Run the numbers. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Look, I’m not trying to be rude but there is a reason that EVERYONE (outside of the state) wants this to happen. The league wants it for more money. The Pegulas want it for more money. The government isn’t on board because it will cost them $500M. Regardless, it’s coming and the groundwork is in place. 

The Bills NEED to close the non-shared revenue gap or risk getting left behind. If the TV deal ever hits a tipping point it is catastrophic to the Bills. They need to insulate themselves by closing this gap. They know that and the other owners do too.

Now here are some FACTS. 

6 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

More $$$$ for the 'Pegs' to amortize. Got it. This ain't NYC, Kirb.......

The Pegula's did, and they are going to extract every dime out of the current facility because of that fact.......

There is zero reason to believe this. Maybe less than zero. The Pegulas paid $400m over what they had to pay to secure the team. And did because Terry didn't care. In fact, he literally wrote a check for 200-300m more than the current offer just to get it over with. They don't care about making the most money. That is the most sure thing in this entire scenario. They are not like a lot of rich people. The opposite in fact. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No they wouldn’t. They are looking at $500M (private) and we have $150M with naming rights alone. They can generate another $100M in PSL’s (easily). That’s leaves $250M private (without a concession deal). Call the concession deal another $100M. That leaves $150M. That stadium can EASILY yield an additional $25M a year. This is clear as day (which is why everyone is pushing it). 

Ain’t going to happen. No one else is doing that anymore (especially in similar markets). The Pegula’s are asking for half (and will get it). 

I do have a master’s degree in sports management and worked closely on a lease deal for an NBA team with the state and the league. I am not an idiot on the topic. ??‍♂️

What do you mean closely.? Chief negotiator? 

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

So, Pegs will write a one billion dollar check, to make up the difference?

He will wait for a political solution. That will extend beyond 2022............

We are looking at $1B all in, not $1.5B. They will basically split it down the middle IMO. The Pegulas (and the Bills) are on the hook or $500M. The naming rights, concession deal and PSLs probably account for $350M of that. 

1 minute ago, Hammered a Lot said:

What do you mean closely.? Chief negotiator? 

We had a team of probably 10-15 on the team side that worked on the revenue goals and the state’s responsibility. My role was primarily on “the ask.” The group that I was a part of was responsible for past, present, and future revenue projections and how we could get the most out of the state. We wanted to find creative avenues to monetize the building as opposed to getting a check. We figured that we could generate another $10M plus a year by doing it that way. That’s why there is that giant video screen on the outside of the arena if you guys ever drive by it in New Orleans. We asked for things that we could sell. 

10 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

All comes down to if they want it to be year round for other events during the "gray season", if it is to be truly football only - no dome for me...

When I was younger, the weather never bothered me - now it does a bit, but not enough to say I would be in favor of a dome - it makes the game too sterile IMO, elements are part of the game. I know some can and will point to low attendance in late November and December games in the last 20 some odd years, but that is a simply a function of having a $hitty team that is out of or has no chance of the playoffs, build a winner and the fans will come. 

There were low turnouts at end of season for Kelly years when it was snowing. Some playoff games did not sell out.

Best thing is a window at top allowing weather in but sides protect most of those in fan seats. You can design it so snow falls out and down side of stadium to pile up.

One of the leaders in our Bills Backers group was an architect and he has done designs for stadiums.

He showed me proposed designs and they were beautiful.

Unfortunately he died in October from brain cancer.

I love Minnesota's design with the glass ceiling as it provides something of an outdoor "illusion." A downtown dome stadium is coming so it's best to just be prepared for that eventuality. I love OP and the environment, but I fully expect Pegula to put his stamp on this franchise with a downtown venue.

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

How does it work with naming rights? Would New Era have to bid on it and how much does the corporate sponsor typically contribute to the overall cost? 

Not sure how New Era’s contract is, but it’ll be at least 4-5 years b4 the Bills leave OP.

There’s land aquisition (which the Pegulas are already doing), public hearings (which, in Buffalo, are a joke), environmental impact studies, and - finally- demolition and construction.  Plus road infrastucture improvements.

4 hours ago, corta765 said:

Your grasping at straws here man, easier just to say you'd rather stay in OP. I've been downtown a ton of the last decade never once had an issue nor has any of my friends or family. If there are 70,000 people downtown it is kind of hard to be not noticeable same reason in orchard park things get filmed and seen all the time now

Not grasping at straws. Worked Downtown on a project for a year had it happen almost every day. Wife workers Downtown also happens to her. Fact. 

7 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I'm not against a new stadium, and I do believe that the current facility is just fine.

I don't want to see a glorified shopping mall experience, which is what this could easily turn into.......

I do think that your conjecture on the figures for naming rights, and PSL's is doubtful for the 2nd smallest NFL market.

The rest is simply presumptuous.....

Is it doubtful to think that an NFL team (even in Buffalo) could get $7.5M a year in naming rights? That’s not aggressive (at all). 

$100M through PSLs isn’t that crazy either. 10,000 seats at $5k, 20,000 seats at $2,500 and you are there. Obviously those are averages but that is not a stretch at all. That’s especially true if they are paid off over 5 years.