QB Wonderlic Scores 2018

AtlBills

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, these aren’t related at all.  Jim Kelly got a 15.  Marino got a 16.  Fitz got a 48.

football intelligence is completely different than wonderlic “intelligence.”

You are 100% incorrect.

Since 2000, every QB who scored 15 or less has not been successful as an NFL starter.

Prior to that, Wonderlic didn't matter as much.  Modern day NFL dictates that your QB isn't a bonafide moron.

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It indicates he can process information relatively quickly.

On a test.  I played with dudes who could barely read yet could master a playbook. I played with guys who went to IVY league schools who struggled to remember plays. 

If anything the wonderlic should be football or playbook related.

• Like (+1) 1

It means nothing.  Nothing!

The QB/coach/scheme matters more than anything ever could or will.

Joey Harrington could have been an all time great had he not had the misfortune of being drafted by the Lions.  It's mostly circumstance.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

You are 100% incorrect.

Since 2000, every QB who scored 15 or less has not been successful as an NFL starter.

Prior to that, Wonderlic didn't matter as much.  Modern day NFL dictates that your QB isn't a bonafide moron.

Well of the 1st round qbs, dumb Lamar was the only one in the playoffs. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Has nothing to do with making a decision within 3 seconds under pressure and accurately delivering a pass. 

All this says is Allen can retain a lot of information.

This is actually wrong.  A lot of people can score in the 40s on the Wonderlic if they have enough time.  The questions aren't very hard.  It isn't the SATs.  

The whole point of the Wonderlic is to see if you can think accurately and quickly under pressure.   Most people don't finish the test within the time limit. 

Yes, because Lamont's stellar QB play got Baltimore there.  Don't be simple.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

On a test.  I played with dudes who could barely read yet could master a playbook. I played with guys who went to IVY league schools who struggled to remember plays. 

If anything the wonderlic should be football or playbook related.

I’m not saying it makes him a better at football or a better QB, just that the wonderlic requires faster prcocessing of information to do well on it. Just look at the list of QBs above who scored low and are in the HOF and those who scored high that never amounted to much, if anything. It’s also a just a snapshot in time. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Running a dumbed down gimmicky offense that was exposed in said playoffs.

Anyway, you're wrong in saying there is NO correlation between intelligence and playing QB at a high level.

Regardless, why is it wrong to be excited about a QB (Allen) who has arguably the best set of physical tools and is also clearly intelligent?  You're right, we should just poo-poo everything and wait for him to fail.

They use the damn test for a reason.

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Look at the intelligence of my QB. The sheer acumen of my QB. The brain capacity of my QB. The intellect of my QB. the aptitude of my QB. The precociousness of my QB. The IQ of my QB.

Bring back Fitzpatrick! 

Just now, eball said:

Running a dumbed down gimmicky offense that was exposed in said playoffs.

Anyway, you're wrong in saying there is NO correlation between intelligence and playing QB at a high level.

Regardless, why is it wrong to be excited about a QB (Allen) who has arguably the best set of physical tools and is also clearly intelligent?  You're right, we should just poo-poo everything and wait for him to fail.

They use the damn test for a reason.

Holy homer!  Relax.  Of course, it’s better than him doing terrible on it.  But read his scouting report (and if you took off your homer shades, you would see some truth) and his weaknesses.  https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josh-allen?id=32462018-0002-5600-29bc-8750224414bd

• Pre-snap game plan appears unfocused
  • field reading is spotty
  • Needs to play smarter and place higher value on the ball
  • Anticipatory throws don't seem to come naturally

so I’m glad he is good at tests.  But seeing a Belichick defense is much different than knowing which vowel is halfway between C and P.

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He had better passing numbers than our guy.

Wait.  I forgot.  You played football before and date a lot of girls.

I'm sorry for pointing out how wrong you are.  Mea culpa.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1