CB EJ Gaines 1 year deal

I wasted all my rep points on this thread.  I love this signing.  He played so well in this system and the depth in the secondary is fantastic!  When i saw the thread title i thought please be with Buffalo.  Happy Monday!

I said in a different thread this is becoming easily the most exciting training camp and preseason in a really long time. 

There are going to be some outstanding position battles on this team. Sooooo many decent to good to great players battling for playing time and starting jobs. No way McDermott doesn’t get the very best out of these guys. Nobody is walking in being handed anything at a lot of positions 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This signing makes all sorts of sense.

Already know he fits in with the locker room culture.

Already know he can be highly productive in this scheme, even to the level of being a quality starter at CB2.

Creates strong competition for CB2 role between Wallace, Johnson, and Gaines. Wallace will have to EARN his starting spot.

Assuming White, Wallace, Taron Johnson are starting trio, this move (along with the Kevin Johnson signing) creates EXCELLENT depth in the secondary. Both Johnson and Gaines have been high level starters in this league, they just struggle to stay healthy.

The ONLY negative I can think of with this signing and the Kevin Johnson signing is that both guys have struggled to stay healthy. Both deals, though, are only for one year and are cheap, and thus come with little risk whatsoever.

Love, love, love it.

• Like (+1) 2

Please stay healthy EJ. The D was strong with him on the field. I can see us having lots of flexibility and rotation on the D-Line and Secondary keeping guys fresh. This is another solid, solid signing.  SWEET-ASS offseason so far.  WR/TE/DE/DT/LB all that's really left. A  couple more signings and it's BPA all the way!

Much like the Bills' team itself, the collection of signings this year typifies the phrase "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts." 

Looking at the current roster, it's almost as if two of their top needs (DT and TE) align with the R1 talent in the draft....

• Like (+1) 8