Caffeine Intake

Caffeine   

60 members have voted

1. 1. What is your main source of Caffine?

2. 2. How many times per day do you drink caffeinated beverages?

9 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I kicked caffeine 2 summers ago over summer break.  My family went to the Outer Banks for a week right after school let out and I told everyone I was only drinking water and beer for the week.  It worked fabulously.  No withdrawal headaches and I had a great time.

My blood pressure has been lower since and I'm sleeping noticeably better and more consistently.

glad to see someone realizes caffeine is a real drug with all the benefits, and consequences, therein.  

On a regular day, it's Coke Zero throughout the workday, and not really any once I get home. If I'm starting to get a headache due to lack of caffine, or I'm feeling extra tired, I'll grab a sugar free energy drink. If I'm planning on not getting a full night's sleep, I'll buy some five hour energy shots the night before.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

How many times per day?  Or how many beverages per day?  I only drink coffee in the morning, but I average 3 cups/day.  So what should my answer be?

Is this your first poll?

I had to get myself straight because I was one doctor's visit away from more pill poppin.I left the "habit" behind..cold turkey. I was going to opt for Boost but I hit up low sodium V-8 juice....I know,cold vegetable juice in the morning sounds horrible but I adapted...goes great with a ham/green pepper omelette.

I will admit..i really miss having a cup in the evening w/a slice of pie...but that's a fall/winter thing.

P.S.-i gave up Butterfingers for lent too...

27 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I had to get myself straight because I was one doctor's visit away from more pill poppin.I left the "habit" behind..cold turkey. I was going to opt for Boost but I hit up low sodium V-8 juice....I know,cold vegetable juice in the morning sounds horrible but I adapted...goes great with a ham/green pepper omelette.

I will admit..i really miss having a cup in the evening w/a slice of pie...but that's a fall/winter thing.

Sainthood may be in your future!

48 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

For many years, I drank coffee all day long.  I drink it black/no sugar - so I'd drink half a cup, then go top it off (at work) ... all day long, every day. 

I've been at my current job for about 3.5 years.  Shortly after I started, I stopped drinking so much coffee.  For the last few years, I no longer drink coffee at work.  I drink two cups in the morning after getting ready for work, then take a 3rd cup on the road - which I finish right when I'm pulling into work every day.  Then I'm done till the next morning.

I didn't even try.  It wasn't even a concern or a thought.  It just happened. 

Weekends I'll drink 4-5 cups per day, though.

The number of times per day being required poll is not useful.  First of all "times per day" does not equate to how much you drink.  I know someone who drinks once per day - a big gulp with mountain dew - and he will drink a lot more than someone with multiple cups of coffee.

My personal source of caffeine these days is Thai Tea.  On work days I will bring a 32 oz of Thai Tea which I drink cold but occasionally I drink cold tea at home and sometimes I drink it hot.  For those who are not aware you can find Thai tea leaves in bulk like coffee and make it in drip coffee makers.  It is remarkably inexpensive compared to tea bags.  My wife makes it for me with Stevia and Carnation non-dairy creamer rather than traditional sugar and coconut milk due to my health concerns and I have introduced it to people at work.

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

For many years, I drank coffee all day long.  I drink it black/no sugar - so I'd drink half a cup, then go top it off (at work) ... all day long, every day. 

I've been at my current job for about 3.5 years.  Shortly after I started, I stopped drinking so much coffee.  For the last few years, I no longer drink coffee at work.  I drink two cups in the morning after getting ready for work, then take a 3rd cup on the road - which I finish right when I'm pulling into work every day.  Then I'm done till the next morning.

I didn't even try.  It wasn't even a concern or a thought.  It just happened. 

Weekends I'll drink 4-5 cups per day, though.

I'm not your keeper or your bill payer but you just admitted to about 25 cups a week.If your heart healthy..all the power to you but don't ruin a good thing.You can eliminate those 8-10 cups on the weekend if you wanted to...challenge yourself.

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The number of times per day being required poll is not useful.  First of all "times per day" does not equate to how much you drink.  I know someone who drinks once per day - a big gulp with mountain dew - and he will drink a lot more than someone with multiple cups of coffee.

My personal source of caffeine these days is Thai Tea.  On work days I will bring a 32 oz of Thai Tea which I drink cold but occasionally I drink cold tea at home and sometimes I drink it hot.  For those who are not aware you can find Thai tea leaves in bulk like coffee and make it in drip coffee makers.  It is remarkably inexpensive compared to tea bags.  My wife makes it for me with Stevia and Carnation non-dairy creamer rather than traditional sugar and coconut milk due to my health concerns and I have introduced it to people at work.

Thai Tea does have a major perk ,great for your arthritis/joints..coffee doesn't offer that.

Soda isn't on the list, just sayin....

1 sometimes 2 cups of Joe on the shitter reading TSW, usually one cup  in the car on my drive to work, 12 or 20 oz. Dr Pepper before lunch, Arnold Palmer tea after lunch. 

Beer till bedtime and several glasses of water throughout the night.

4 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Soda is listed as pop.  If you are from WNY you grew up calling soda "pop" but in other areas of country people look at you strangely if you someone asks what you want to drink and you say pop.

https://www.coca-colacompany.com/

The "pop" people are mainly concentrated in the Midwest and Northwest, while the "soda" speakers live in the Northeast, Southwest and pockets in between. Most Southerners, meanwhile, tend to call any soft drink a “Coke," no matter what brand they're sipping.stories/on-the-map-tell-us-what-you-call-your-drink.

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Soda is listed as pop.  If you are from WNY you grew up calling soda "pop" but in other areas of country people look at you strangely if you someone asks what you want to drink and you say pop.

https://www.coca-colacompany.com/

The "pop" people are mainly concentrated in the Midwest and Northwest, while the "soda" speakers live in the Northeast, Southwest and pockets in between. Most Southerners, meanwhile, tend to call any soft drink a “Coke," no matter what brand they're sipping.stories/on-the-map-tell-us-what-you-call-your-drink.

LoL. This is the exact response I expected.

I am glad that I am neither a southerner nor northerner nor midwesterner. "Soda" is the correct term, thank you very much! ?

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

No coffee, maybe a Diet Coke or Coke Zero per month (usually with wings or pizza, taking me back to my childhood). But if I’m driving more than a couple hours I’ll probably have a diet Mt Dew and some salt and vinegar chips. Mt Dew is the devil’s juice, but sometimes when I arrive at my destination.....I want to keep going. 

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

How many times per day?  Or how many beverages per day?  I only drink coffee in the morning, but I average 3 cups/day.  So what should my answer be?

Is this your first poll?

I was wondering the same thing. Drink approximately the same amount - 2/3 of an average size pot, basically 3 cups. When it's gone I'm done for the day. I chose twice a day.

43 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

1 sometimes 2 cups of Joe on the shitter reading TSW, usually one cup  in the car on my drive to work, 12 or 20 oz. Dr Pepper before lunch, Arnold Palmer tea after lunch. 

Beer till bedtime and several glasses of water throughout the night.

I had a rough neck like you pictured as a Jack and Coke on the morning toilet guy.

21 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I had a rough neck like you pictured as a Jack and Coke on the morning toilet guy.

Liquor and me parted ways a while back. I still like a weekend morning brewski or four, after my daily ritual af coffee and TSW on the throne, of course. 

Caffeinated beer sounds like a good idea at the moment.