QB Wonderlic Scores 2018

AtlBills

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Holy homer!  Relax.  Of course, it’s better than him doing terrible on it.  But read his scouting report (and if you took off your homer shades, you would see some truth) and his weaknesses.  https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josh-allen?id=32462018-0002-5600-29bc-8750224414bd

• Pre-snap game plan appears unfocused
  • field reading is spotty
  • Needs to play smarter and place higher value on the ball
  • Anticipatory throws don't seem to come naturally

so I’m glad he is good at tests.  But seeing a Belichick defense is much different than knowing which vowel is halfway between C and P.

Dude.  Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.  Just give it a rest.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Running a dumbed down gimmicky offense that was exposed in said playoffs.

Anyway, you're wrong in saying there is NO correlation between intelligence and playing QB at a high level.

Regardless, why is it wrong to be excited about a QB (Allen) who has arguably the best set of physical tools and is also clearly intelligent?  You're right, we should just poo-poo everything and wait for him to fail.

They use the damn test for a reason.

There is also no correlation between scoring low on the wonderlic and playing at a poor level, either. 

But smarter is always more preferable all things being equal. 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Wait.  I forgot.  You played football before and date a lot of girls.

I'm sorry for pointing out how wrong you are.  Mea culpa.

Why get personal by pointing out things I’ve done.  Don’t be jealous.  Have a rational discussion like a grown up. 

44 minutes ago, eball said:

I didn't even know Josh's score but could tell from the way he speaks and interacts he's a smart guy.

Those suggesting Josh can't be a cerebral QB like Manning/Brady/Brees are talking out their arses.

I think Allen has the right mix. Fitzie was a cerebral guy but lacked arm talent and crucial decision making at certain points. I think Allen has the smarts, talent, and belief in himself to be special. Only thing i can see derailing this kids career is injury. Allen can put the Bills  on top like Favre did for the Pack. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, eball said:

I didn't even know Josh's score but could tell from the way he speaks and interacts he's a smart guy.

Those suggesting Josh can't be a cerebral QB like Manning/Brady/Brees are talking out their arses.

Wait, you mean you can hurdle an LB, throw a rocket 70 yards, and still be smart? Paradigms smashed! Posters proven wrong! Universes ripped apart!

55 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Look at the intelligence of my QB. The sheer acumen of my QB. The brain capacity of my QB. The intellect of my QB. the aptitude of my QB. The precociousness of my QB. The IQ of my QB.

My QBs ability to process information.? Its not everything though.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

25 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

For those who want to know all of the scores...

NFL Wonderlic Scores

I have pulled out a list of QB's for the sake of reference:

