Calling it now: McD and Beane will be in the running for HC and GM of the year in 2019.

Let the "hommerism" replies and slams commence...but I firmly believe this is an 11+ win team next year.  I think we will finish around 11 or 12 wins in the regular season.

Beane is killing it this offseason after also doing an incredible job prior to this to put the Bills in position to have such a great offseason.  IMO, this guy is going to garner serious consideration for GM of the year and honestly, I think he will win it.  All depends of course of what McD can do on the field with this roster, but I believe in McD fully.

McD...like I said above, I fully believe in McD.  He has done a lot so far with very little to work.  He is a rising star HC IMO and I think he is the perfect HC right now for this team.  With the roster make up already, even before we add players from the draft, this team is poised to shock a lot of people next year.  But when we win 11 or 12 games, he is absolutely going to be in the HC of the year race.  I do think a few other teams have some real shots at 14+ win seasons, so even if we won say 12 games that doesn't automatically mean McD would be the final winner, but I do believe he will be in the conversation at the very least.  

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On a serious note I do think there is a route to 11 wins for the Bills. Improved roster, easier looking schedule and hopefully growth and more consistency from Josh Allen. At the moment I would put them in that 9 to 11 win bracket. 

If they win 11 and make the playoffs both will get consideration. But there is going to be some tough competition because I expect Cleveland and possibly Tampa to have similarly progressive seasons. 

• Like (+1) 4

I admire the optimism, as I like to also look on the bright side, but somewhat premature.  The O line should be improved but has to gel. Josh and Edmunds have to continue improvement.  Receivers are improved but still not overwhelming.

• Like (+1) 1

nothing wrong with that kind of optimism after what seems to be a very good off season thus far. I wont go as far as to say HC/GM of the year nor will I claim a 11 win projection, yet.

but

for the first time, speaking for myself, I have not only been pleased with the off season (draft may kick that up a few notches too) but I have a very positive vibe about this team and believe the best is yet to come. I, as many had, every reason to be pessimistic and not have many high hopes but for me, that has definitely changed. although they have yet to take a snap, I don't have the feeling like in the past that they will let me down.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I would have predicted you would post this.   But hope you’re right. 

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

On a serious note I do think there is a route to 11 wins for the Bills. Improved roster, easier looking schedule and hopefully growth and more consistency from Josh Allen. At the moment I would put them in that 9 to 11 win bracket. 

If they win 11 and make the playoffs both will get consideration. But there is going to be some tough competition because I expect Cleveland and possibly Tampa to have similarly progressive seasons. 

For the most part, can’t you say this almost every year?  Most nfl teams (without star QBs)  are basically 6-9 win teams and little things can make or break your season.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I would have predicted you would post this.   But hope you’re right. 

For the most part, can’t you say this almost every year?  Most nfl teams (without star QBs)  are basically 6-9 win teams and little things can make or break your season.  

I am not putting them in that 6-9 win territory though. I think 9 should be closer to the floor for this team (and fewer than 8 wins and questions will be asked - rightly so). I think there is a genuine chance of 10 or 11 if the little things go our way. 

• Like (+1) 2

It's all on Allen. The moves they have made are good enough for a 10 or 11 win season IF Allen develops. He's still the biggest question mark. But they have left zero room for doubt. If we win less than 9 games it is likely on him. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not putting them in that 6-9 win territory though. I think 9 should be closer to the floor for this team (and fewer than 8 wins and questions will be asked - rightly so). I think there is a genuine chance of 10 or 11 if the little things go our way. 

I’m guessing our over/ under will be either 6.5 or 7.5.  But I generally agree with you.  There should be a playoff type run or Allen showing major signs or changes should be made. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

It's all on Allen. The moves they have made are good enough for a 10 or 11 win season IF Allen develops. He's still the biggest question mark. But they have left zero room for doubt. If we win less than 9 games it is likely on him. I'm cautiously optimistic.

They still need receiving and oline help. 

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The AFC looks a lot better on paper than it did in 2017.

None of the teams in the AFC south would be considered a reach to win 10 games, for instance.

And the conference as a whole should be more competitive than it has been in a while...........that could work to the Bills advantage though because they have 2 games against the Dolphins and one against Cinci and NYG..........having 4 games against teams that project to be vulnerable could make a big difference in a wildcard race where some teams project to be going against a bit tougher competition every week.     

A lot can change in season though but the schedule is currently a reason for optimism.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The AFC looks a lot better on paper than it did in 2017.

None of the teams in the AFC south would be considered a reach to win 10 games, for instance.

And the conference as a whole should be more competitive than it has been in a while...........that could work to the Bills advantage though because they have 2 games against the Dolphins and one against Cinci and NYG..........having 4 games against teams that project to be vulnerable could make a big difference in a wildcard race where some teams project to be going against a bit tougher competition every week.     

A lot can change in season though but the schedule is currently a reason for optimism.

I would have the Titans as a reach to get to 10 wins but I do agree the AFC overall is a better conference than it was 2 or 3 years ago. I think as well as the 4 games you mentioned the Bills also have Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Washington and Denver who are all in various states of flux. It is a real opportunity this year I think to make a big jump. Maybe even a scale of jump that gives a slightly false impression of where they are overall in their development. 

• Like (+1) 1

Some good points here re: a much improved AFC, the ‘new’ team playing cohesively and playing 7 games against teams with brand new coaching staffs. My reason for optimism today is the press conference Sean gave at the League meetings. Clearly the longest presser in his tenure, he answered every question decisively and with an ease that oozes honesty, confidence and commitment.

Sure, injures have derailed many a teams hopes and expectations, and it’s truly an X factor. Should we be fortunate in this regard, I agree with the OP this could be a special season.