If the Bills don't draft a pass rusher...........

njbuff

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Do you think they are waiting out Ansah?

Or do you think they will trade for Frank Clark or Clowney?

Or will they just go with what they have, if they don't draft a pass rusher?

1.  I think Ansah is still a possibility, but ONLY if its before the draft.  Once the draft starts, Ansah wont be a Bill if he wasn't already.

2.  I seriously doubt they trade for Clowney.  I do think Frank Clark is a possibility though, just reports seem to suggest we aren't interested, so seems like a low possibility.  

3.  I think if we stay at 9 we will certainly pick an EDGE rusher over say one of the DTs.  Although I also still wouldn't rule out a weapon for Josh.  

4.  I think plan A is to trade down.  

• Like (+1) 4

I agree that they’ll draft a defensive lineman in the 1st. The talent at the top, both edge and interior, is elite. A guy like Christian Wilkins is usually a consensus top-10 to 12 pick as an interior guy. This year he might go towards the end of the first round. 

They built up their offense in free agency so they could go BPA in the 1st Round. If they can get their hands on an Ed Oliver, Montez Sweat or Christian Wilkins, I think they’re taking it. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Do you think they are waiting out Ansah?

Or do you think they will trade for Frank Clark or Clowney?

Or will they just go with what they have, if they don't draft a pass rusher?

good hypothetical.  I think if they don't draft a pass rusher, they are either trading for Clowney or pretty set on getting Ansah (I think it also means they did not sign OG Spain in FA) 

I think they will go BPA. 

I think few, if any, moves in free agency will change that evaluation.

Without actually listing names and individual odds- i guess id say it’s about 33% edge rusher, 33% DT and 33% the field if trying to project what’s bpa at 9

7 minutes ago, hemma said:

I think Ansah’s shoulder is still healing and they will re-evaluate next month, before the draft.

I think beane feels little pressure because of his injury status (kind of a moderate risk high reward but not required piece) 

and Ansah would pick the saints if the Quinn trade doesn’t work. No shade here. Just a shot at a ring and some more pieces on the line with him so he’s less of a focal point.

It’ll be interesting to see where these couple of pieces land.

When you watched McD's defense in Carolina, they generated a lot of pressure on the pocket from the d-tackles, especially from K. Short.  I think he places a lot of value in that. The Bills were not able to generate that pressure consistently in 2018.  With Kyle Williams gone, they have even less talent now.  I have a feeling that the Bills will try to add that skill set to the defense with pick #9.  There are several outstanding d-tackles in this draft.  

• Like (+1) 1