New Stadium Talk as of owner’s meetings

4 hours ago, Forward Progress said:

Please don't move the stadium downtown!! 

I have been to plenty of stadiums across the league and downtown stadiums have the worst tailgating.  St.Louis was the worst that I have been to.  The only thing going on outside of the stadium were street vendors peddling their souvenirs.

I know this perspective is shared by many Bills fans -and our national image of slovenly drunk idiots smashing folding tables -and girlfriends!- is some kind of badge of honor, but I think it goes directly to what the League wants for their teams. The downtown hotels, eatery’s & quick ride to the stadium & airports is preferred over barren goat towns with bonfires and rowdy drunkenness. Should we go the way the League desires, obviously many high rise parking lots will be in order and we’ll adapt accordingly. It’s a paradigm. You don’t know what you don’t know.

In the 60’s, we could take a case of beer into WMS, then throw the empties at players as they left the field. Things change.

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

An indoor stadium would be the best for the Bills. You would get a lot more people coming out to december games. 

From reading this thread and others it seems its an older fan base that posts here. A lot of you hate change. 

A downtown domed stadium would be great IMO. With all the bars and restaurants downtown now who needs tailgating. They have better beer at the bars over the Blue and Genny that most seem to love. 

i'm 33. what are we considering older? the indoor experience sucked compared to being outside. winning would cure the December attendance issues fairly easily.

and the bolded just sounds pathetic to me..... some gameday experience that would be!

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

but I’d prefer to grill my food and drink my beer on game day.

Might have to stay at home and watch the game on TV then.

I would definitely start going to Bills games again if I knew there would be "higher class" citizens seated next to me as opposed to risking being seated near common denominator drunkards who swear like a sailor and spill beer all over the person seated in front of them.

In any event, I think no matter what direction they choose, you can't please all types of fans.  It definitely sounds like downtown + PSL's is what is coming.  I'm sure they realize tailgating is a huge thing in Buffalo, and I bet the Pegula's will do whatever they can to incorporate that to the best of their ability. However, it will never be like the "good old days", it can't.  It's time to move forward.

I for one do not look forward to a stadium + shopping mall, a stadium + park pavilion's with grille's that are part of the package you can use to tailgate with would be cool, but those pavilion's would not be bringing in extra money like shops would be during the game, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Semi-open stadium downtown. That'll be sick.

Fans will find a way to tailgate/cookout/party. Idk why people are so worried about that. When it comes down to it, tailgaters are just a small subset of fans, anyway.

its because it differs from all other stadiums. believe it or not quite a few people enjoy the fact that its one of the few stadiums not in a downtown area. it has a very different feel to it.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

how much does the corporate sponsor typically contribute to the overall cost? 

Naming rights are typically a revenue play, not a capital investment.    I can't see any rights holder chipping in for stadium construction...

6 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Might have to stay at home and watch the game on TV then.

I would definitely start going to Bills games again if I knew there would be "higher class" citizens seated next to me as opposed to risking being seated near common denominator drunkards who swear like a sailor and spill beer all over the person seated in front of them.

In any event, I think no matter what direction they choose, you can't please all types of fans.  It definitely sounds like downtown + PSL's is what is coming.  I'm sure they realize tailgating is a huge thing in Buffalo, and I bet the Pegula's will do whatever they can to incorporate that to the best of their ability. However, it will never be like the "good old days", it can't.  It's time to move forward.

I for one do not look forward to a stadium + shopping mall, a stadium + park pavilion's with grille's that are part of the package you can use to tailgate with would be cool, but those pavilion's would not be bringing in extra money like shops would be during the game, etc. 

i've never understood this.  want to avoid those people?  just buy club seats.  comfortable seats, quick beer lines, shorter lines for the bathroom and much cleaner.  it's easy to avoid the idiots.  sometimes you just have to dish out a bit more cash.  

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I'm soon to be 60, AND want change. Give me a domed stadium ASAP.

I'm 62 and would go with a downtown dome as well.   

The folks who resist change are destined to always be disappointed... 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm 62 and would go with a downtown dome as well.   

The folks who resist change are destined to always be disappointed... 

has to be that they are resistant to change?.... couldn't be that maybe they just have a personal preference to having their gameday outside. 

ive been in a domed stadium. it sucked. that's why I don't want one. if you don't mind i'll go ahead and resist something that took away from my purchased gameday experience.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

has to be that they are resistant to change?.... couldn't be that maybe they just have a personal preference to having their gameday outside. 

ive been in a domed stadium. it sucked. that's why I don't want one. if you don't mind i'll go ahead and resist something that took away from my purchased gameday experience.

It's your entertainment dollar.  Resist any way you want...

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It's your entertainment dollar.  Resist any way you want...

point being, not wanting a dome downtown doesn't just make somebody automatically resistant to change. how about some context people? its a lazy accusation from a few around here today.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My thoughts on this are pretty simple. Wherever it goes next is going to be a “business decision” not a fan experience decision. What is best for the government and best for the Pegulas are not necessarily the same. It will almost certainly be a public/private deal. The expression “split the difference” is a little ironic IMO. That’s how I see this thing playing out. 

The Pegulas want to maximize revenue and the government wants to minimize cost. My guess is 65,000 seats, downtown (somewhere), with a price tag in the $1B range. It will be split almost evenly between the state and the Bills. 

Agreed. It will be a split between the Pegulas, state, county, PSL revenue and maybe a few bucks from Jeremy Jacobs/Delaware North. And they would be nuts not to put a roof on it. (Not retractable, permanent.) The Pegulas are already developing "Pegulaville" to be an analog to Bob Kraft's Patriot Place.

Behold our future:

jason.gonzalez_1472141498_Vikings%20Sell

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

The NFL probably wants a lot less drunk fans jumping through burning tables and throwing *****'s on the field.  When I went to Bills games it was to watch football, not worry about getting drunk and acting like a frat boy.  I think a downtown stadium + PSL's will lead things towards a more positive direction it terms of the quality of the NFL gameday experience.   

old.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Downtown can barely handle 19,000 + leaving from a Sabres game.  How the heck are they going to handle 60,000 + from a Bills game? 

How do people get out of Orchard Park with only a few roads to drive on? 

• Like (+1) 3

If you go on Zillow and look for available properties available for sale in the first ward area...there are basically none.  And some of those housing projects in that area look just like Baltimore in The Wire.  Completely abandoned (vacated) with no effort to fill them, but none of them for sale either?  I think that's a pretty telling story.

Edited by Mark80

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I live 2 hrs away and parking in someone’s lawn on 20A allows me to be home to watch the last quarter plus of the 4 o’clock games.

Downtown stadium would F that. 

I’d probably have to take time off work and spend the night instead.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well, first of all they don't have intersections every 0.1 mile with horrific Buffalo traffic cops seemingly directing traffic with their eyes closed.