CB EJ Gaines 1 year deal

26 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Please stay healthy EJ. The D was strong with him on the field. I can see us having lots of flexibility and rotation on the D-Line and Secondary keeping guys fresh. This is another solid, solid signing.  SWEET-ASS offseason so far.  WR/TE/DE/DT/LB all that's really left. A  couple more signings and it's BPA all the way!

Still think they need at least a developmental OT and a RB under 30 as well.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I'm just crossing my fingers that this really means we won't draft a CB in round 1.

You will hate me for this but I don’t think it means they won’t draft one. Maybe not in round 1, but this is a one year deal.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You will hate me for this but I don’t think it means they won’t draft one. Maybe not in round 1, but this is a one year deal.

Well I don't think we will get Greedy at this juncture.

17 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I think the Bills may have one of the most stacked secondaries in the league. They can sustain multiple injuries and still have a very good secondary. 

You know what would be the most Bills-y thing ever?  Gaines and Johnson colliding during training camp and concussing each other...

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Not sure if anybody else brought this up (Apologize if it has)  But Does anybody else think that Beane may be building up the secondary in order to trade Tre White for that superstar receiver or D-lineman that he has been linked too?  I know in the past, we have talked about interest in Julio Jones and Clowney....  I'm not saying he should do this.. just asking if folks on this board think this may be a possibility

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

I guess they really wanna create competition across from Tre'. I thought Levi Wallace played well last season but they must think they can do better given the signings of Kevin Johnson and now Gaines. 

Wallace was really good in coverage but he was overpowered by contact at the NFL level...........interceptions ripped from his hands...........plowed over in the run game.

Can't remember the game but after a particularly bad half of being manhandled he came out the next half and was throwing his body around hitting and after that he was clearly at least giving 100% effort in the physical aspect of the game...........but even so he is a very, very slender player so it's reasonable to question whether he has the build to hold up for every down play at the NFL level.

Dude works though.........he is an inspiration.........I think it's good to have plenty of backup though.

• Like (+1) 2

There is no unit on this team that is below average right now except QB and DL. We are in a perfect position to just go BPA. That said, I'd like a beast to replace Kyle and another OL as well as Lo's replacement and a good pass rusher, but we can just let it fall to us.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Wallace was really good in coverage but he was overpowered by contact at the NFL level...........interceptions ripped from his hands...........plowed over in the run game.

Can't remember the game but after a particularly bad half of being manhandled he came out the next half and was throwing his body around hitting and after that he was clearly at least giving 100% effort in the physical aspect of the game...........but even so he is a very, very slender player so it's reasonable to question whether he has the build to hold up for every down play at the NFL level.

Dude works though.........he is an inspiration.........I think it's good to have plenty of backup though.

Going into the offseason it was def understood that Wallace needed to be living in the weight room......hopefully he has