QB Wonderlic Scores 2018

AtlBills

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

It indicates he can process information relatively quickly.

8 hours ago, Forward Progress said:

For those who want to know all of the scores...

NFL Wonderlic Scores

I have pulled out a list of QB's for the sake of reference:

Player Score Position

Nathan Peterman 33 QB

Johnny Manziel 32 QB

This just proves that those with high scores can process information relatively quickly OR you can practice for the test just like you can SATs, etc. (I got the highest grade in our school on SAT and was told I could retake it.  I said I did not study for it and really did not see way to improve my grade by taking again.)

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

By using facts?  Doesn’t mean Jackson is better but he did make the playoffs and have a better completion % and qb rating. 

He did not make the playoffs his team did.

8 hours ago, Capco said:

Biscuit should change his name to strawman. 

As in scarecrow?  "If I only had a brain".

maxresdefault.jpg

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

I have no trouble with Marino being that un-bright, his panel appearances are pitiful.

His whole advertising endorsements started for him year he was injured.  It turned out to be good luck for him.

Some of the stories I have read about him during this time indicate he was clueless on almost everything with some advertising directors refusing to work with him.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

But you've gone to far the other way, and are going out of your way not to like the kid. Listen, we all know that you're dying to jump on the bandwagon.  What is it going to take?

I’m just trying to take a realistic view. I wanted another team to take him.  This is very new for me but I don’t know how to just blindly support a guy I have serious doubts about.  I know Allen will work hard and has great physical skills.  I’m just not fans of these type of qbs.

that said, 60%, 1.5 td to 1 int ratio (very low bar), and 230 yards passing.  I believe those are very reasonable 2nd qb stats.

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

As in scarecrow?  "If I only had a brain".

maxresdefault.jpg

Sick burn bro.  And PM me if you want to compare degrees. ?

4 hours ago, eball said:

And your solution is to now berate other posters and call them homers because they look for optimism?  Curious.

Who’s berating people?  You’re the one calling me names because I won’t bend over to praise Allen.  

As homer, you’ve (and formerly myself) have been more wrong than right supporting the Bills over the years.  

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well of the 1st round qbs, dumb Lamar was the only one in the playoffs. 

The Forest Gump of QBs?

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut now and then?

Seriously, Baltimore is about the only place he would be that successful and kudos to them for putting him in the right kind of offense to maximize his skills.

Roman is the right OC for him too.

Never knew that about Kelly and Marino...WTF. Were they up all night doing shots before taking the test? - would not have surprised me.

Edited by WideNine
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

It's also about figuring out how to take the test. So there are 50 questions, say 27 can be done in 5 seconds by basically everyone, some can be done in 5 seconds by some people and others take a lot longer and there are some that take 10 minutes for the smartest, most knowledgeable person alive.

If you put a few of the harder problems early, and the real tough one at like #15, then a 27 therefore shows you know how to take a test, because you skipped problems and are a good test taker.

That said, you could be really smart, get through the first 14 and just have to figure out the #15 problem...not necessarily a bad thing, not near as bad if you get a 13 and skipped all the hard ones (having the desire to solve complex problems is a good thing to have, but doing that on this test probably shows you have adhd, or did not prepare for the test in anyway...the lack of prep would be more of a concern by far).

It reminds me how I took the math portion of the SAT.  I would mark on sheet potential answers eliminating those which could not be correct if I could not determine answer quickly.  One of the teachers looked at my test trying to explain that I needed to fill in the bubbles and I explained to teacher I was filling in bubbles for those which I knew answers and the marks were for me to go back and check after I got all of the "automatic" ones. Teacher tried to tell me I'd have no time to do that but I ignored her.  In last 10 minutes I had 20 questions unanswered where I had marked answers "likely" or "possible" and one which I had no idea. At 5 minute mark I marked all the answers I had not proven which other answers were wrong all but the one which I had no idea what answer was.

Teacher proctoring test told me I likely failed because I did not follow instructions.  She kept a copy of my answer sheet for her own curiosity. 

When we received grades on SAT she came to me and told me I got highest score in school (and school district it turns out) on math portion of SAT and she asked me to sit down and explain my answer sheet and its marks.  I went over methodology with her, that I did not look for good answers but eliminating bad ones,  explaining probability vs scoring and contrasting questions on test eliminating some answers.  She told me I only had errors on those I had put questionable marks on and one I skipped. Everyone without a mark was right and almost every one with a mark as probable was right.  She told me what I did was impossible but she saw it.

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, Capco said:

@Limeaid Sounds like your teacher was a dumb ass.  What you described is classic SAT strategy (at least as far as I knew of when I took it).  

Well my teacher was in her early 60's so she would be well over 100 now.

My math teacher, someone who was a Grandmaster chess champion when in army and I played him multiple times a week beating him once in 3 years, saw nothing odd about my strategy although he did recommend I retake test.

11 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Has nothing to do with making a decision within 3 seconds under pressure and accurately delivering a pass. 

All this says is Allen can retain a lot of information.

How quickly a QB recognizes the defense pre-snap can lead to making adjustments based on the game plan and better decisions post-snap.  Also having an idea of what to expect once the ball is snapped probably does increase accuracy.  It's less of a matter of how much can be retained and more about how quickly and accurately information can be recalled.

Do you know influences accuracy numbers even more?  A clean pocket and WRs that can get open consistently and not drop balls.  I'm hoping we have that this year.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

13 = wearing a helmet 24/7.

Careful. The greatest Bills QB of all time by a wide margin scored a 15. Didn't seem to hurt him.

And Kaepernick scored a 38. Honestly, that doesn't surprise me, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Edited by LSHMEAB

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

You are 100% incorrect.

Since 2000, every QB who scored 15 or less has not been successful as an NFL starter.

Prior to that, Wonderlic didn't matter as much.  Modern day NFL dictates that your QB isn't a bonafide moron.

ITT helps if the fan base is made up of bona fide morons

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I only got 7....spelled it wrong.......dammit.............

13 means you were able to write out the first 6 letters of the alphabet before your mind couldn't focus any more

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/26/2019 at 9:59 AM, TheTruthHurts said:

Has nothing to do with making a decision within 3 seconds under pressure and accurately delivering a pass. 

All this says is Allen can retain a lot of information.

I think the snap decision making is only part of it. I think you also need a measurable amount of intelligence to learn and understand a complex playbook. In addition, while siting and watching video of next week’s opponent, you also need to be process what you are seeing and remember it. Maybe the CB you are up against next week has a tendency to make a certain mistake. You need to recognize this and remember it on game day. This may be what coaches are for, but I’d feel better if my QB didn’t have to be spoon fed. 

Lets cut to the chase here. Brady got a 33. 

13 hours ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

How quickly a QB recognizes the defense pre-snap can lead to making adjustments based on the game plan and better decisions post-snap.  Also having an idea of what to expect once the ball is snapped probably does increase accuracy.  It's less of a matter of how much can be retained and more about how quickly and accurately information can be recalled.

Do you know influences accuracy numbers even more?  A clean pocket and WRs that can get open consistently and not drop balls.  I'm hoping we have that this year.

I like this post.

The size and skill set of Josh Allen allows the mental part of the game to become less impacted by the physical part of the game IMO. 

I really do think the sky is the limits for this kid. 

McD D combined with a QB like Allen puts a big smile on my face just thinking about it.

No more Gronk

MERCY!!!