CB EJ Gaines 1 year deal

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You know what would be the most Bills-y thing ever?  Gaines and Johnson colliding during training camp and concussing each other...

Or chipping a sternum, being bored, and both having kids, because as some ex-Bills receiver claims, there's nothing to do in Buffalo, but make babies ???

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

There was a nasty rumor in town that no prima donna wants to play for Buffalo??

We need a bigger locker room.

Fixed it for you, @HOUSE

Incidentally, I am beyond okay with this. 

31 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Looks like O line, DE or DT with 9 or maybe a trade down.

Good signing I hope he can stay healthy. 

I think the focus is on both lines. Most of our OLine aren't long term solutions, both guards and RT need some young talent.

53 minutes ago, billykay said:

With the free agent signings, more & more I think Beane is thinking LB in the 1st round. Devon White would look good playing with his Buddy Trevarious.

Good point worth discussing,  I just started a thread about LBs.

What a shrewd signing. Hopefully he can stay healthy. We look set on drafting a CB on Day 2 so we're going to go into next year with White, Wallace, Gaines, T. Johnson and one of Ya Sin/Layne/Joejuan/Oruwariye on the active game day roster.

EDIT: Forgot about Kevin Johnson. Dang we're stacked!

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Wallace only faced one big WR in those last 7 games - Kenny Galloday from Lions who caught 7/8 passes thrown his way for 146 yds.  With us playing CLE, PIT, CIN, PHL the level of WRs will be much better than last end of last season NYJ, MIA, NE) . 

Wallace also gave up the play to Moncrief at goal line vs JAGS that preceded the Fournette / Lawson throwdown.  OBD may be worried about him vs big-time talent WRs.

Galloday was in the zone that day.  Tre got beat several times IIRC.

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

And TE and RB and OLine depth. 

And more Oline depth.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Silly stat but a fact...earlier this afternoon, Murph said we were 8-3 when he started.

Not sillly.  And it was mentioned earlier in this thread. But it makes sense because the Bills had far less depth at CB in 2017 than they do/will now. 

9 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Is he throwing a little shade at Cleveland/Greggo?

Sort of sounded that way.  Sounds like he's glad to be back and I'm happy to have EJ back.  Just hope he can stay healthy; that was the only reason why he walked after the 2017 season.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Sort of sounded that way.  Sounds like he's glad to be back and I'm happy to have EJ back.  Just hope he can stay healthy; that was the only reason why he walked after the 2017 season.

Yeah he got good money from Cleveland so they let him walk.  And he proceeded to get injured quickly. If he does here as well, it won’t be any surprise. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That's actually the same value as his 2018 Cleveland contract............hopefully very little is guaranteed and a portion of the rest is incentives considering that he missed 10 games last year and only made a couple starts.    Most of Beane's deals this winter have looked better for the players on the surface than they actually are.     The risks on Morse and Beasley were the only significant ones.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's actually the same value as his 2018 Cleveland contract............hopefully very little is guaranteed and a portion of the rest is incentives considering that he missed 10 games last year and only made a couple starts.    Most of Beane's deals this winter have looked better for the players on the surface than they actually are.     The risks on Morse and Beasley were the only significant ones.

The dead cap hit on Beasley after two seasons is only three million of things don't work out.  Morse we'd have to swallow 5.5 million after two years.  All these contracts are front loaded so we won't end up having to eat a contract like Dareus's (14.2 million in dead money last year).  This is how smart GM's spend money when their rookie QB is at the beginning of his rookie contract.