CB EJ Gaines 1 year deal

1 minute ago, TPS said:

Much like the Bills' team itself, the collection of signings this year typifies the phrase "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts." 

Looking at the current roster, it's almost as if two of their top needs (DT and TE) align with the R1 talent in the draft....

It's almost as if they know what they're doing :) The draft can't get here soon enough!

3 minutes ago, TPS said:

Much like the Bills' team itself, the collection of signings this year typifies the phrase "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts." 

Looking at the current roster, it's almost as if two of their top needs (DT and TE) align with the R1 talent in the draft....

And I strongly suspect that's not by accident. DT in the first (Oliver, Wilkins, Williams by some miracle), then TE in the 2nd or perhaps trade up. 

22 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

The big deal for me here is it likely takes CB of the draft board.  Focus on Dline Dline oline and TE

we can only hope.

I am really pumped to see EJ Gaines again. Poyer Hyde and White seemed to really like him as they were a bit salty/sad when he did not resign after his one injury plagued year in Buffalo.

Bills do seem to have picked a lot of guys coming off injury or who are injury prone. So safety in numbers it appears.

Edited by cba fan

I'm having a senior moment, but which team was it in the playoffs that started 7 DBs and won the game?  Think it was the Chargers beating the Ravens; using more DBs shut down running lanes for Jackson?  At any rate, having more CBs helps with depth and gives you flexibility on your defensive strategies.

Great add.  I still expect Tre and Levi to be the starters on the outside and Taron the nickel, leaving Kevin Johnson and EJ to be the 4th/5th CB, and that should mean less wear-and-tear on them and hopefully staying healthier longer.

42 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wow this signing came out of nowhere. Maybe they're not as high on Wallace as I thought. 

Don't think it necessarily means that. In the current passing league, it's wise to have as many stout CBs as possible; the third and fourth (and even fifth) CBs will play an integral part in the team's success. This secondary is likely to be pretty fearsome this year (and it was already the top secondary in football last year).

51 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I love this.

I wanted this last year.  Honestly, things might have turned out a bit differently if they had signed him last year when they had the chance.

No, not playoffs, but you know what I mean.  That debacle in the first 2 games was gross.

I would have paid him 5-6 last year and when (Cleveland?) got him for 4 I was P.O.'d.  An easy amount for a guy they liked.

I was mad too, but injuries limited him to only six games last year. Still more than Vontae...

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wow this signing came out of nowhere. Maybe they're not as high on Wallace as I thought. 

This regime believes in competition.  Wallace played well when he got his shot.  If he is the guy his play will continue to prove it.  And if he does having Kevin Johnson and Gaines as depth is a win.