Opening Night Confirmed GB v CHI, SNF Pats host

corta765

19 minutes ago, MJS said:

You probably just have an AFC bias. Bears Packers is a great week 1 matchup.

nah..  Love me some Saints.  

Mitch Trubisky vs Aaron Rodgers (assuming he can answer the bell on week 1) isn not compelling TV anymore.

That Browns team, though, has potential for ACTUAL excitement.

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

nah..  Love me some Saints.  

Mitch Trubisky vs Aaron Rodgers (assuming he can answer the bell on week 1) isn not compelling TV anymore.

That Browns team, though, has potential for ACTUAL excitement.

The Browns haven't shown that they are actual contenders yet. People are just projecting. The Bears, however, are an actual team on the rise that is contending. And obviously you can never count the Packers out because of Rodgers.

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Browns haven't shown that they are actual contenders yet. People are just projecting. The Bears, however, are an actual team on the rise that is contending. And obviously you can never count the Packers out because of Rodgers.

Really??  People aren't absolutely intrigued by the Browns??  They would rather see the mediocrity that the Packers have become as they battle another mediocre offense in Chicago?

No way....NE/Browns would crush the Bears/Packers in ratings.

Edited by Mr. WEO

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Really??  People aren't absolutely intrigued by the Browns??  They would rather see the mediocrity that the Packers have become as they battle another mediocre offense in Chicago?

No way....NE/Browns would crush the Bears/Packers in ratings.

Agree. I’ve seen enough prime time Bears/Packers games to last a lifetime. Both the Pats and Browns are far more interesting. 

6 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree. I’ve seen enough prime time Bears/Packers games to last a lifetime. Both the Pats and Browns are far more interesting. 

The Packer were a dud last year (again).  Rodger's most impressive performance was getting the only coach he has ever had, fired--and replaced by... the Titans (yes, the TITANS!) OC.

Yikes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

They haven’t shown who they are and everyone is curious to find out. I’d rather watch that than two teams that feel like they will compete for a 4 seed but not championship 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I hope the poor ratings of another rigged NE Super Bowl run played into the scheduling decision. 

Yeah, that 101 million viewership really sent the league reeling.  Just like the kneeling did.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Just basing things on the ratings for last couple of Super Bowls nationally people don't want to tune in to see the Patriots like they used to. I'm much more inclined to watch Bears/Packers than the Pats.

I'm so sick of the Pats!   I'd rather watch literally any other team.  

I propose the Packers v. the Browns, and NE v. the Bears.  There, everyone is happy.  Except me, I really hate watching NE.  But would love to see the Bears pound them the first week.  

Edited by RyanC883

27 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I propose the Packers v. the Browns, and NE v. the Bears.  There, everyone is happy.  Except me, I really hate watching NE.  But would love to see the Bears pound them the first week.  

Bears and NE are not scheduled to meet in 2019 regular season

Either the Jets or the Browns for the NE game. 

The Jets are possible cause of the “new kid vs old king” thing, but networks have to be tired of finding stuff to say about Adam Gase. Soon they’re gonna end up talking about how he’s not a pedophile, no matter how much he looks like one.

i expect the browns are a shoe in given the OBJ story.

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Either the Jets or the Browns for the NE game. 

The Jets are possible cause of the “new kid vs old king” thing, but networks have to be tired of finding stuff to say about Adam Gase. Soon they’re gonna end up talking about how he’s not a pedophile, no matter how much he looks like one.

i expect the browns are a shoe in given the OBJ story.

The JETS have not proven anything to be seen as the "new kid".  

Their QB was INT prone, their HC never did anything in Miami with a decent QB.  Who knows what Bell will do in contract demands.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The JETS have not proven anything to be seen as the "new kid".  

Their QB was INT prone, their HC never did anything in Miami with a decent QB.  Who knows what Bell will do in contract demands.

Im aware. Doesn’t mean the media isn’t already smitten. 

32 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Im aware. Doesn’t mean the media isn’t already smitten. 

lol  I thought they were smitten with the Browns 

So, who will the Patriots play in Week 1? We won't know the opponent until the full schedule unveiling in April, but we do know it's going to be  one of eight opponents:

the Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets,  Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants or Kansas City Chiefs.

Does the NFL want to "reward" the Ch*mps by giving them a chump team, or will the NFL let KC get another shot at Brady.  (anyone remember the KC Blowout Victory over the chumps a few years back?)