New Stadium Talk as of owner’s meetings

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The good news is you can still do it after the downtown stadium is built...you just do it in your driveway. ?

I have some Mexican friends who love the Bills who used to tailgate by themselves in the parking lot of the Bills bar we watch the games at. A couple hours before the game, which starts at 10 am in LA. One car. Til the cops shut them down. It was hilarious. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

End of Michagan St is one location I heard. I also heard Cuomo was going to announce a billion dollar aid package for buffalo after he got elected. Waiting .... 201 Ellicott project will be using up 400 plus parking spots.   

What about security.  Now every Lot can be seen. No bridges or tall buildings to block the view or robberys, breaking. When will the first time a panhandler, crackhead, confront you for bucks in Orchard Park??

Your grasping at straws here man, easier just to say you'd rather stay in OP. I've been downtown a ton of the last decade never once had an issue nor has any of my friends or family. If there are 70,000 people downtown it is kind of hard to be not noticeable same reason in orchard park things get filmed and seen all the time now

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I have some Mexican friends who love the Bills who used to tailgate by themselves in the parking lot of the Bills bar we watch the games at. A couple hours before the game, which starts at 10 am in LA. One car. Til the cops shut them down. It was hilarious. 

Last season my brother in law and I wanted to do the Pats night game but couldn't with my wife and I expecting a kid and his work schedule. SO we tailgated on his front lawn in the middle of Rochester for about 3 hours before the game. I moved a TV outside and streamed Bills moments, we had a tent a fire etc.. the neighbors loved it and people were honking as we drove by lol.

51 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

End of Michagan St is one location I heard. I also heard Cuomo was going to announce a billion dollar aid package for buffalo after he got elected. Waiting .... 201 Ellicott project will be using up 400 plus parking spots.   

What about security.  Now every Lot can be seen. No bridges or tall buildings to block the view or robberys, breaking. When will the first time a panhandler, crackhead, confront you for bucks in Orchard Park??

The Superdome is in the middle of New Orleans. New Orleans is WAY more dangerous than Buffalo. Believe it or not, they don’t have issues with crackheads and muggings on game days. People tailgate and attend the game. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Superdome is in the middle of New Orleans. New Orleans is WAY more dangerous than Buffalo. Believe it or not, they don’t have issues with crackheads and muggings on game days. People tailgate and attend the game. 

The LA Coliseum is in South Central, one of the worst areas. No real problems there. 

2 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Downtown can barely handle 19,000 + leaving from a Sabres game.  How the heck are they going to handle 60,000 + from a Bills game? 

...EXACTLY.....harbor makes downtown three directions accessible......I'd bet you're talking BILLIONS in interstate infrastructure improvements by the Feds.....without it, you'd probably get home from the "downtown home opener" by late October.....and with the way the Feds move, plan on completion for the 2042 season.....

8 hours ago, eball said:

I'm just sayin', I would LOVE a downtown stadium with places to go before and after games.  I'm just at a different place in my life and mega-tailgating in a parking lot isn't as important any more.

I think the best of both worlds, at least that I have seen, is Nashville. The stadium is across the river with a lot of room for tailgating. I took Uber there, because I’m a free loader. (Ask @plenzmd1, @mead107, @BringBackFergy, etc, they will vouch for me!) Post game you take the pedestrian bridge back into town, and you have countless bars and venues to explore and enjoy. It’s really fantastic, IMO. Then Uber home when you’re good and ready. (Please don’t try to buy tickets until after I’ve secured mine.) 

• Haha (+1) 1

Asked if he wanted a domed stadium, Terry Pegula initially said, "No," then said, "We'll see what the study says. It's all about what we think our fans want, what they would prefer."

Hopefully the study that they're doing keeps a roof off the place wherever they build it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Asked if he wanted a domed stadium, Terry Pegula initially said, "No," then said, "We'll see what the study says. It's all about what we think our fans want, what they would prefer."

Hopefully the study that they're doing keeps a roof off the place wherever they build it.

