Opening Night Confirmed GB v CHI, SNF Pats host

corta765

Corta the schedule guy here and it's been officially confirmed Bears Packers are the opener Thursday night. Patriots will host SNF week 1 my guess is Cleveland but also Pittsburgh possible. NE media not happy but 100th season for Bears and 101st for Pack were important factors.

Edited by corta765

3 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Who care about NE media? Screw 'em! Let them frenzy over Bratty's ACL tear on opening weekend!

I understand being upset a little. Typically opening game is for previous SB champ which for 99% of everyone means its close to a once in a generation thing your team opens the season.

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

I hope the poor ratings of another rigged NE Super Bowl run played into the scheduling decision. 

Doubtful more 100th anniversary. That said I think the NFL should consider changing the schedule where week 1 the years prior SB winner get a night game but not always opening night. Truthfully some years the SNF or MNF game has better matchups.

21 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Corta the schedule guy here and it's been officially confirmed Bears Packers are the opener Thursday night. Patriots will host SNF week 1 my guess is Cleveland but also Pittsburgh possible. NE media not happy but 100th season for Bears and 101st for Pack were important factors.

Even history and tradition are sick of these patsies! 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

I think New England will host KC on Sunday night.  That looks like the best week 1 matchup to me.

i think that goes into a a prime Sunday afternoon spot a little later in the season. Week 1 draws great ratings no matter what, and i thnk they will save that game for a huge ratings pull iin the solo afternoon slot.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

i think that goes into a a prime Sunday afternoon spot a little later in the season. Week 1 draws great ratings no matter what, and i thnk they will save that game for a huge ratings pull iin the solo afternoon slot.

Just basing things on the ratings for last couple of Super Bowls nationally people don't want to tune in to see the Patriots like they used to. I'm much more inclined to watch Bears/Packers than the Pats.

• Like (+1) 3