moving up?

with all the free agency moves apparently filling the most obvious holes ,the most glaring in now at de -edge rusher or olb in near future,, ,the highest rated being  BOSA,  and then ALLEN and SWEAT,  ,is it possible that they are setting up a move for either ALLEN OR SWEAT ? lately some mock draft seeing them both at picks 5-7, IMO  getting Allen would be game changer and Sweat reminds me of a young Charles Haley , I would welcome a move to get either one, your opinion?/ or  can we wait and have one come to 9?

I watched Sweat this season ,he is just getting better every game it seems, 

the way I see it adding ten more draft picks plus udfa's. would be a crowded camp.

some teams are so close to cap that more cuts still coming, ,I am curious who is still getting released either before or post draft, my understanding was teams needed 10 million set aside for draft , some teams are way under that the may have changed it but to sign them  the teams still has to find cap space, so more  cuts coming even before camps.

wish list for my draft goes like this.

1 sweat de or allen olb

2 dexter Lawrence dt  ,or  chris lindstrom og 

3 riley ridley, deebo Samuel or ,miles boykin,, wrs.

4 benny snell rb , olive sagapolu, dt  or beau benzschawel og

5 dieter ot or ,granderson olb , bryce love rb,,

any combination will keep me smiling this offseason

• Like (+1) 1

Nothing is out of Beaner's toolbox. I think if the guy they really want/need is in range and the deal is right, we will pull the trigger.  With all the FA signings, I do not see us trading down unless it is for a 1st, 2nd next year or they have identified a player who will be gone by the time they pick in that round. Beane seems to be looking for game-changers and the DE/Edge position is one of those where an elite player can change the game. 

With QB/MLB set, this is the next logical position to have a star athlete preferably on a rookie deal. Then OT

"You may be right. I may be crazy. It just might be a lunatic we're looking for."

Edited by BillsRdue

34 minutes ago, tombstone56 said:

with all the free agency moves apparently filling the most obvious holes ,the most glaring in now at de -edge rusher or olb in near future,, ,the highest rated being  BOSA,  and then ALLEN and SWEAT,  ,is it possible that they are setting up a move for either ALLEN OR SWEAT ? lately some mock draft seeing them both at picks 5-7, IMO  getting Allen would be game changer and Sweat reminds me of a young Charles Haley , I would welcome a move to get either one, your opinion?/ or  can we wait and have one come to 9?

the way I see it adding ten more draft picks plus udfa's. would be a crowded camp.

some teams are so close to cap that more cuts still coming, ,I am curious who is still getting released either before or post draft, my understanding was teams needed 10 million set aside for draft , some teams are way under that the may have changed it but to sign them  the teams still has to find cap space, so more  cuts coming even before camps.

1 sweat de or allen olb

Sweat will most likely be available at 9.  Bosa is the only guy I think Beane would trade up from 9 for, but IMO the price would be too high.

I don’t see a trade up working this year. Who are you trading up with?

Arizona stays at 1 and it would cost too much anyways

San Francisco, maybe, but the cost is too prohibitive (multiple 1sts)

Jets? I doubt they trade with a division rival 

Oakland? How many firsts do they need? 

So maybe you can get to 5 and the Bucs. That’s an intriguing spot. Question is, are Bosa, Allen and Quinnen Williams gone by then? Most likely they are. So then who are you trading up for? Gary or Sweat? One of them would almost certainly be there at 9 and I don’t think either of them are worth a trade up. 

Giants at 6? No way they are trading out of there. They wouldn’t trade out of 2 last year for a kings ransom, instead drafting a running back. 

Jacksonville and Detroit at 7-8 all the talent worth trading up for almost certainly gone. 

It takes two to tango 

Edited by Bills2ref

46 minutes ago, tombstone56 said:

1 sweat de or allen olb

I don’t see this happening.  If anything I can see the Bills package a few pick together to get another player in the 3rd or 4th rounds, but I don’t see them moving up in the first round.

45 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Only trade up for QBs. Since we don’t need one we don’t have to trade up.

“Only” is just not a word that should be used often.  If Nick Bosa or Quinnen Williams falls to 5 and we can get 5 by trading #9 and a 3rd, I pull the trigger every day of the week. “Only” makes the compensation irrelevant, while the compensation is ALWAYS relevant.  Only.  Lol.  No.

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Only trade up for QBs. Since we don’t need one we don’t have to trade up.

I concur with this theory. I’m not certain yet if the Bills need one or not, but I do know this; I wouldn’t trade up for any QB in this draft. 

No. The only trade up I think they will do is use the boatload of day 3 picks to improve the round 2, 3 or 4 picks. If the one of the top TEs reaches the mid 20s I can see the jumping back up.

Up from 9? No point, even if no QBs go, there will still be top players

Best available DL at #9 like Ed Oliver or Montz Sweat, then trade up to bottom of 1st or top of 2nd for best remaining OT, like Cody Ford or Dalton Risner. 

2 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

we stay put at 9 and grab the best defensive player available... then we also move into the late 1st to grab an elite WR or TE.

that is my guess

Would take a TE also I guess.

Edited by Tatonka68

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

“Only” is just not a word that should be used often.  If Nick Bosa or Quinnen Williams falls to 5 and we can get 5 by trading #9 and a 3rd, I pull the trigger every day of the week. “Only” makes the compensation irrelevant, while the compensation is ALWAYS relevant.  Only.  Lol.  No.

Sure, if some team decides to get stupid and offer a trade up to the top 5 for only a 3rd (lol delusional) then go for it. 

Edited by Bangarang

1 hour ago, tombstone56 said:

1 sweat de or allen olb

Not only do I not think we will trade UP, but I think Beane will first try and trade down.  If he can't find a partner, he will stay at 9 and draft one of the stud prospects there.  The top 10 is so deep there isn't nearly as much incentive to move up right now from 9.  

That being said, I do very much think we will trade up at least once, maybe even multiple times in other parts of the draft, especially if he completes a trade down.  I do not think Beane intends on drafting 10+ players (would be more than 10 if we traded down and got any picks this year).  

My personal feeling is that we will draft more than 2 players in the first 2 rounds.  Lets assume they trade down and grab an extra 2nd.  They would have a first, two 2nds, a 3rd, two 4ths, and two 5ths.

Now they have a ton of ammo to move up once or even twice later in the draft.  For example, they could package one of their 2nds and either our 3rd or one of our 4ths (depending how high they moved up) to get back into the late first or early 2nd to grab a guy they covet (Maybe Simmons, Harry, Fant, Risner, Ford, etc).  

Or maybe they keep both 2nds, and instead trade our 3rd and one (or both) of our 4th rounders to get yet a third 2nd round pick.  That would give us 4 picks in first 2 rounds.  

There is just too much value in this draft IMO to trade up from 9.  There will blue chip top 5 players at 9 already, plus with such a deep a draft at positions we will look to improve, there is plenty of opportunity to move down and then up and around the draft multiple times.  

All I know is that I trust Beane.  If he trades up, I wont be upset as I know we will get a great prospect...but I just dont think its going to happen because he do a lot more for this team moving down or staying put.  

Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
Beans don't burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin'
Just to get up that hill.
Now we're up in the big leagues
Gettin' our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it's you and me baby
There ain't nothin wrong with that.
Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up