ESPN NFL Primetime

TSNBDSC

6 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I have it as my ringtone.

These new fans don’t realize how awesome that show really was. Best football highlight show ever created.

It's funny to think that back in the day it was the only way to see the games highlights before the nightly news.  You didn't want to miss it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

It's funny to think that back in the day it was the only way to see the games highlights before the nightly news.  You didn't want to miss it.

Compared to now when there is NO way to see decent highlights.   It absolutely flabbergasts me that anyone thinks having four idiots sitting around jabbering in broken English is a better program than what Berman & Jackson did in the 90s where at least 80% of the screen time was on the highlights.   Today that's probably 30%, if that.

I turned on the NFL channel one Sunday last year in an attempt to catch some Bills highlights.  Watched 90 minutes while they cycled through the same 3 games and the same 4 idiots blathering the same crap over and over and over before they mentioned the Bills.....and then showed two clips.  Unreal.

On PrimeTime you could actually get a feel for the game they showed so many clips....and from every single game, not just one game picked because of which players twitters were getting the most attention that week.

Just another reminder of how sports has been ruined.

p.s.   thanks for the link....that music is awesome

38 minutes ago, dubs said:

Incredible!!!  What happened to media?  :(

They realized there was more money to be had by trading in hype and lies and picking a political side to shill for 24x7.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

They realized there was more money to be had by trading in hype and lies and picking a political side to shill for 24x7.

Yep. ESPN, since that's the topic, went so far as to fire someone for having an opinion. Pretty outlandish stuff.

I also miss espn Sunday night football and abc Monday night football.  I know we still technically have them but on different channels,  but they felt different back then. It's hard to explain in words

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

How about the fact that in the 90's there was an hour plus post game show for every Sabres game on Empire Sports Network.  That show with Mike Robitaille and Brian Blessing was great as well for a local show.  Twenty-five years later and the we don't have anything in the same stratosphere.  The regression is puzzling. 

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Compared to now when there is NO way to see decent highlights.   It absolutely flabbergasts me that anyone thinks having four idiots sitting around jabbering in broken English is a better program than what Berman & Jackson did in the 90s where at least 80% of the screen time was on the highlights.   Today that's probably 30%, if that.

I turned on the NFL channel one Sunday last year in an attempt to catch some Bills highlights.  Watched 90 minutes while they cycled through the same 3 games and the same 4 idiots blathering the same crap over and over and over before they mentioned the Bills.....and then showed two clips.  Unreal.

On PrimeTime you could actually get a feel for the game they showed so many clips....and from every single game, not just one game picked because of which players twitters were getting the most attention that week.

Just another reminder of how sports has been ruined.

p.s.   thanks for the link....that music is awesome

Actually its more of a reflection on the Bills and fans in general. Any Bills fan does not need to see the highlights. They have probably already watched the game. And non Bills fans just want to see winning teams or maybe a losing team with some storyline. 

Sports is fine. 

Just think you got an hour of your life back becauseany highlight you want to see is just a click away.

I haven't watched ESPN in 15 years otherthan at the gym with 10 other channels. Can’t stand any of their personalities like Stephen A and Max K.

But I have a great career and great hobbies. I don’t need anything but the game and the internet to keep up.

This board has good content from a handful of posters that helps too.

2 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

How about the fact that in the 90's there was an hour plus post game show for every Sabres game on Empire Sports Network.  That show with Mike Robitaille and Brian Blessing was great as well for a local show.  Twenty-five years later and the we don't have anything in the same stratosphere.  The regression is puzzling. 

It’s because the Pegulas don’t want people calling in to complain about these franchises. That’s why this type of post game show doesn’t exist anymore 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

These new fans don’t realize how awesome that show really was. Best football highlight show ever created.

Nothing will ever beat the 90s Prime time show . It was must watch TV for all Bills fans.

A great show to watch in this era is Turning Point on NBC sports. They get in depth on there highlights and breakdown the Gm perfectly. It's more like Inside the NFL but better. 

7 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Howard Cosell’s MNF halftime highlights were classic also