Fox Sports: NFL’s best fan base, Bills vs Titans the Final 4

There is this misperception that Upstate NY is full of country bumpkins. I am sure a lot more of the Bills Fans are twitter / tech savvier than the Cheeseheads or the Who Dat?  (I happen to like the Packers and the Saints as well).

In the not too distant past, people actually preferred Rochester over Silicon Valley for tech opportunities. Just saying.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:03 PM, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, I’d shocked if the Packers don’t take it easily. The Packers have a great fan base in Wisconsin, just as the Bills do among current/former WNY’ers. The big difference is the Packers have the nationwide bandwagon fans. 

Dude Bills Mafia is everywhere.  You must not go to away games.

8 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

There is this misperception that Upstate NY is full of country bumpkins. I am sure a lot more of the Bills Fans are twitter / tech savvier than the Cheeseheads or the Who Dat?  (I happen to like the Packers and the Saints as well).

In the not too distant past, people actually preferred Rochester over Silicon Valley for tech opportunities. Just saying.

Careful they may break out the dolls and pins.

11 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

The packers twitter account has 2.1 million followers compared to the Bills with 980K. So, maybe people don't realize how loyal we are as a collective fan base. 

On 3/25/2019 at 3:43 PM, May Day 10 said:

I often wonder what would happen to a fan base if they were forced to endure the past 20 years that we have had to.  I believe that in-stadium attendance for most teams would be in ruin.

I think the Packers are on a short list of teams with enough suckers to keep showing up.

The Packers are definitely on the short list, and their fans have proven it. 

“On Nov. 22, 1959, however, in an official league game against the Washington Redskins, just 297 tickets went unsold, so it was a little more difficult to notice even at the reduced capacity of 32,150 at the time. That was the last home game at the stadium — not counting the replacement games — that failed to sell out based on the team’s count of 317 straight games through the 2015 regular-season finale against the Minnesota Vikings.”

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/The-Packers-Last-Non-Sellout-at-Lambeau-Field-74998271/

5 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Dude Bills Mafia is everywhere.  You must not go to away games.

This.  Buffalo has to rival Pittsburgh for most away game fans.

Wow, the Titans beat the Vikings.  Didn't see that coming.

Edited by eball

OK - rough numbers - Saints crushed the weak Patsies fans, taking 67% of 45,000 votes - that means Saints got 30,000 votes.

Bills eked out a win over formidable Packers, taking 54% of 65,000 votes - that means Bills got 35,000 votes, Packers got 30,000 votes.

By my math, Bills >> Packers, Packers = Saints, therefore Bills>>Saints....Hello Final Four!

16 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Now for the elite 8. Should I start a new thread for that or just update this one?

Yes!  A new thread every day about this would be even better.  It's amazing when your team sucks for so long, what some Bills fans get excited about.  LOL

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Yes!  A new thread every day about this would be even better.  It's amazing when your team sucks for so long, what some Bills fans get excited about.  LOL

Doesn’t occur every day, but I smell what you’re stepping in. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAGyhiIZgd6AX-_XlLMBz

17 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

It ain’t no misperception. YeeeeHAAAAW!

17 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I know right...  who’d want to work for those loser corps like google, apple or adobe when you can work in the bleeding edge Polaroid film dept at Kodak??? 

So looking at the bracket, and doing the math, it'll be Bills vs Saints in the Elite 8. Based on total votes cast in the Sweet 16 Round, number of voters per team in that round was...

Bills - 35,007

Saints - 30,115

If the twit voters continue, Bills should make the Final 4

But that may be as far as they go. They would face either the Titans or Colts (probably Titans based on previous voting) and the Titans had 5,000+ more votes in the Sweet 16 round than the Bills. So look for them to fall to the Titans. In order for the Colts to upset the Titans, they will need easily 15,000+ additional votes than they got in the previous round. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1