Rules Change for Reviewable Pass Interference Calls and Non-Calls

And long as they don’t get an extra challenges I like it. It may actually improve the game flow because coaches will likely be more selective on what they challenge. Save the flags for the huge, game changing PI’s.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Terrible move IMO. When will it stop. It won’t be just PIs. Heard a stat that of penalties that result in a “game changing” penalty 70 percent are already PIs. If this is the case it needs to be a 15 yarder and not a spot foul. Hate the move. 

Reviewing PI and making it a 15 yard penalty are two different things.

I’m trying to understand what you’re so angry about.

• Like (+1) 1

Really do not like this at all.  Right now a big pass play goes incomplete and everyone waits for the flag - now we have the additional wait is someone going to challenge it. 

It also means some tricky tack call is going to impact an outcome with a booth review on something with no effect.  

Really wish they would eliminate more replay instead of adding to it.

It would be one thing if they get the call right, but they won’t all it will do is cause more anger and frustration among the fans when a small bump by your DB becomes a 30 yard penalty and a first down late in the game against a team like NE.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CaliBills said:

Big change now with Pass Interference calls and non calls being reviewable 

Personally I love it.  I think this is something that can help make the calls a little more accurate.   

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024371/article/owners-make-pass-interference-noncalls-reviewable

Yes, because replay has consistently done such an outstanding job of making reviewable calls more accurate.  <_<

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Terrible move IMO. When will it stop. It won’t be just PIs. Heard a stat that of penalties that result in a “game changing” penalty 70 percent are already PIs. If this is the case it needs to be a 15 yarder and not a spot foul. Hate the move. 

There's always someone...

• Like (+1) 2