CB EJ Gaines 1 year deal

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

You will hate me for this but I don’t think it means they won’t draft one. Maybe not in round 1, but this is a one year deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if they trade back up for Rock Ya Sin. Temple. Perfect Zone CB and I believe a wrestler.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

You will hate me for this but I don’t think it means they won’t draft one. Maybe not in round 1, but this is a one year deal.

Agree completely.  I see it in rounds 5-7 at this stage given the quality of the class (unless someone like a Rock Ya-Sin slides) and the fact that it seems the sweet spot is in this range in the draft.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So many injury prone corners so little time 

JK welcome back EJ

Old running backs and fragile corners. Maybe that’s the slogan for the 2019 Bills marketing campaign

I LOVED watching EJ play!   He worked so well in concert with our other secondary members.   I was very disappointed we didn't get to keep him last year.  Even if he's only on the field 2/3s of the time, we are very, very solid when he's back there.   Not only that, but we have QUALITY CB depth and a lot of it!   Why would we not like that?

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Wallace is the incumbent starter.  But they will have to compete.

Wallace only faced one big WR in those last 7 games - Kenny Galloday from Lions who caught 7/8 passes thrown his way for 146 yds.  With us playing CLE, PIT, CIN, PHL the level of WRs will be much better than last end of last season NYJ, MIA, NE) . 

Wallace also gave up the play to Moncrief at goal line vs JAGS that preceded the Fournette / Lawson throwdown.  OBD may be worried about him vs big-time talent WRs.

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Nice move. Levi, Taron, and EJ can compete for CB#2,3,and 4. Also decreases the likelihood they use a top 4 draft pick on a DB

I agree, although remember  EJ & Kevin Johnson are on 1 year deals, so we have fantastic depth for this year, but no depth guarantees for longer.  So we'll always need a pipeline of some kind.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

Man how can you not love this off-season so far. Can't wait for the draft, I have all the confidence in the world in this front office. Go Bills, have a great Monday everyone.

With the free agent signings, more & more I think Beane is thinking LB in the 1st round. Devon White would look good playing with his Buddy Trevarious.

• Like (+1) 3