Player Score Position
Ryan Fitzpatrick 48 QB
Blaine Gabbert 42 QB
Carson Wentz 40 QB
Alex Smith 40 QB
Eli Manning 39 QB
Matthew Stafford 38 QB
Colin Kaepernick 38 QB
Josh Allen 37 QB
Tony Romo 37 QB
Andrew Luck 37 QB
Jared Goff 36 QB
Sam Bradford 36 QB
Drew Bledsoe 36 QB
Aaron Rodgers 35 QB
Ryan Tannehill 34 QB
Tom Brady 33 QB
Nathan Peterman 33 QB
Steve Young 33 QB
Marcus Mariota 33 QB
Kirk Cousins 33 QB
Johnny Manziel 32 QB
Matt Ryan 32 QB
JP Losman 31 QB
Trent Edwards 31 QB
Phillip Rivers 30 QB
Josh McCown 30 QB
Matt Barkley 30 QB
Josh Rosen 29 QB
Troy Aikman 29 QB
John Elway 29 QB
Andy Dalton 29 QB
Rex Grossman 29 QB
Nick Foles 29 QB
Matt Hasselbeck 29 QB
Jimmy Garoppolo 29 QB
Sam Darnold 28 QB
Blake Bortles 28 QB
Mark Sanchez 28 QB
Drew Brees 28 QB
Peyton Manning 28 QB
EJ Manuel 28 QB
Russell Wilson 28 QB
Joe Flacco 27 QB
Carson Palmer 26 QB
Jay Cutler 26 QB
Kyle Orton 26 QB
Baker Mayfield 25 QB
Ben Roethlisberger 25 QB
Chad Pennington 25 QB
Colt McCoy 25 QB
Cardale Jones 25 QB
Dak Prescott 25 QB
Mitchell Trubisky 25 QB
Brock Osweiler 25 QB
JaMarcus Russell 24 QB
Jacoby Brissett 24 QB
Geno Smith 24 QB
David Carr 24 QB
Patrick Mahomes 24 QB
Robert Griffin III 24 QB
Jordan Palmer 23 QB
Tim Tebow 22 QB
Brett Farve 22 QB
AJ McCarron 22 QB
Cam Newton 21 QB
Deshaun Watson 20 QB
Teddy Bridgewater 20 QB
Jake Locker 20 QB
Derek Carr 20 QB
Michael Vick 20 QB
Derek Anderson 19 QB
Daunte Culpepper 18 QB
Paxton Lynch 18 QB
Vinny Testaverde 17 QB
Terry Bradshaw 16 QB
Dan Marino 16 QB
Jim Kelly 15 QB
Vince Young 15 QB
Steve Mcnair 15 QB
Donovan Mcnabb 14 QB
Kordell Stewart 14 QB
Lamar Jackson 13 QB
Vince Young 6 QB

Nobody took the Wonderlic seriously enough 35 years ago. But things have a changed a bit now. So Kelly & Marino probably underrated since they did not have / bother with the professional prep these athletes get these days. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why get personal by pointing out things I’ve done.  Don’t be jealous.  Have a rational discussion like a grown up. 

ME pointing them out??  Those two things make up 80% of everything you've posted!

Every time you chime in, you remind people that you played football.  Big ***** deal.  I'd venture to guess that many of us played football.  Zero relevance.

Here .... "Wow.  Can you tell me about your playing days?  That's awesome that you played against Ivy Leaguers.  You must have a lot of insight that the rest of us are lacking!!!"

Now you can look in the mirror and remind yourself how awesome you are.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t think anyone has ever suggested that the Wonderlic is a conclusive measure to QB success. It’s one piece of the puzzle. The higher the better, Allen gets a check mark here. Not sure why every year it’s a “but Kelly/Marino! But Fitz” argument back and forth as to whether it is meanigful. It’s one factor of many factors. It’s a good sign to score high. It’s a bad sign to score low. But it’s not a determinant either way. There is a reason they still give the test.  I don’t know why it’s ever worth arguing about. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think anyone has ever suggested that the Wonderlic is a conclusive measure to QB success. It’s one piece of the puzzle. The higher the better, Allen gets a check mark here. Not sure why every year it’s a “but Kelly/Marino! But Fitz” argument back and forth as to whether it is meanigful. It’s one factor of many factors. It’s a good sign to score high. It’s a bad sign to score low. But it’s not a determinant either way. There is a reason they still give the test.  I don’t know why it’s ever worth arguing about. 

Thank you.  And I don't believe my initial response in this thread said anything different.  Some folks just have an axe to grind.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

ME pointing them out??  Those two things make up 80% of everything you've posted!

Every time you chime in, you remind people that you played football.  Big ***** deal.  I'd venture to guess that many of us played football.  Zero relevance.

Here .... "Wow.  Can you tell me about your playing days?  That's awesome that you played against Ivy Leaguers.  You must have a lot of insight that the rest of us are lacking!!!"

Now you can look in the mirror and remind yourself how awesome you are.

You played JV as a junior, huh?  Sorry dude. 

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You mean like copying/pasting Allen's pre-draft weaknesses from a website?  haha

Yea

• Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Look at the intelligence of my QB. The sheer acumen of my QB. The brain capacity of my QB. The intellect of my QB. the aptitude of my QB. The precociousness of my QB. The IQ of my QB.

....also the proclivity of my QB

• Like (+1) 1