CB EJ Gaines 1 year deal

2 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

There is no unit on this team that is below average right now except QB and DL. We are in a perfect position to just go BPA. That said, I'd like a beast to replace Kyle and another OL as well as Lo's replacement and a good pass rusher, but we can just let it fall to us.

TE is way below average

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bills92 said:

Not sure if anybody else brought this up (Apologize if it has)  But Does anybody else think that Beane may be building up the secondary in order to trade Tre White for that superstar receiver or D-lineman that he has been linked too?  I know in the past, we have talked about interest in Julio Jones and Clowney....  I'm not saying he should do this.. just asking if folks on this board think this may be a possibility

No, it's just you.

• Like (+1) 1

I would go edge or dt at 9. Maybe we move back up into the first round to pick up a TE. 

Christian Wilkins is a stud in this league imo. Oliver is another with a high ceiling. If by some luck Quinnen Williams drops...

Taking a TE at 9 is almost too risky for me. Hockenson or Fant would need to be the second coming of Kelce/Ertz for it to be worth it. That's a lot to ask of a TE. 

57 minutes ago, wppete said:

Beane is the best GM in the league.

If having the most experienced veterans on a roster going into the first mini-camp makes you #1 then Beane is well on his way to the top of the May/June GM power rankings.;)

I like the addition based on past results......but once you get past the top 3 CB's the other guys gotta' be really good on ST's...........so barring injury or EJ out playing one of White, Johnson and Wallace.........EJ better be prepared to go back to covering kicks and not sure his injury history will allow for that.

Also don't see Kevin Johnson holding up on ST's and still being a viable CB option in event of injury.  

They will probably either crack the top 3 or not make it. 

For those wondering why the Bills are getting dibs on vets like Johnson and Gaines.......being able to play ST's is why teams usually don't employ older vets for the 4th or 5th CB spots.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

I guess they really wanna create competition across from Tre'. I thought Levi Wallace played well last season but they must think they can do better given the signings of Kevin Johnson and now Gaines. 

Having four good corners for the D is some sort of a minimum anyhow.  I was hoping EJ Gaines might come back as he was good in this D.  He will have a head start over Johnson, as he already has a year in this D.  In fact, having even 5 corners is not a bad idea.