He also said a "scaled down version of the palaces" in LA and Dallas.   Both domes.

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My thoughts on this are pretty simple. Wherever it goes next is going to be a “business decision” not a fan experience decision. What is best for the government and best for the Pegulas are not necessarily the same. It will almost certainly be a public/private deal. The expression “split the difference” is a little ironic IMO. That’s how I see this thing playing out. 

The Pegulas want to maximize revenue and the government wants to minimize cost. My guess is 65,000 seats, downtown (somewhere), with a price tag in the $1B range. It will be split almost evenly between the state and the Bills. 

My guess is similar. Except I think the Pegulas along with help of anyone with money looking to get in on the ground floor (Rich, Golisano, Jacobs, Kelly group, Any other development group) they will fully fund the stadium and hotels/restaurants/shopping  in and around the stadium. 

I believe they will fund the stadium completely. Except with the expectation on the City, County, State, Fed, to fund and completely update the infrastructure in and around the city. 

Additional subway stops that go all the way to the airport, galleria mall area, UB North Campus, and a half a dozen others. Updated highways with multiple routes in and out of the city. Etc. 

5 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Pegula's want maximum ROI. The current facility provides that right now.

The hell with the other owners...........

Well, they DO own the team. I’m pretty sure they get a vote in this. You have the right to walk away. People vote with their feet. I’m on board for anything reasonable. 

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Ohhh yes it does. The Pegulas pay *nothing* for the current facility. They would have to amortize another $1.5 BILLION otherwise. Show me your numbers on how that benefits Buffalo fans, and the Pegulas

Oh boy.....here we go......

The funniest part is don’t drink and derive.   ?. Really! 

No offense, but I’ll take Kirby’s side on the NFL finances topic. 

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I've paid upfront for 31 years. You????

I'm not going anywhere. I simply wager that the Pegulas drag their feet as long as possible w/regard to a new stadium

I wasn’t in town that long. I’m NOT putting your opinion down in ANY way, but I just think the almighty dollar will win in the end. And I think it’s a bit more complicated than the average fan (and certainly MYSELF) have mastered. 

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Sure. Change the subject. You are weak.

I wasn’t changing the subject at all, but your response is sadly disappointing. I respect your feelings, but I think we might not see the facts the same way.  This dialogue is ongoing. I think Kirby has a better grasp on the facts than you or I. Feel free to prove me wrong. I feel bad if he has to lay it all out again. Maybe he can be Mr Copy & Paste for another round. 

24 minutes ago, mrags said:

My guess is similar. Except I think the Pegulas along with help of anyone with money looking to get in on the ground floor (Rich, Golisano, Jacobs, Kelly group, Any other development group) they will fully fund the stadium and hotels/restaurants/shopping  in and around the stadium. 

I believe they will fund the stadium completely. Except with the expectation on the City, County, State, Fed, to fund and completely update the infrastructure in and around the city. 

Additional subway stops that go all the way to the airport, galleria mall area, UB North Campus, and a half a dozen others. Updated highways with multiple routes in and out of the city. Etc. 

Hahaha.  The subway extension to Amherst is a long shot.  To the airport and points East...never in our lifetime.  

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I've paid upfront for 31 years. You????

I'm not going anywhere. I simply wager that the Pegulas drag their feet as long as possible w/regard to a new stadium

I believe they are and have. Talking takes a few years, and then building takes 3 years. The stadium will be 50 years old before it closes. The stadium is made of concrete. Concrete cracks over time. You look up at the upper deck and see new I-beams holding it up every year. There are leaks and cracks all over the lower deck too if you actually go to games and look around. It is time to do a very extensive renovation or complete rebuild. Eventually somebody is going to get hurt. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He also said a "scaled down version of the palaces" in LA and Dallas.   Both domes.

I'm hoping he's talking about scaling back on the roofs ?

I live in Atlanta and the new stadium is incredible here, the screens are amazing but there's just something special about watching football in the elements. I think dome teams are softer as well.