Opening Night Confirmed GB v CHI, SNF Pats host

corta765

16 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Just basing things on the ratings for last couple of Super Bowls nationally people don't want to tune in to see the Patriots like they used to. I'm much more inclined to watch Bears/Packers than the Pats.

So am I . But I think that first Sunday night game Cleveland Vs Brady will pull huge ratings guaranteed, and not risk Cleveland blowing up, and think CBS will want Pats/Chiefs for one of the 4:20 slots in December to pull huge ratings and boost the rating for Sunday afternoons.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

lol  I thought they were smitten with the Browns 

So, who will the Patriots play in Week 1? We won't know the opponent until the full schedule unveiling in April, but we do know it's going to be  one of eight opponents:

the Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets,  Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants or Kansas City Chiefs.

Does the NFL want to "reward" the Ch*mps by giving them a chump team, or will the NFL let KC get another shot at Brady.  (anyone remember the KC Blowout Victory over the chumps a few years back?)

Yup, they went on to win the Superbowl that year.  Again!

27 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

So am I . But I think that first Sunday night game Cleveland Vs Brady will pull huge ratings guaranteed, and not risk Cleveland blowing up, and think CBS will want Pats/Chiefs for one of the 4:20 slots in December to pull huge ratings and boost the rating for Sunday afternoons.

Pats Chiefs in Nov. Its sweeps month. Same reason pats and colts always was scheduled in Nov.

• Like (+1) 1

lol  I thought they were smitten with the Browns 

So, who will the Patriots play in Week 1? We won't know the opponent until the full schedule unveiling in April, but we do know it's going to be  one of eight opponents:

the Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets,  Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants or Kansas City Chiefs.

Does the NFL want to "reward" the Ch*mps by giving them a chump team, or will the NFL let KC get another shot at Brady.  (anyone remember the KC Blowout Victory over the chumps a few years back?)

They had 2 shots last year alone.

But yeah, Week 1 2017.

NE went on to the SB.

KC choked away a 21 point halftime leads to the TITANS in the WC game....

My rankings for Pats opener:

1. Cowboys- Americas team media blah blah its a gold mine move

2. Jets- With their moves and possible changing of the guard story line very easy sell

3. Steelers- They've had many battles recently and have played opening night before. But I could see CBS trying to keep it for a later in the year 4pm matchup

4. Chiefs/Browns- TV networks will protect these two pretty big for their 4pm spots

5. Bills- Outside chance given the Bills additions and in the media's eyes its probably a softball opener for the Pats, but with the teams above why would they honestly not try for one of those

6. Giants- Only way I see the Giants on is due to NY media market and somehow they get Kyler Murray who would re-add some star power with ODB gone.

7. Dolphins- This will be one of the few home games NE plays at 1:00pm

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, corta765 said:

My rankings for Pats opener:

1. Cowboys- Americas team media blah blah its a gold mine move

2. Jets- With their moves and possible changing of the guard story line very easy sell

3. Steelers- They've had many battles recently and have played opening night before. But I could see CBS trying to keep it for a later in the year 4pm matchup

4. Chiefs/Browns- TV networks will protect these two pretty big for their 4pm spots

5. Bills- Outside chance given the Bills additions and in the media's eyes its probably a softball opener for the Pats, but with the teams above why would they honestly not try for one of those

6. Giants- Only way I see the Giants on is due to NY media market and somehow they get Kyler Murray who would re-add some star power with ODB gone.

7. Dolphins- This will be one of the few home games NE plays at 1:00pm

decent line up.   a tweak or 2 with the youth movement in mind 

1) Cowboys- Americas team  --  Are they really?   Are they competitive enough?

2) Jets / Browns  - changing of the guard story line

3) KC if you are sticking with the young guns and with a rematch in mind.   They usually try to have the CCG rematches early on  IIRC.  

4) Buffalo - again young gun concept 

5 - 7)  Big Ben, Miami and Fitz then Eli. 

• Like (+1) 1