The NFL should allow teams to trade off salary cap space.

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Was just coming back to this.

The Player's Union would self-immolate. Teams're supposed to spend 89% in cash on players (over a 4 year period yadda yadda yadda but that's the bottom line) ... and you're going to change that so they could sell the unspent money instead? 

It's a system far better than any other pro league and the very basis of its popularity.

Bad teams are not bad because they just lack a little more cap room....

4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

That would kinda eliminate competetive balance wouldnt it.  It would be good if their was some kind of buffer for teams that were in tax happy states.

Yep. $5 mil in Cali is definitely not the same as $5 mil in TX or FL.

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Nah I actually hate trading Cap Space Idea.  It will just further widen the gap between the haves and have nots.

However retaining Salary (like the NHL) for up to 2 players total that could be an idea.

That would be my fear as well.

36 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Yep. $5 mil in Cali is definitely not the same as $5 mil in TX or FL.

Probably the best thing that could happen is for Califonia to start voting differently but its hard to out number the illegal immigrant vote

Edited by formerlyofCtown

48 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Probably the best thing that could happen is for Califonia to start voting differently but its hard to out number the illegal immigrant vote

They wanted to break up into 2 or 3 separate states. What a difference between so cal and northern. Kinda like here in FL. South fl is way different than n fl. N fl is called south ga.

Edited by Dopey

20 minutes ago, Dopey said:

They wanted to break up into 2 or 3 separate states. What a difference between so cal and northern. Kinda like here in FL. South fl is way different than n fl. N fl is called south ga.

What do they call Gulf/West Coast of FL?  Was just down in Bradenton taking my son to IMG.  Yikes---all strip malls, strip clubs and double wide parks.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

How do you figure that this would produce more parity?

It will allow stupid franchises to overpay even more players. Other than that I don’t know what it would do.  

5 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Example:

Team A is loaded with salary cap space. Team B is strapped with little to no salary cap space. Team A desires a player(s) and/or draft pick(s) from Team B. Team A trades for player(s) and/or draft pick(s) from Team B and in addition takes on X amount of Team B’s used salary cap dollars. 

Bottom line Team A gets the desired player(s) and/or draft pick(s) and uses their salary cap dollars to do it. This would keep the player to salary cap ratio in line. Team B benefits to where not only do they lose a contract but reduces their salary cap debt so they can still go out and either trade, draft or sign another player with their new found cap dollars. That should keep parity intact.

There are a finite number of NFL worthy players. The only thing your idea would do is drive up player salaries.

57 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What do they call Gulf/West Coast of FL?  Was just down in Bradenton taking my son to IMG.  Yikes---all strip malls, strip clubs and double wide parks.

Gulf Coast is called the forgotten coast. I live in Tallahassee. Geographicaly, I say I live in the armpit of Fl. Check it out on a map. No summer breeze here, but from Nov-March we have a change in seasons. It is sometimes colder here on a Jan. night than Buffalo. My mom never believes me when I call. Aug. Sept and Oct are muggy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Like night and day from what Ive been told. Western NY is held hostage by NYC. But I found a state I can tolerate.